03/04 Cobra Hilton Boost Overlay

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I've had the boost overlay for almost 2 years but keep putting off installing it because an after market boost gauge is needed to calibrate it properly. So, I finally went down to Napa and ordered one up. Of course, I kept the receipt so I can return it.

Here are some before and after pics. I will post up some more once it's calibrated and installed.

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

Now, all I need is a smaller pulley to make use of the overlay.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Looks great.

The needle is extremely sensitive. I did every thing I could not to damage mine. Never worked after putting mine on. Any insite as to what I could do aside from a total replacement would be appreciated.

93_408_LX

Established Member
Looks great.

The needle is extremely sensitive. I did every thing I could not to damage mine. Never worked after putting mine on. Any insite as to what I could do aside from a total replacement would be appreciated.
What about cutting a small slit and slipping it down and over, instead of actually taking the needle off? I doubt you would see the slit once it's on.

Just a thought

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Looks great.

Well, I don't know if mine will work till I re-install it, but did you put silicone on the boost hose when you reattached it? Maybe a kink in the hose.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
The needle comes off easily with the tool shown in Ray's Boost Overlay thread (sticky thread in Terminator section). I've also heard of guys using a fork to gently pop the indicator needle off.

BTW OP... that looks GREAT!

I have Ray's High Boost overlay....

2mrv5g0.jpg

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
If you pull to hard when trying to get the needle off or if you pull off center it can damage or "unhinge" the spring that makes the neddle return to zero. Happened to me when i installed mine. You just have to play around with it and it will slip back into its normal position...

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
The needle comes off easily with the tool shown in Ray's Boost Overlay thread (sticky thread in Terminator section). I've also heard of guys using a fork to gently pop the indicator needle off.

BTW OP... that looks GREAT!

I have Ray's High Boost overlay....

2mrv5g0.jpg

looks clean...i may have to do this instead of the pod on the dash

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
if you push the needle back down too far it wont move...make sure there's a small gap between the needle and gauge face

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ray's overlay really looks factory once installed. You'd never know it was an overlay. Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread