03-04 Reman engine info.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
These engines are kick ass. Steve @ Tousley shipped the long block to me last year. Perfect process very easy.

Been running it with the mods in my sig and it performs perfectly.

I have a feeling since Ford has contracted them to do the 03-04 reman blocks that there is a very high quality standard that must be met since they are backed by Ford's 3 year 100k mile warranty.

ctgreddy

Established Member
So are there any benefits to going this route over an aluminator where you dont need to have a core return? Anyone know how much power an aluminator can handle? I'm assuming that since these remans have mahle pistons and hopefully have a better piston to wall clearance that they could handle more power than an oem setup?

These engines are kick ass. Steve @ Tousley shipped the long block to me last year. Perfect process very easy.

Been running it with the mods in my sig and it performs perfectly.

I have a feeling since Ford has contracted them to do the 03-04 reman blocks that there is a very high quality standard that must be met since they are backed by Ford's 3 year 100k mile warranty.

Wait a minute...the remanufactured long blocks carry a 3yr/100k???!

A.T

Established Member
Wait a minute...the remanufactured long blocks carry a 3yr/100k???!

Yup. As long as there is no mods for the induction, no tune, or pulley. Basically all you can have done is exhaust system to be under warranty.

Actually I think it is a 3 year unlimited mileage.

Yup. As long as there is no mods for the induction, no tune, or pulley. Basically all you can have done is exhaust system to be under warranty.

Actually I think it is a 3 year unlimited mileage.

How do they verify that no mods are going on the long block? Has to be installed at a particular dealer?

TVSCobra

Established Member
If anything goes wrong, DO NOT take your car to a Ford dealer if it is modified. Call the dealer you bought the engine from and remove it from the car. Then return it and get a replacement.

A.T

Established Member
How do they verify that no mods are going on the long block? Has to be installed at a particular dealer?

If there was something that went wrong and you went to the dealer and they saw something done to it then it's void. If it appears stock then your fine.

A.T

Established Member
Man 4 grand and you guys can get a brand new longblock that's a hell of a deal for you guys.

Yep. And mine was a better deal because I traded a bone stock 2000 GT for it that I paid 6k for 2 months prior. The GT had 92 or 93k and the Cobra had 90k.

Davey07

Established Member
thank you,(TVS Cobra) pretty much answered every question I had about these remans. that dealer is within 30 mins from me which makes it even better.

TVSCobra

Established Member
thank you,(TVS Cobra) pretty much answered every question I had about these remans. that dealer is within 30 mins from me which makes it even better.

Glad I was able to help!

Touley has a really good price on these Reman engines.

Plus all the o-rings, gaskets and bolts you need for the job. They have the best prices!

I always use Tousley, they have great customer service. Steve is the man!

The local Ford dealer here is terrible on prices and customer service!

Sajin

Established Member
Any word on the piston to wall clearance? It sounds like these motors are a great deal, has everything you need except better piston to wall clearance.

highf250

Established Member
This motor and 2.9 whipple??

Anyone running a whipple on reman?
Im in the market for motor right now

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorry for the old thread bump but I have been running my Reman since '07 was always whippled @around 600 +/- and now at 700+ for the last year and a half. My motor has been used! lots of track and street use and has been running great!

Reason I bumped this thread is because I have been wondering what I am going to do when this one goes and I think i'll just get another remain!

SVTRAT

Banned
Sorry for the old thread bump but I have been running my Reman since '07 was always whippled @around 600 +/- and now at 700+ for the last year and a half. My motor has been used! lots of track and street use and has been running great!

Reason I bumped this thread is because I have been wondering what I am going to do when this one goes and I think i'll just get another remain!

Yeah, me too. My remanufactured longblock is more stout than most of the failed built motors on this forum. I beat the shit out of it 12 months a year and still running strong. Maybe i will get one more just in case this ones lets go.

Yeah, me too. My remanufactured longblock is more stout than most of the failed built motors on this forum. I beat the shit out of it 12 months a year and still running strong. Maybe i will get one more just in case this ones lets go.

How many miles? You have 100k on this remanufactured longblock? because I know for sure that's what I'd call a stout motor.

Users who are viewing this thread