03-04 Reman engine info.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Depending on what I find this weekend will determine if I get a reman or not.....

brady_f

Established Member
What classifies as a core? Do the TS/Turbo guys have to piece together a stock longblock in order to get the core credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTRAT

Banned
What classifies as a core? Do the TS/Turbo guys have to piece together a stock longblock in order to get the core credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has to be a terminator core regardless of the condition. My brother set his in with a big hole on the side of the block.

mysticvenom623

Established Member
My Terminator came with a reman engine. It has about 6k on it with no issues. I have read in a few places that the engine has all the revisions that are listed above (ie. Water passages etc.) and is extremely durable.

BMR Tech

When you send the core in, does it have to be dressed up, or just a bare longblock? I assume it needs to have the oil-pan, VC, timing cover etc?

TVSCobra

Established Member
When you send the core in, does it have to be dressed up, or just a bare longblock? I assume it needs to have the oil-pan, VC, timing cover etc?

Yes

Oil to valve covers, water pump and oil cooler.

You get a new water pump and oil cooler.

TVSCobra

Established Member
They lowered the price 1000.00? Yes you need a core and you get 2000k back unless they have changed the core price.

I paided 6200 then got 2000 back for my core. It must be a terminator core.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
My 03 has a reman in it. On the oasis report it says because the old motor locked up. it said the short block was replaced in 05. How do i did more in to this to see if i got one of these motors? Also not sure why they would not just swap the whole long block with heads and all.

JDUB348

Established Member
Just got done installing my remanned engine and I am in absolute love. Very straight forward swap, and this is coming from a guy who had never changed his own oil in his life a couple years ago. Did thr whole swap my self. It is such a screaming deal :)

My new engine only has 70 miles on it at the moment ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread