03 10th Anny w/V.I.S. Carbon fiber hood

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Looks good man! Im not liking the huge cobra emblem, but its not bad! I have my pony on the front still, painted black.

Any pictures of the underside of the hood?

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
silverstang20 said:
That is just absolutely 100% pure sexy!!! i am in love with your car. The black on the hood really brings out the black interior. I am not one to purchase wrecked cars but.....let me know if you sell that thing in the future.
It really wasn't wrecked, a girl pulled out in front of me and I bumped her. My bumper had a hole in it and the the front of the hood chipped off a little. I lucked out, I had no metal damage.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
Fitment is good for an aftermarket hood. I think it needs a few shims at the hinge to prop the back up and point the front down, but I just wanted it back. The latch isn't steel reinforced, but neither is the stocker, and the frame of the hood appears to be Ford. I hope it doesn't need pins, but we'll find out!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll wash it tommorow.

I've heard many CF hoods are just re-skinned Ford frames. If that's the case, the latch should be good to go, the only concern is the lighter weight keeping it down. I think it would be ok.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Looks great! I have been throwing that idea around since last spring. I was affrain the hood would fit like trash so I never went through with it. Get us some more pics clean and out side!

What are you going to put in the holes? Do the stock plastic grilles fit?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread