03 Cobra 11.48 @ 122

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Maybe whoever had the car before you removed some weight? A factory car at 3650lbs + you at 175lbs should equal a race weight of 3825lbs. Then subtract the 70lbs or so for the back seat and spare and theres another 50lbs somewhere. I wouldn't complain about having a car that is a bit lighter though! I wish my car came with that option! That is a damn impressive 60' for nitto's! Your trap is a bit low, but track conditions that day could have played a big factor. My car with very similar mods on ET Streets would consitantly go 125-127mph, but I had a few times where for some reason the car would only trap 123-124 the whole day. Temperature, humidity, and track prep can mess with your mind sometimes!

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Maybe whoever had the car before you removed some weight? A factory car at 3650lbs + you at 175lbs should equal a race weight of 3825lbs. Then subtract the 70lbs or so for the back seat and spare and theres another 50lbs somewhere. I wouldn't complain about having a car that is a bit lighter though! I wish my car came with that option! That is a damn impressive 60' for nitto's! Your trap is a bit low, but track conditions that day could have played a big factor. My car with very similar mods on ET Streets would consitantly go 125-127mph, but I had a few times where for some reason the car would only trap 123-124 the whole day. Temperature, humidity, and track prep can mess with your mind sometimes!

wow, the trap should be that high? Mine is only 122 (12.1 E.T. with a 2.0 60') and I have stg IV port, 2.76upper/2lb lower - 491hp 507tq. Then again, my race weight with me in it is 3975 (subs, full int and full tank of gas, I weigh 195lbs). That was on BFG DR's, but my first time out with the car.

Last edited:

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
i need to get my car down to MIR...i've only had it out at Mason Dixon..and can't hook with my Nittos. I did pull a 1.67 60' time my last run out, but had to let out because i started wheel hopping real bad...was hoping for qa 10 sec pass

Venimus03

Established Member
i need to get my car down to MIR...i've only had it out at Mason Dixon..and can't hook with my Nittos. I did pull a 1.67 60' time my last run out, but had to let out because i started wheel hopping real bad...was hoping for qa 10 sec pass
Ditch those nitto's and get some ET streets, soft sides wall, no wheel hop!

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
my dad has a set of MTs on an extra set of mach 1 wheels for his car, i'd like to take them off his rims and put them on mine...old man doesnt use them

Stinkapuss

Established Member
My car with very similar mods on ET Streets would consitantly go 125-127mph, but I had a few times where for some reason the car would only trap 123-124 the whole day. Temperature, humidity, and track prep can mess with your mind sometimes!

Yeah, the trap speed has been my nemesis so far. I don't know what the problem could be.:shrug:

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
Yeah, the trap speed has been my nemesis so far. I don't know what the problem could be.:shrug:

yeah i feel like im a good 3 mph off. Conditions definately play a factor. I could use more track time too. I should have a rookie stripe on at the track lol. Ive gone down the track maybe 20 times in my life in 3 different cars...02 GT, 03 Mach 1 and my cobra

Stinkapuss

Established Member
yeah i feel like im a good 3 mph off. Conditions definately play a factor. I could use more track time too. I should have a rookie stripe on at the track lol. Ive gone down the track maybe 20 times in my life in 3 different cars...02 GT, 03 Mach 1 and my cobra

Regardless of conditions I still trap the same. I have to shift early (6k) so that could be one reason. Have to wait for a new clutch to rev it a little higher.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You know Mo, these freakin Eatons are famous for getting hot and pulling timing in 4th and sometimes even 3rd gear. Especially when we do a lengthy burnout which only adds to the heat. Aggresive ice box strategies can certainly help here.

Another thing you may consider is that with the increased effeciency of the port, it may be time to spin it a little quicker through the addition of a bigger lower pulley. Remember now, the lower pulley will literally accelerate the blower rotors quicker than an upper only and you'll get a real nice torque improvement throughout the entire run.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
I hear you Dwight. Jason just installed a 4lb lower and bap this past weekend. I logged my runs before and I was hitting peak timing and keeping the iats 2's under 120 through 4th. I'm switching to a more aggresive tune (22-23 degrees timing) next time out and we'll see where that takes me. As for icing, I usually fill her up with ice and been getting to the line with the iats 2's at 100 degrees.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I was initially running a can of Torco with 10+/- gallons of 93 to get me to 98 or so octane on a 23 degree tune, just to be safe and keep the cylinders a little cooler. Now, I'm running 24 degrees of advance on 101 octane (can of torco with 5 gallons of 93) on my race tune.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
I was initially running a can of Torco with 10+/- gallons of 93 to get me to 98 or so octane on a 23 degree tune, just to be safe and keep the cylinders a little cooler. Now, I'm running 24 degrees of advance on 101 octane (can of torco with 5 gallons of 93) on my race tune.

Ok, I'll throw some race gas in there next time out and run that 23 deg tune. I also have a super race tune from Jon thats 23 deg timing and 1% leaner.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i got nittos too. i havent run my car yet, what type of burn out you do.and tire pressure?
i got sra ,with mods below, with a weight of 3950 with me in it and half tank of gas. what should i run?

Stinkapuss

Established Member
i got nittos too. i havent run my car yet, what type of burn out you do.and tire pressure?
i got sra ,with mods below, with a weight of 3950 with me in it and half tank of gas. what should i run?

I've run 19 to 26 psi in the tires depending on track prep. I do a good 8-10 sec burn out. I have to remind you that MIR is usually a very well prepped track.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
great times!

I have nitto dr's too. :pepper:
How many RPM's did you lauch at?
and did you dump the clutch or let it out slowly then dump it?

Stinkapuss

Established Member
I have nitto dr's too. :pepper:
How many RPM's did you lauch at?
and did you dump the clutch or let it out slowly then dump it?

I launch between 5000 and 5500 rpms. I don't dump, I just let it out quick while mashing the gas to the floor at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread