03 Cobra 11.48 @ 122

Stinkapuss

Established Member
I don't know how bad your air was, but here it was nasty. 95 deg. with high humidity. My buddies 2.2 full weight KB car was trapping about what yours was. His even fell as low as 117 on two passes. I think it may have been pulling timing up top. I managed a 10.65 @ 128 and some change so I was off about .2 and 3mph. I can't wait for fall.

Ok, so Im not the only one. I was jamming ice in my intercooler reservior all night. The stock reservior sucks, after tonight I'm buying a bigger one.

mustang john

Established Member
i read all the guys going 11.40's and 11.50's on drag radials with ported upper and 2.76/2.8 pullies at pretty much full weight, and wonder why no one around here believes a terminator with a SRA swap, street/strip suspension, full slicks, ported, 2.76/4# will go into the 10's...:shrug:

Im almost there with the combo you listed and i have only speedshifted, I will have a 10 sec time slip once i grow a pair and start powershifting.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Ok, so Im not the only one. I was jamming ice in my intercooler reservior all night. The stock reservior sucks, after tonight I'm buying a bigger one.

A bigger one definately helps. The stocker sucks and this air sucks. I think my mph wasn't affected as much as his because I was lucky enough to roll right down in the lanes and didn't have to wait that long. He had to wait a couple of times and I'm sure his ice had melted. He ended up running a 11.40, but with low mph. This was his first time at the track though so I though he did pretty well. He whittled his times down over a second from his first pass.

mustang john

Established Member

Yeah, with a heaton ice is a must at the track if you wanna get everything you can out of it. Im upgrading mine for the second time, switching from a LFP to a Canton. Also get the added benifit of putting the battery in the trunk with the Canton.

Last edited:

Stinkapuss

Established Member
A bigger one definately helps. The stocker sucks and this air sucks. I think my mph wasn't affected as much as his because I was lucky enough to roll right down in the lanes and didn't have to wait that long. He had to wait a couple of times and I'm sure his ice had melted. He ended up running a 11.40, but with low mph. This was his first time at the track though so I though he did pretty well. He whittled his times down over a second from his first pass.

Yeah, the heat got the best of him. I was able to get to the line with the iat''s at 109 deg. 4th gear I was holding 128 deg and 21 degrees of timing.

I will be ordering a bigger reservior this week. I went through 2 bags of ice tonight.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Yeah, with a heaton ice is a must at the track if you wanna get everything you can out of it. Im upgrading mine for the second time, switching from a LFP to a Canton. Also get the added benifit of putting the battery in the trunk with the Canton.

The heaton, hahaha. Yeah that sucker gets hot quick. Any problems with the LFP?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yeah, the heat got the best of him. I was able to get to the line with the iat''s at 109 deg. 4th gear I was holding 128 deg and 21 degrees of timing.

I will be ordering a bigger reservior this week. I went through 2 bags of ice tonight.

Be prepared to bring more ice with the bigger reservior. We went through 2 coolers. I only made two passes as I was there for a grudge race that backed out on me. He ended up running my buddy with the KB car. The KB car made 5 passes though, so between 7 passes we went through 2 full coolers.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well went back to the track tonight. I've added a 4lb lower and ran 104 oct with a race map. Ran an 11.44@ 122. Granted it was 90 degrees outside but where is the top end? Dirty fuel filter maybe? On a couple of runs I hit 97.99 mph in the 1/8 and only end up with 121 up top.
That's actually pretty decent with the air we had last night Mo. REALLY tough to set PR's once the heat and humidity rolls in. How long a burnout did you do? When it's hot out like this, once you do your burnout, rev it up for your launch, and go through 1st and 2nd, that ole' roots supercharger is getting pretty "warm". And 3rd and 4th are going to suffer big time. You only gained 23 MPH on the big end and with our power levels, you should be gaining 27-30 MPH.

Yes, the LFP/PreFab style of IC box will help here if done correctly, but when it's hot out they're only delaying the inevitable. I've seen a couple of folks get decent success by going with the 5 gallon cells in the trunk and bypassing the heat exchanger. But that was with twin screws as well. They actually still have ice left in the cell when they get back to the pits.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey on another note look at the first design that True Forged had out on their IC boxes. I have one and it is huge! I had to grind away the aluminum shielf for my K&N FIPK 2 but that just goes to show how large it is. So ask Steve if he still has any left or not. He was going to start making them smaller so you better hurry. Oh and you can get a logo on there too.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Dwight, I did a good 5-8 sec burnout. My iat's were pretty good and I was only getting 21 degrees timing. I guess my 10's are going to have to wait til fall.

procs2v

Established Member
Thanks man, when are you coming back out?

Don't know yet still have not looked at the car yet so I don't know whats broke. When it get fixed I don't think I'll be racing it much. I can't afford to fix another problem right now, my baby is due in the next few weeks.

mustang john

Established Member
The heaton, hahaha. Yeah that sucker gets hot quick. Any problems with the LFP?

No problems at all with it, works great at the track im just going alittle bigger with the Canton. One thing i didnt like about the LFP was when you would drain it it would splash all over the ABS module and water would get every where, i put a different draincock in it so i could run a hose off it and drain it directly on the ground.

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
to the op that is some really good times! especially on nittos! How the heck did you get them to hook? I did at least a 6 sec burnout with mine and had the tire pressure at 16 psi! Must have been the track prep becuase they hooked good on the street so I have no idea...

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Thanks man, I know the nittos were heat cycled but I've been having some really good luck with this tires. Mostly due to track prep I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread