03 Cobra 11.48 @ 122

20stang02

Established Member
those numbers seem a bit low for a Stage IV port...maybe try getting it retuned or having someone else tune the car:shrug:

VAMPIR3

Established Member
those numbers seem a bit low for a Stage IV port...maybe try getting it retuned or having someone else tune the car:shrug:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing:dw: With a Stage IV port and supporting mods shouldn't you be over or right at 500 to the rear?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking the same thing:dw: With a Stage IV port and supporting mods shouldn't you be over or right at 500 to the rear?

Mine only made 483 last time on the dyno(dyno dynamics). Dyno numbers don't mean anything. They are all different and are only good as a tuning tool IMO. On a dynojet I will probably make over 500, but the track numbers tell the real story.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I really didnt think a mustang weighed that much. Maybe a new one but not a Cobra..
It can be deceptively hard to get the race weight down on these cars. With the coupes weighing 3,660, when you add 25 lbs for a 1/4 tank of gas, 12 lbs for subframe connectors, 3 lbs for an IRS brace and then an average driver weight of 200 lbs, you're at 3,900 lbs before even trying........

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yeah the OP's hp numbers are low. Even though the car is probably going to run 10's. LOL.

On the weight my car without passenger seat, front swaybar, rear seat bottom, and nothing in the trunk still weighs 3,840 with Bogart's on it and me in it. I weigh about 185 lbs.

Last edited:

KLYPH

Established Member
You need to do a little more research then.....
I knew GTs were slow with stock gearing for the hp they make but I really never thought of it. Its good to know they are such pigs. I drive a 240sx so im just bustin your balls Snerff snerff

Last edited:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i read all the guys going 11.40's and 11.50's on drag radials with ported upper and 2.76/2.8 pullies at pretty much full weight, and wonder why no one around here believes a terminator with a SRA swap, street/strip suspension, full slicks, ported, 2.76/4# will go into the 10's...:shrug:

Stinkapuss

Established Member
i read all the guys going 11.40's and 11.50's on drag radials with ported upper and 2.76/2.8 pullies at pretty much full weight, and wonder why no one around here believes a terminator with a SRA swap, street/strip suspension, full slicks, ported, 2.76/4# will go into the 10's...:shrug:

Properly driven I don't see why that's not possible. I'm going to try to do that with nittos.:D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I don't think it's an issue of no one believing it can happen, as much as it just doesn't happen that often. Nine fellas have run 10's with the basic combination you have discribed above that include a solid axle.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I don't think it's an issue of no one believing it can happen, as much as it just doesn't happen that often. Nine fellas have run 10's with the basic combination you have discribed above that include a solid axle.

Yep, and a few have done it on the irs too.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Well went back to the track tonight. I've added a 4lb lower and ran 104 oct with a race map. Ran an 11.44@ 122. Granted it was 90 degrees outside but where is the top end? Dirty fuel filter maybe? On a couple of runs I hit 97.99 mph in the 1/8 and only end up with 121 up top.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Well went back to the track tonight. I've added a 4lb lower and ran 104 oct with a race map. Ran an 11.44@ 122. Granted it was 90 degrees outside but where is the top end? Dirty fuel filter maybe? On a couple of runs I hit 97.99 mph in the 1/8 and only end up with 121 up top.

I don't know how bad your air was, but here it was nasty. 95 deg. with high humidity. My buddies 2.2 full weight KB car was trapping about what yours was. His even fell as low as 117 on two passes. I think it may have been pulling timing up top. I managed a 10.65 @ 128 and some change so I was off about .2 and 3mph. I can't wait for fall.

Users who are viewing this thread