03 Cobra Clutch Cable Problem? Quadrant?

Blowwn04

Established Member
Hello. This is my 3rd Terminator, 26k miles i've only put on about 1,000 since i purchased a month ago. Not sure of clutch neither was previous owner but has a aftermarket adjustable cable and microclick firewall adjuster and quadrant. All miles i've put on was 400 driving it home, our annual cruise night this past friday, and taking my gf's mom on a spirited ride with a couple pulls (only 30-105).

Anyway, What happened is i pulled it out to go see my grandparents which is about 3-4 miles away. I never get into boost or hard throttle until the thermostat reads in the middle and i know the car is warmed up. once it was warm i did a half throttle pull from second up to 45mph then shifted until i was in 5th cruising. When i was approaching a red light i down shifted from 2nd into neutral rolling and when it came time to take off again I couldnt get it to go in any gear to save my life. Every gear felt as if it were "locked out". i rolled into a parking lot, tried modulating the clutch only to hear a loud bang as if someone dumped the clutch. After that i adjusted the quadrant far in, (it was pretty far out when i purchased it, clutch grabbing at top) and then there was a "dead pedal" feel. It would stall in neutral as soon as you let the clutch past the friction point. Once i tightened the quadrant back to where it was and pulled up on the clutch pedal and depressed down several times it moved forward in Reverse, the reversed like it should and i drove it home.
If anyone knows what could've caused this I'd greatly appreciate it. My thought was maybe the cable stretched but the quadrant looks about where it was before. Just wanna have some idea so i can fix before it happens again and i cant repair it just by adjusting the quadrant/firewall adjuster.
thanks, Shane G.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would pull trans and see whats up..

I recall an issue at track with mine..

stock every thing..lost pedal...than it came back..

was a broken bearing retainer. .

Blowwn04

Established Member
I thought of that but other than the clutch not doing anything i didnt get a dead pedal until i adjusted the firewall clicker in a ways, the when i did it the opposite way to tighten the cable and pulled up and down on the pedal a couple times it drove fine to get home. I've also taken it around the block twice past couple days and feels like it used to really strange.

BLKMAMBA04

Established Member
I agree with hotcobra03 I would pull it, I had a similar situation a while back. I had swapped out my cable for a new adjustable one an it didn't fix it so I pulled the clutch and tranny and found out my pilot bearing had came apart. Very similar situation though.

Users who are viewing this thread