'03 Cobra eBay front bumper cover

apollo7

Established Member
Before I got the lip of my driveway fixed, I continually smashed the front bumper and chin spoiler off of it after lowering the car. Bumper finally cracked. Rather than spend >$500 on a new bumper and paint I got one off eBay for $279 painted and shipped. Sounds too good to be true. Well, installed it yesterday and I'd say it is a solid A-/B+. I'm really happy with it for the price and considering I drive the car as it is not a $20 million dollar Ferrari.

Just FYI in case anyone was considering going this route.

IMG_2076.JPG

2001GTCraig

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a pre painted one off eBay and returned it. Maybe it depends on the color, but redfire didn't match well. Mine cost around 375.00.

IMAG0881_zpsyc2iipvb.jpg

IMAG0882_zps5tiioqau.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a brand new oem chin spoiler tucked away. I see people on eBay now asking 530.00 for them!

KEVINS

Established Member
Thanks for posting. I just ordered a black one for my car. I wish I knew about this a month ago so I can have it for the car show this weekend but if it looks as good as you say I'll be happy.

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
Update:
I received my painted cover yesterday which was faster than I thought (took one week to arrive). It's covered in powder to prevent the plastic from scratching it and I never got to clean this off. Upon first inspection the top of the bumper cover has a nice smooth painted finish (black) but the sides have really rough orange peel. Also, on the one side of the bumper you can plainly see the mold parting line and on the other side, if you look kinda close, it looks like they got too carried away removing the parting line from the mold.

They pride themselves in suppling great quality parts and I will certainly give them a chance to live up to their standard so I will return it and hope they can send a better one. If they don't think they can provide me with a quality one or if the second one doesn't past mustard then I'll return it too.

Crossing my fingers.
ks

apollo7

Established Member
@KEVINS hopefully you don't think I steered you wrong. From your description of the bumper, it sounds like a B/B+ paint job. I think the purpose of my post was to say that the item on eBay was value for the money. My front bumper is going to catch a rock chip or a parking curb, so I didn't care about it being perfect.

Hopefully the dude on eBay will make it right for you.

Joe

KEVINS

Established Member
@KEVINS hopefully you don't think I steered you wrong. From your description of the bumper, it sounds like a B/B+ paint job. I think the purpose of my post was to say that the item on eBay was value for the money. My front bumper is going to catch a rock chip or a parking curb, so I didn't care about it being perfect.

Hopefully the dude on eBay will make it right for you.

Joe

Not at all Joe.
I was hoping to receive something that was factory quality with some minor issues in the paint (dirt, etc) but I would give the paint job a C+ and the actual plastic part a C- due to the mold lines right on the side of the bumper... black shows flaws easier. Maybe I received a bad version of what they can do or maybe this is an average part I dunno.

I actually have a Cobra bumper on my car and there is no mold parting line on the side of the bumper. A buddy looked at it and thinks that I wouldn't be happy with a replacement part so I'm just going to return it and get a refund.

I do agree with you that for the $$ this is a real good deal and others should investigate their products and make up their own mind.

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
I was thanked for my honesty and was issued a full refund, No issues!

ks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought a pre painted one off eBay and returned it. Maybe it depends on the color, but redfire didn't match well. Mine cost around 375.00.

IMAG0881_zpsyc2iipvb.jpg

IMAG0882_zps5tiioqau.jpg
Yeah, I can totally understand why some colors won't match well enough. No different really from sending a door out to be painted and hoping the door will match your body when you get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread