03 Cobra FAQ, was: Parts they wont tell us about

Evilcartman

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
I was just talking to the Sr. Administrator about a '03 FAQ...:-D

I'll make this sticky so everyone can respond with "facts".

Most common modification: Silencer removal (see postban's sig) with "high-flow" filter :-D

I highly suggest going with a cold air or a FIPK. I removed the silencer and it helped a little. But when I installed the FIPK it really woke up the car. The blower is a lot louder (A plus I like) and it pulls stronger. I had to order one for a '01 Cobra, but it works perfect.

I should be getting my cold air tonight ($375 custom made from alum) and I will be trying to sell my FIPK if anyone is interested. I still have the box and about 500 miles on the kit. It will look like new when you get it. I'm not getting ride of it because it doesn't work, I just want to experiment with the cold air.

Otherwise you can just order the kit from K&N for a '01 Cobra.

MORTGAGEMAN

Established Member
do you have any pictures of the grill snake and the hood liner mods- where did you get them from??

Evilcartman

Established Member
The snake I got from a place in the new 5.0 mag. They are all the same. It's about $30. Go to my website and look in '03 cobra/mods for pictures of the snake and hoodliner mod. All I did was remove and cut the hoodliner, stapled the edges to compress it, sprayed the freshly cut area with rubberizing under coating and paint it flat black. Then I cut the flaps off. It's easy and should not take more than an hour.

'03GrayGhost

JDM Pulley

Evilcartman ,

I was wondering about the JDM pulley in your sig. Is that an upper pulley? Has anyone used a lower pulley yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
just recieved word from john demolet who makes the densecharger. Their prototype worked great on the 03 cobra and they are being made right now. Check back.. Its clearly the best CAI for the mustang.. And it looks like a cobra with taht carbon fibre.. Plus.. its not that gaudy run of the mill chrome crap.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
NGK TR6 spark plugs = (NGK part #) 4177

Last edited:

Evilcartman

Established Member
Re: JDM Pulley

Originally posted by '03GreyGhost
Evilcartman ,

I was wondering about the JDM pulley in you sig. Is that an upper pulley? Has anyone used a lower pulley yet?

I don't have the lower pulley yet. JDM is suppose to have it available soon. I'm about to install the upper for now because I can use a stock Lightning one and it looks like it's stock and I don't have to worry about warrentee voiding, I hope. Kyle Kent at the House of Speed here in Houston is suppose to do the install Sept. 7 along with burning me a chip.

5.0GTCONV

Hey, wuz up guys?! I've got a few mod q's.
Is anyone gonna add Nitrous?
What's the best boost option as far as pullies?
Is there a upgrade trunk mounted tank for the intercooler so you can add ice and keep it cooler?
Did anyone get the Mach 1000 stereo system?
Is anyone gonna upgrade to a 2000 cobra r hood, bumper and or spoiler?
What's your monthly payments rounded to the nearest $100?
Did anyone get it for MSRP or close to it?
Is anyone gonna upgrade the s/c for the Kenne Bell direct bolt on replacement for more boost options and bigger intercooler options?
Am I asking way too many q's?
Is this even the right place to ask them?
No, I'm not an idiot, I'm just new.

I ask all this b/c I WANT to buy one, but want to wait and see if the $35,000+ is worth it. So let me know! I want to get Cobra-ized!!

5.0GTCONV

NO!

Originally posted by '03GreyGhost

I have a question. Are you planning on selling your GT?
Nope. I can't. My sister just wreched on I-10 today! She rearended a Suburban going 40mph. She busted her head open on the steering wheel, and the whole front end is messed up. I just got it working last week. I replaced radiator, fan, fuel system, trans, and fog lights. And now, I got to either sell it for scraps or try to fix it. It looks like there's frame damage and the engine looks kinda crooked. I had to jump on top of the hood to get it to lay down so I could tow it. So, all I have left now is my 98 Dodge Ram. It looks like I'll be shopping for a Cobra as soon as I sell my GT. I wanted to own three cars, so I guess after the Cobra's payed off, I'll look into a Lightning and sell my Ram.
Man, shit sure happens to me a lot!:cryying:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. What about insurance? Im sure that pays nicely.. Stupid girls.. Just be happy she didnt wreck herself. I dont think i can find a 2003 sister at any ford dealer..

Actually. there is one at my local svt dealership, the wretched bastard is selling his mother for markup.. :D jk.. Ur gonna love this cobra. Completely different beast. But this is a FAQ and we cant carry a conversation on.

But this thread kicks ass.. Where do I search for the floormats. www.fordracing.com never has it when i type in that # on the search.. I'll just call my local dealer.

DLN1223

Established Member
Originally posted by 5.0GTCONV
Hey, wuz up guys?! I've got a few mod q's.
Is anyone gonna add Nitrous?
What's the best boost option as far as pullies?
Is there a upgrade trunk mounted tank for the intercooler so you can add ice and keep it cooler?
Did anyone get the Mach 1000 stereo system?
Is anyone gonna upgrade to a 2000 cobra r hood, bumper and or spoiler?
What's your monthly payments rounded to the nearest $100?
Did anyone get it for MSRP or close to it?
Is anyone gonna upgrade the s/c for the Kenne Bell direct bolt on replacement for more boost options and bigger intercooler options?
Am I asking way too many q's?
Is this even the right place to ask them?
No, I'm not an idiot, I'm just new.

I ask all this b/c I WANT to buy one, but want to wait and see if the $35,000+ is worth it. So let me know! I want to get Cobra-ized!!
Monthly payment $500, I ordered mine at A plan paid 31k for it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Re: Parts they wont tell us about

Originally posted by i8u
I just thought it might be a good idea for people to put parts that work and bolt on to the 03 cobra. Please give the part number w/ it.
I heard people have used K$N 0945?
what about a densecharger part number?
Other cold air kits
Exhaust?
pulleys?

What Holley air filter fits?

You can call JDM. They sell it all. :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
But this thread kicks ass.. Where do I search for the floormats. I'll just call my local dealer.
I just got mine, killer embroidered snake and red COBRA letters, stock '01, carpet matches perfectly. Set of four (plain rears); $58, local dealer:

Ford part # 1R3Z-6313300 BAB

Makes our stock ones look pretty pathetic :-D

Robb03

Established Member
I want to put the lightning pulley on my 03. Where do I get the pulley/belt, and how long (and what is involved) with switching it out?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Robb03
I want to put the lightning pulley on my 03. Where do I get the pulley/belt, and how long (and what is involved) with switching it out?

Call JDM and they will set you up. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread