03' COBRA for sale in OH

Dave01GT

Established Member
what did you find on car fax or whatever site you used?
I know this car had a lot of work done to it but I have all the paper work documenting the the repairs. off the top of my head I can remember the car needed the the heads replaced do to a head tick and the drivers seat needed replaced. Im not trying to pull a fast one on any body I have had this car since 09' and the only thing that went wrong was I needed to replace the rear diff witch is quite a common problem on these IRS cars. I am being completely open please share what you have found.

It says the car was a lemon law and issued a Lemon Title (Shows up as a Title Problem Salvage). It was probably due to the head tick and replacement more than once. It was in a minor side collision, but not the reason for any title problems.

duomaxwell

Established Member
ok so I got a car fax. I was wrong about the number of owners there were 7 including my self. it seems the car was rear ended and slight damage was reported in 06'. The first time it was bought was in California wear at 14,401 miles the car had the Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Body computer/module checked
Ignition system checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
Brakes checked
Two wheel alignment performed
Tires rotated
Front door latch replaced
Electrical
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Steering/suspension checked
Front strut/shocks checked
Washed/detailed

then at 21,925 miles the car was had Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Engine compression checked
Ignition system checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
Electrical
Brakes checked
Washed/detailed

then at 24,780 miles the car had Body electrical system checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Front strut/shocks checked
Electrical
Seatbelt assembly replaced
Seat assembly replaced
Front seat recliner replaced

then at 29,101 miles it had Tires rotated
Drivability/performance checked
Instrument panel repaired
Seatbelt assembly replaced
Seat assembly replaced
Maintenance inspection completed
Transmission fluid changed

then in 05' at 35,668 miles the car was bought back by ford because the car had gone in for service so many times for powertrain issues. carfaxx was not specific in why the car was bought back but I think its pretty clear as to why.
I also called up the previous owner (who belongs to svtp) and asked him about all the carfaxx statements he said the car ran fine for him and that any one with any doubt should pm him, his name on SVTP is crazydave01.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
It says the car was a lemon law and issued a Lemon Title (Shows up as a Title Problem Salvage). It was probably due to the head tick and replacement more than once. It was in a minor side collision, but not the reason for any title problems.

I dont think that the head tick would cause it to be a Lemon law. there is a TSB for that. the carfax shows a lot of electrical service done.

to the OP, I responded to your pm, and I would call your local dealership give them the vin and ask for a vehicle history respond for everything its had done under warranty and why it was lemon lawed

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Oasis

I provided Nick with the Oasis report from Ford when he purchased it from me. It explains everything the car was serviced for. They were what I stated above. Im sure Nick still has a copy of that report I gave him and he can share all the info about the car.

The report showed the following:

Head tick
Clutch replacement
Drivers lumbar not functioning , multiple times
Driveability issues multiple times
Drivers side carpet hook torn

That is all I remember, I cant find the report I had.

Serious buyers will look at the link I posted above and check with the two previous owners before me and see what they thought of the car when they owned it. So of the 7 owners a serious buyer can now contact the last 4 owners. I think that would put anybodys mind to rest about the driveability and reliability of this Cobra.

If a person doesnt want to do the research then dont bother flaming the post with nonsense. The fact is if the car didnt have the lemon history it would be worth a few thousand more than the asking price. The car runs and drives flawlessly looks fantastic and at 15K it is priced low even for a branded title.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
The report showed the following:

Head tick
Clutch replacement
Drivers lumbar not functioning , multiple times
Driveability issues multiple times
Drivers side carpet hook torn

rear end noise- rebuild rear end
that plus abs coming on under normal breaking, throttle sticks, drivers lumbar broken about 6 times. drivers seat track loose, drivers seat belt will not retract,
tick noise was head tick- 4-05
after driven and fully warm wont restart- new throttel body

buyback was bacause of the drivers seat and noises from the drivetrain.
nov 22-05 was the buyback date

new owner- missippi
clutch grinds- replaced clutch assembly
left front window inop- replaced motor

new owner- wisconson
06S43 recall april 08

after that looks like it never saw the ford dealer again. looks like a overly anal 1st owner and the head tick were just enough to get ford to buy back it

Last edited:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I had this car a while ago not sure which owner. I never had any problems out of it. I do know that the owner that had it after me only sold it to get a lotis. I would have bought it back but i want a 04 mystic now that i am done with school. Good price

duomaxwell

Established Member
so a few ppl have emailed or pmd me there numbers because they want to come to Columbus to see/drive the car. No one has responded and it has been multiple days. Ltd10th03cobra get in tuch with me this week so we can set something up for after Easter.

mpmcallister

Your Car

Is your car still available? If so, do you have an email or number I can reach you at? I know I sent you a visitor message, but I'm new to the forum so I'm not really sure how everything works yet. I'm just trying to get a hold of you. You can email me if you'd like at [email protected]. Thanks, Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread