03 Cobra IRS + Mach 1 = a big mess

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yeasure said:
I broke my Billetflow cover brace from doug.
It cracked right down the middle :poke: :burn: :pop:

I'm assuming it broke at the welds.....how long ago did you get it?

the very early ones were MIG-welded but then Doug switched to TIG for a better weld quality

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I thought the Billetflow brace included shipping in the price and the Steeda did not? This would make them come out to be about the same.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Come on now you know better then that, i don't think it's possible to break that brace......lmao
I was joking btw :poke: :banana:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yeasure said:
Come on now you know better then that, i don't think it's possible to break that brace......lmao

:lol: you got us!

had a feeling that was the case but then again, anything can happen once

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
I don't think Doug is laughing.
Doug may not laugh at it but honestly, anyone who has seen Dougs work(and anyone who helps him) knows it rocks.
If anyone is even wondering which to buy, it's easy buy the best on the market.......Billetflow.
Now flame away :burn:
Btw Doug, i don't think you'll even need that guarantee on that brace for the fact i don't think it will break(knock on wood).

Last edited:

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
I put one on my Tbird which uses the same rear end, and similar IRS. If some one had enough HP to break a Billetflow brace, I think the car would break in half first. :)

bird-brace.jpg

These are made much better than there imitators.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Like I said, Doug has a great product, I'm sure. I'm just in a very cost conscious mode right now as my job is uncertain. The Steeda with shipping was appro $25 less. MAybe not a lot but at the moment every penny I can save is important.

6 months ago I would have supported Doug, if for no other reason he has worked hard to improve our cars.

dougwg

Established Member
yeasure said:

:dw:

ohhh you little focker :bash: :lol: :lol: :rockon:

Venomous04

Established Member
I can also vouch for the brace, I broke my diff with 1000km on the car. I installed the brace and have put it through much worse and haven't had a single problem since. Best mod so far!!!

in case your all wondering why I have the Steeda IRS brackets it's because I bought it before knowing doug had one, I'm thinking of ditching the steeda for his since I haven't had a chance to install it yet :)

Marc.

Last edited:

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
dougwg said:
no need for the cover.... All you need is The BilletFlow IRS Brace ;-)

I finally got off of my arse and called my order in today. If I would have called a month ago I bet my diff. gasket would not be busted and leaking :bash:

MY DREAM

Established Member
predator said:
You can always get Doug to make you one of these! :-D

DSCF1061.JPG

I see that it has oil line that must lead to a rear diff fluid cooler, That does look pretty, Detials, Detials please.

James

silvrbullit04

Established Member
make sure to look and see that you did not mess anything else up when that happened. a friend of mine did that and messed up his whole drive train. that billetflow stuff is awesome! Also look into upgrading the irs half shafts, it will be well worth the money!

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
so doug what all parts do you mass produce for the irs? I have your diffrential brace and love it is the subframe brackets the only other thing you make?

SGL

Banned
JB said:
I'm assuming it broke at the welds.....how long ago did you get it?

the very early ones were MIG-welded but then Doug switched to TIG for a better weld quality

When I weld 1/4" stuff, the TIG welder is the last thing on my mind. You just can't get enough heat to obtain good weld penetration. The fused depth becomes questionable at best.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Just an update,
I was able to get the diff cover off without removing the axles. The diff will slide forward enough for the cover to clear the ring gear. Now I'm waiting on M.M to send a rear poly mount. I have the two front mounts in poly and think this is a good time to replace the last remaining rubber bushing in the IRS..

seanwr400

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
contact your vendor for technical support.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck there. I talked to those guys at Steeda ONCE, won't ever even bother to call those :smmon: again. Guy one the phone didn't know crap.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
man, im sorry to hear about the rear end. hell, i still owe you for coming and getting my that day. and thanks for the fuel rail pressure sensor. if there is any way i can help, dont hesitate to let me know. just an update, your rear end has now been narrowed, and filled with moser axles and a truetrac limited slip :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread