03 Cobra is gone, pics of new 09 Raven

r6bullet

Established Member
Well as the title says and some already know I sold my 03 cobra a little while ago. Even though I have read it from multiple people on here that they wish they never sold theirs I still did.... And I also wish I hadn't :bash: Anyways I wanted a C5 z06 real bad but after the cobra was gone I figured maybe I would get something a little cheaper and still lots of fun, plus a friend needed somebody to ride with (his bike is pictured also). So since the GTP grand prix was just not cutting it for me I ended up with this.. 2009 Yamaha Raven R6
I have always had dirt bikes and have riding those for over 13yrs so this one hell of a first street bike. I have been very careful with it, and have just over 520 miles on it now. Got it two weeks ago, and I must say I LOVE IT!!!!! :thumbsup: Its just amazing to me just how easy it is to get around on this thing, just gets up to speed without any issues whatsoever. Also I do not have any pictures of it within the past few days but the rear fender has been fixed, like all of the stock bikes the rear fender is a joke. Anyways here are some pics, also in the pictures is my friends 2009 R1. Both got them on the same day, must say that R1 is a bad machine as well. Crossplane crankshaft is flat out insane. Here are the pics :beer:

First off the car I sold
Cobra037copy.jpg

And my bike

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

TermySnake

Established Member
Damn your cobra look so good! it look exactly like mine(Same wheels, Same Stance). Why!? Why!?

BTW Nice Bike.

R1Lello

Established Member
Nice ride.........and hows the R1 owner like his ?? New R1 looks hasn't grown on me yet......do miss my 04 R1 though and have been looking around for a 2006-2008 Raven R1

Last edited:

novass72

Established Member
Nice ride.........and hows the R1 owner like his ?? New R1 looks hasn't grown on me yet......do miss my 04 R1 though and have been looking around for a 2006-2008 Raven R1

Someone could probably ask him if he ever got off of it. All he does is ride now! But I would too if I had one.

...I hate both of you!

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Nice bike man. I love the technology in the new R1, but I'm still not sold on the looks. I don't like the front end of it at all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i clicked open this thread just because i had no clue what so ever what a 09 Raven was. I know squat about bikes but it sure does look cool.

LOL! I did the very same thing. I'm like, what is a 2009 Raven. That's a cool bike.

OP, do you miss your Cobra? And just out of curiosity, what kind of gas mileage do you get with a bike like this?

Users who are viewing this thread