'03 Cobra Owners Poll......'05 Cobra or '03 Cobra?

03 Cobra owers....What will you do when the '05 Cobra comes out?

• Trade in my '03 Cobra for the '05 Cobra no matter what(I need the lastest greatest)

Votes: 61 13.6%
  • Keep my '03 Cobra unless the '05 has more horsepower & larger displacement

Votes: 137 30.5%
  • Keep my '03 Cobra no matter what ( I don't care much for the new design)

Votes: 164 36.5%
  • Keep the '03 and buy the '05 Cobra (two is better that one)

Votes: 89 19.8%

• Total voters

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'll reserve my feelings on the new cobra untill I see it, but I already like the look of the 05 mustang, so the Cobra can only be even more appealing to me. I

f the price does not shoot through the roof, the weight is reduced, and the paddle shifter installed, I'll pick an 07 in 06. You guys can have all the bugs that will come from the first year production:D

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
At first I was holding onto my '99 Cobra in the hopes to trade it on on an '06 Cobra, but I couldn't pass up a deal on my '03. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to wait for the second year of the new Cobras ('07 or '08?) to come out. I made the mistake of jumping on the new body styles and horsepower of the '99s and had to deal with all the problems and crappy craftsmanship that came with it. I think I'll wait for all (or at least most of) the problems to be worked out of the new Cobras, and then get a more polished Cobra the second model year.

I don't think there is any way that Ford would be able to downgrade the second model Cobra, so it's not like I'd HAVE to get the '06 in order to get the new engine (5.4L SC hopefully). I'll tough it out for an extra year or 2 and then be MUCH happier....

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Cobra
At first I was holding onto my '99 Cobra in the hopes to trade it on on an '06 Cobra, but I couldn't pass up a deal on my '03. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to wait for the second year of the new Cobras ('07 or '08?) to come out. I made the mistake of jumping on the new body styles and horsepower of the '99s and had to deal with all the problems and crappy craftsmanship that came with it. I think I'll wait for all (or at least most of) the problems to be worked out of the new Cobras, and then get a more polished Cobra the second model year.

I don't think there is any way that Ford would be able to downgrade the second model Cobra, so it's not like I'd HAVE to get the '06 in order to get the new engine (5.4L SC hopefully). I'll tough it out for an extra year or 2 and then be MUCH happier....

I agree.....gonna wait for the second year to come out. Planning on keeping my '03 though.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
how in the He(( is the new cobra gonna have a big motor/big hp if the GT is only(lol) gonna have 500. I think the GT owners would get extremely upset! imho and by gt i mean FORD GT! not mustang gt.

Mike

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
weight will allow the Ford GT to be top dog even if other fords get to use that exquisite engine. I'm worried about a botched up, hurried up, too narrow between the front upper control arms, mophadite lincoln LS/mustang. I'll probably buy an edge blower car, I know what they are and so does the after market. Now that said the suspension on the LS/ Tbird is amazing serious anti dive in the rear geometry.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If they don't get the '03 problems straightened out there may not be another Cobra. Ford might just say screw it.

akaeric

Established Member
The 2005 mustanges are going to be in a differant class price wise
they to be in the 40's and above That what my freind who own the one of the larges ford dealerships said they are going

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
The 2005 mustanges are going to be in a differant class price wise
they to be in the 40's and above That what my freind who own the one of the larges ford dealerships said they are going

If the Mustang GT is in the 40s it will be the death of the Mustang line, Its still a younger persons car and 40 grand puts it in a whole new class of competition....40's for the new Cobra or Shelby model maybe but not a GT..

Chameleon

Established Member
Mines a keeper. Even if it gets the dreaded tick (don't have it so far). If it does when the final fix comes out I'll have it done and so be it.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the 05 body style and don't like the interior at all. In all fairness though I haven't got a chance to see one in person so I'll reserve my final judgement until then.

No doubt that the 07 M.Y. Cobra will be a monster. Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension - speculation is running rampant, but I have no doubt that it will be a fast car.

I really like the Terminator body style. For me the 03/04s will always be the Terminator, even it the new Cobra is faster, the 03/04 set the performance mark that any new Cobra will have to exceed to be accepted. Ya gotta love that.

Anyway, just a newbie's perspective.

03Cobra745

The new Cobra has to have the same Bang For The Buck Factor as the '03. I got 400hp for $35K. So I would expect ~500hp for ~$45K.

KOOY

Established Member
I haven't heard too much on the new 06'. But I don't think that the new cobra will have a big difference on power output from the 03. Since the 06' will have the new designs in many ways, I think Ford will keep the output range for a couple of years and then add more power later to boost the sale.
If 03 owners trade in 03s for the new ones, maybe it will affect the resale value of 03's, which is bad for the future of svt vehicles' market... I think...

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
Next Cobra

It is probably important to these discussions to note that the next Cobra will not go into production until June of 06 as an 07 model.

William

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Think about it. Why not save money and wait untill June 2007 because the 2008 model will be the SVT Cobra's 15th anniversary, correct? Maybe Ford/SVT will do something special for the 15th.:)

Formula51

Established Member
The new Cobra will have 500hp and will cost 45k. Its release will be 07/08' such that the performance and somewhat budget oriented 03/04' owner will already have his car near or above 500hp and will be happy to keep it. Those that have to have the latest and greatest will happily buy it, keeping 03/04' resale value up and selling enough 07/08's.

You heard it here first folks.

No seriously though, I believe this to be very close, it make the most sense from a Ford marketing standpoint. And one thing they do good is their marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread