'03 Cobra Owners Poll......'05 Cobra or '03 Cobra?

03 Cobra owers....What will you do when the '05 Cobra comes out?

• Trade in my '03 Cobra for the '05 Cobra no matter what(I need the lastest greatest)

Votes: 61 13.6%
  • Keep my '03 Cobra unless the '05 has more horsepower & larger displacement

Votes: 137 30.5%
  • Keep my '03 Cobra no matter what ( I don't care much for the new design)

Votes: 164 36.5%
  • Keep the '03 and buy the '05 Cobra (two is better that one)

Votes: 89 19.8%

• Total voters

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I was going to fix the suspension on my '03. I have decided to wait and see what the '05 offers and then just trade up for a better suspension - and get a nicer interior and stiffer chassis to boot. Not to mention the new body is beuoootiful.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
We already have a 2000 Saleen looked at anther one the are great price when they sit on a lot for a year they want to move them. So we decided to go the 03 Cobra 10th aniv because of the collectability soely well and fast to ok. The SVT is for 06 and you all know if they arnt ready SVT will not make it so plan on a 07. Still we decided to order a 03 comvert 10th aniv for the collecter reason.

sonicbullet

Established Member
Right now I have my 93 and 03's in the garage, when the new one comes out I will have my three car garage and there you go one bad ass garage.

Will always charish the 93 the most....

roushcobra2003

Established Member
I would trade in my mustang for a nice 05 cobra. But has anybody seen the 05 cobra all i have been seeing is the 05 gt concept and that has a supercharger.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Wont see a Cobra until 06... Concept Cobras... I have no idea when we'll start seeing em. At this point (been a few months since iv posted on this thread) Its going to come down to how quick my 03 Cobra is come 2006. Also a fear of mine is that the Cobra is going to start straying from the path of muscle car to sports car... That would be awsome, but I wouldnt want to give my 03 up if it means its going to be the last of the Muscle/Pony car Cobras before it hops the class tracks.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I agree the 06 will, or atleast should, be more stablethan the current Cobra atleast as far as suspension is concerned... Im just saying newer isnt always necisarily better and im trying to give examples of that comparing other cars from passed decades.

only thing that would make the 06 Cobra bad-a$$, would be for SVT to put in the V-10 427 w/ a SC!

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Secretly all of us 03 owners (at least the ones who can't easily afford to upgrade cars every few years) are hoping that the SVT plant will explode, and they won't come out with a newer/better/faster cobra for several years to come. Then we can enjoy the ones we have for as long as possible, and mod the hell out of them.

I do love the looks of the 05 concepts though - think you will be able to fit anything more than a duffle bag in the back seat?

03CobraBro

Established Member
I know alot of family men and women on here wouldnt like the sound of this, but I think the 06 Cobra's should come in a 2 seater... maybe have a 2+2 as an option. The base model and the Mustang GT would come standard with back seats.

Without the backseats im sure we'd be looking anywhere from 50 to 100lbs less than what they plan on making it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. So far approximately 64% say they'll keep their '03 Cobras (assuming the '06 has the same engine). I still say Ford is making a mistake with this "retro-look" design. They should have designed an edgy, modern design that will appeal to the masses. The T-Bird hasn't met Ford's sales expectations, and it will be interesting to see how the new Chevy SSR does -- another retro-look design. As for me, I'm one of the 64% that will keep my '03!
:)

Tweaker

Established Member
CobraBob: You either like J. Mays leadership or not. He did the new VW bug, T-Bird, and '05 Mustang. I think the T-Bird failed, I'd much rather own the original. We shall see for the new Mustang...

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Hmmm. So far approximately 64% say they'll keep their '03 Cobras (assuming the '06 has the same engine). I still say Ford is making a mistake with this "retro-look" design. They should have designed an edgy, modern design that will appeal to the masses. The T-Bird hasn't met Ford's sales expectations, and it will be interesting to see how the new Chevy SSR does -- another retro-look design. As for me, I'm one of the 64% that will keep my '03!
:)

But the retro design T-Bird is ugly... plus I don't think too many people are in the market to buy that type of car... On the other hand the retro design Mustang looks awesome... plus the market for that type of car is huge! I may sell my '01 and buy an '06

bunk22

Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of 99+ Mustangs exterior looks. However, I do love the 03 Cobra's engine, that's why I bought mine. As long as the 06 Cobra has at least the same engine capabilites (hp/tq) with the ability to mod, it's going in my garage. I like what I've seen so far from the silver hardtop concept mustang.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Tweaker
CobraBob: You either like J. Mays leadership or not. He did the new VW bug, T-Bird, and '05 Mustang. I think the T-Bird failed, I'd much rather own the original. We shall see for the new Mustang...

I dont necisarily think the T-bird failed due to its looks alone... I think some of it had to do with the fact the thing cost more than a Vette, and offered less.

What was kind of strange, the night I bought my Cobra, was how the window sticker on the Cobra was 34,7 then I walk over to the T-bird on the other side of the show room, and it has a sticker of 40+ thousand... It offers 2 less seats, it weighs nearly as much if not more than the Cobra does, and it didnt do anything remotely close to what someone would define as performance.

If Ford really wanted to stir things up with the T-bird (like I mentioned on another thread) since they brought it back retro to the mid 50's T... They should have brought it out to compete with the Vette as it did back during that time period. If they would have done that it might still be around, at that point all they would have to worry about is getting it to look better.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Ah my First post. Im over alot at stangnet and corral, but id thought id share some hype on the subject since it hasnt been mentioned yet. over at SN, there is a guy who goes by the name of BamaGT. He seems to know alot about the 05 and 06 models. From whatI gather from him, like stated...there will be no 05 cobra, just an 06. But the 06' is going to have huge HP numbers, like were talking 500 to the motor. To compete with the new vettes. Of cousre there just rumors, but this guy seems to know what hes talking about. But in any case ::Flame suit on::

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Doubt ill trade on a 06, its going to be much more expensive I expect coming from some of the rumors, and if its like 450hp rated from factory I wont be willing to pay that kind of $$ for insurance.

Btw I don't know why everyone assumes the car is going to be much lighter, theres really no evidence at all for that.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
No doubt the new cobra will have a different computer harder to tamper with etc. etc. so for now will wait and see besides haven't had enough fun with the 2003 yet.

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by Superfly
First, there will not be a Cobra in '05. They will debut in '06, so you guys with '03s have time to enjoy your cars before you have to make that decision. Second, it will be a vastly improved car overall. New frame which is much stronger than the current Fox platform. Last I heard they are going to use the same engine as the 03 Cobra, but plenty of time for them to change that. I hope they go to 5.0 mod motor with a S/C.:D Dreaming a little here!

Manufactures debut cars usually starting the Fall before, so the 06 Cobra will be hitting the streets sometime in late 05.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread