03 Cobra tuners in DFW area?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
i'm not trying to choose sides here but to say that their customer satisfaction is 100% would be unfair and untrue. no shop can say that and his experience may have been different than yours, he posted his experience with HPP in a thread that asked for opinions, how that is uncalled for i don't quite understand? that being said, i like HPP and the work they have done for me has been great.
Nice to see that some people are open minded..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
juiced35th said:
Oh so they haven't changed names or moved? That's all I stated. Just the facts. If the truth hurts don't read it.
Nope Gearheads hasn't ever changed names or moved.. They are in the same place with the same name since Travis Started the Co.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
juiced35th said:
I never said 100% I just said they're the best.
You never said best at what Either??? That is just too wide open for me.. It sure isn't putting headers on, I know that first hand..

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Agreed.. Post your experiences and move on.. if anything, arguing about crap spreads the wrong idea. This thread has gone to the shitter.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
because the guy asked for opinions.
Exactly.. The Thread starter asked for it so he gave it to him..

foofinator said:
Agreed.. Post your experiences and move on.. if anything, arguing about crap spreads the wrong idea. This thread has gone to the shitter.
I wouldn't say gone but on the way there..

Last edited:

blownaltered

Established Member
I just had work done at gearheads a couple weeks ago, best customer service I have ever had. Hell of alot better than the other shops in dallas. Also Travis might have his sct stuff by now, he was expecting it any day a couple weeks ago. Give him a call, I would go there if it was my car.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
HPP in DFW, PSI in San Antonio, or buy a Pro Racer Package/Wideband and street tune it yourself...

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I'm just gonna stick with my first choice HPP and let them do the work. Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure just an upper pulley swap and dyno tune is cake for them or most any other tuner in the DFW area.

:beer:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Nope Gearheads hasn't ever changed names or moved.. They are in the same place with the same name since Travis Started the Co.

I believe the truth is they use to be a different name, called Texas High Performance, I went there about 8-9 years ago before there was even HPP, and they put NOS on my Yellow 94 gt coupe, Travis seemed pretty cool from my dealings with him, never had a problem with NOS on my car, Travis sold the company, then it went under got out of the business for a while, then he reopened Gearheads. Im personally biased to HPP, because of the great work they have done on my car, Im not a swinger, nor have had a problem with either shop, I just think when it comes to turbos and motors, Manny knows it best, they have done nothing but great work on my last two mustangs, built one of the fastest HP kits, with zero problems with the turbo, kit or any tuning problems. They have a good tuner in Manny, you can see my sig. link to the pictures attached of all the great work done to my motor and turbo kit, thats all just my .02 cents, it doesnt even matter to me how long my car has been there either, they do kickass work and it shows very well.

Eric

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
dan03mach said:
I don't know.. I talked to Jeremy a couple of weeks ago, but we didn't get into what he is doing now..

It is a bunch of crap Dan, let it go jeremy did work on the side and helped with a header install on your car, it had nothing to do with any of the work HPP did.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Not Killing Thread, Just giving what the thread starter asked for, "Options of other Shops that are good at tuning" The two main tuners that use to be at HPP have left. Jeremy and James.. Manny is the one tunning cars now, I'm sure he can tune cars, but I haven't ever had any experiance with his tunes... When I use to go there Jeremy was the one always doing the tunes and he was the one that tuned their race car, back in the days..
Why did Jeremy and James leave? James did a great job tuning my car last time.

fordracing19

Established Member
newbreed77 said:
Why did Jeremy and James leave? James did a great job tuning my car last time.
Not sure about James. Ozzie ran Jeremy off. Jeremy is now managing a Firestone . I am sure Travis had a "no compete clause" when he sold his old shop and that is why he hasnt owned one in a few years.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
It is a bunch of crap Dan, let it go jeremy did work on the side and helped with a header install on your car, it had nothing to do with any of the work HPP did.
Don't talk about stuff you don't know about E. I really don't want to get into it.. I can only let it go when I hear Ozzie Apologize to me for calling me a liar when I'm not, and telling people I did stuff when I never did... Those are two things I can not stand.. Someone telling people I did something when I didn't, and calling me a liar when I'm not.. Anything else I can care less about..

Users who are viewing this thread