03 cobra vs. 03 Z06

badzinc03

Established Member
So i was driving down the road MMOB when i come to a stoplight and a silver z06 pulls next to me. He states the he owns mustangs and he will put me on his list if i would like. So I agree and when take off on green, i have him 2 cars up to 120 where he let off. Im sure he would of caught me top end because of my 4.10 gears but i was pleased for beating a 50k corvette with corsa exhaust with my cobra with an intake, slp c/b and 4.10 gears Also the 315 nittos on the back help out with those digs :rockon:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Very nice kill, quick question for ya, how do ya like those gears? I hear some people say that after upping the boost the gears are too steep, but how are they with the stock pulley? Worth the money, thanks man.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I went to autozone to pick up a few cleaner/wax products prepping for the car show this weekend and as I was turning right I looked across the street and saw a 02-03ish Z06 and a GTO pull up next to it. I would've traded my pinky to be lined up in the 3rd spot but things just didnt fall my way.

Oh well, Good kill.

ChrisUlrich

Metallica
Established Member
badzinc03 said:
Im sure he would of caught me top end because of my 4.10 gears QUOTE]

Why would you say that? Your car will pull harder all the way to it's top speed... you would have to be doing like 160 with 4:11s right? By then I hope he would catch up... you can't go any faster!

mustangbee

Established Member
:rockon: thats awesome...my friend has a stock 04 Z and he owns me constantly AND i put down 420rwhp...we've switched drivers and everything...same outcome..anything can happen on street right

StangJason

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Nice run...I have a different outcome with my Cobra with our own Z06 :(

Oddly enough not all 03/04 Cobra are created equally...btw I lost 20rwhp because of my plugs getting blown out on the dyno so make sure your plugs and tune are good.

Oh and to the poster nice kill.

Quik Z06

Established Member
StangJason said:
Oddly enough not all 03/04 Cobra are created equally...btw I lost 20rwhp because of my plugs getting blown out on the dyno so make sure your plugs and tune are good.

Oh and to the poster nice kill.

I totally understand that but my car dyno'd at 370 whp stock. my plugs are brand new as well :) Only thing is maybe its just too much heat with the 2.8 upper and 4# lower :shrug:

BM1

Established Member
badzinc03 said:
So i was driving down the road MMOB when i come to a stoplight and a silver z06 pulls next to me. He states the he owns mustangs and he will put me on his list if i would like.

Who does that? I can't believe people pull up to strangers and say shit like that. I'm glad you beat him. He probably doesn't run his mouth as much anymore.

Last edited:

camaross85

Established Member
that has to be the fastest cobra ever. my friends 03 cobra with intake and catback cant even get close to my z06 last time i race him i put like 3 car on him. but oh well different driver different results nice kill :)

badzinc03

Established Member
the 4.10's made a HUGE difference and i love them...to camaross maybe the guy just sucked at driving because he was spinning the tires offf the line a lot...o well a W is a W...maybe it is the fastest cobra ever haha

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
camaross85 said:
that has to be the fastest cobra ever. my friends 03 cobra with intake and catback cant even get close to my z06 last time i race him i put like 3 car on him. but oh well different driver different results nice kill :)

LOL, I've spanked a black modded z06 when I was stock. We raced to 130, and I was STILLLL pulling on him. I think by 130, I was at a car and gaining some lengths.......

Good kill man! :thumbsup:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Good kill man. The gears do make a huge difference, I opted for 4:30's in my solid, with a 2.76 upper. Don't fear the gear...

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
camaross85 said:

:shrug: Why do all these people think the ZO6 is faster than a cobra??? I have beaten 2 seperate C5 ZO6s with my current setup! Ive just got a GT. The first Z was from a dig until 70mph and I pulled a car on it......The second one had headers and I had a half of a car on him from 60-145mph...... :coolman:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
:shrug: Why do all these people think the ZO6 is faster than a cobra??? I

Because stock for stock it is :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread