'03 Cobra vs '05 C6

bunk22

Established Member
CPViolation said:
You have to install cams, I don't

:shrug: What does that mean? Number one, we have a cam, you have cams. Number two, there are 500+rwhp C6Z's with just long-tubes, cai and tunes. With either car, mods have to be made to make more power. So, did you spend another $30k on mods to your car?

03blwn281

Got 500rwhp?
Established Member
Alright guys I drive a C-6 for work(CORSA PERFORMANCE) and I tell you what my COBRA when I had a CAI and EXHAUST would smoke the hell out of my 2005 C-6. Traction control on or off i don't care... Not to mention the Cobra ran a 12.9. Talk what you want.....Its funny that all the Chevy guys are in the SVT BOARDS talking smack!

bunk22

Established Member
03blwn281 said:
Alright guys I drive a C-6 for work(CORSA PERFORMANCE) and I tell you what my COBRA when I had a CAI and EXHAUST would smoke the hell out of my 2005 C-6. Traction control on or off i don't care... Not to mention the Cobra ran a 12.9. Talk what you want.....Its funny that all the Chevy guys are in the SVT BOARDS talking smack!

I've got a Corsa cat-back on my C6. Good exhaust IMO, sounds great. Didn't do dick for performance but it looks nice and sounds nice. I don't know, I had an 03 Cobra as well with just those mods. I say advantage 03 Cobra but smoke? I guess it depends on what smoke equals......buslengths from a roll? A second quicker in the 1/4 mile?

03blwn281

Got 500rwhp?
Established Member

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
bunk22 said:
I've got a Corsa cat-back on my C6. Good exhaust IMO, sounds great. Didn't do dick for performance but it looks nice and sounds nice. I don't know, I had an 03 Cobra as well with just those mods. I say advantage 03 Cobra but smoke? I guess it depends on what smoke equals......buslengths from a roll? A second quicker in the 1/4 mile?

A second quicker in the 1/4 mile would be bigger then a buslength, right? at 110-120 mph a buslength could be traveled in miliseconds.

svt99rag

Established Member
the C6 I ran has a magnaflow exhaust, here is the car with mine and a friends GTS
DSC00220.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

Last edited:

C6 Z06

Established Member
03blwn281 said:

Why don't I know you. Do you own the 2005 C6? If I remember correct, they(Corsa) only owned one C6 and now it's gone. If you work there you should know me or my C6 Z. Not doubting you, but just curious. If you're not Blake (Ed) or Jeff, who are you? :beer:

C6 Vette

Established Member
03blwn281 said:

was it a A4? yes a four speed on the C6's are slower...I thought we were over this thread.....Well I'm not going to contribute to this mayhem.

I will add one point and I'm done.......Most ppl have attested in here that a CAI/Catback Terminator dyno's around 400whp give or take 10hp either way (and I will NOT dispute that)...Now your car has about 500lbs of extra weight plus a disadvantage as far as drag-coefficientcy goes.............Ass dyno's are not reliable and by the reading of your post this is how you came to your conclusion.......What is your definition of getting smoked? My definition is getting beat by a couple bus lengths or by at least 5-6 car lengths....and IMO your car with those mods would never put that much on a C6 if the driver is competant..............I'm finished with my rant.......You guys may continue..:D

dontmockthemach

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
I've got 3, so pick one and lets do it! :-D

Is all that really necessary?:shrug: You should probably send a truck to my house with one of those, that is too many corvettes. PM me for details of my address:D

Sweet lineup btw

C6 Z06

Established Member
dontmockthemach said:
Is all that really necessary?:shrug: You should probably send a truck to my house with one of those, that is too many corvettes. PM me for details of my address:D

Sweet lineup btw

Thanks dude. I have to spend it all on cars so my wife and kids can't take it all from me later in life! :lol1:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
I've got 3, so pick one and lets do it! :-D

What the hell? You have three C6's!? Why not one C6 and one C6 ZO6!? :pepper: What do you have done to them? I'd love to run one, but I'm in California and I don't think that either of us would want to drive that far for a race! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread