'03 Cobra vs '05 C6

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Some term's are faster then others.... Some c6's are slower then others... Esp if da was a little higher an FI car would have a little of an edge of an NA car... Not to mention drivers can factor in. I've seen turbo diesel's outrun Vipers at the track before. Most C6's will outrun most termy's but by no means does that mean that it will always happen. (And FWIW my non z c5 went high 12's with 111.5 trap, so I would hope a c6 should trap over 110 with 50 more hp).

Good runs :cheers:

C6 Z06

Established Member
CPViolation said:
:read:
I've been trying to tell people who are enamored by the C6 Z06
It isn’t the Holy Grail
I beat one by a rear QP and a SS buy bus lengths at the same time.
Get off your knees and put your foot to the floor.
Not just that, I spent 20k less than a new Z06 costs.

LOL Oh no, not the "mine cost less than yours" or "yours cost more than mine"! Hell, I saved so much money buying mine(C6 Z) I think I'll have to buy another!!! :-D

C6 Vette

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
You just proved my point about not posting in here. You dont know jack-shitt about terminators, how restricted they are from the factory, or what a simple catback/cai mod does to them. 30-40 WHP IS NOT UNUSUAL, that has been shown on these boards time and time again.

Go away.

Very well....I'll admit that I know little (if anything) at all about what a CAI can do to a supercharged vehicle......I know on most N/A vehicles the gains are minimal......I will not speculate any further on this matter................and no .I'm not going away .........:nonono:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I didnt know you could CAI a ''terminator'' and gain 40rwhp

2qu6xag.jpg

:eek:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
mustangbee said:
i didnt say you were a ricer.:read: thats just a ricer comment...for every C6 Z you'll ever smoke, theirs a some ricer that will smoke your KB cobra AND have less money in their car...are they better cars though? NO. Is a C6 Z a better car than a cobra. yeah, different classes.
I am well aware of that. In the mean time I'm batting 1000.
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
LOL Oh no, not the "mine cost less than yours" or "yours cost more than mine"! Hell, I saved so much money buying mine(C6 Z) I think I'll have to buy another!!! :-D
Come on man, the amount of money I spent modding my car, I could of bought two Terminators.
If I felt the need to own a C6 Z06 I would buy one.
No doubt a Z06 would smoke me in the twisties.
I'm a Mustang guy..

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
its a street race..

not all cars of the same model are created equal and neither are the drivers.

good kill.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
C6 Vette said:
Very well....I'll admit that I know little (if anything) at all about what a CAI can do to a supercharged vehicle......I know on most N/A vehicles the gains are minimal......I will not speculate any further on this matter................

c6vette yes these 03/04 cobras were extremely restricted from the factory

intake/exhaust mods really "uncork" the car

they are very, very responsive to even cheap, minor modifications :rockon:

:beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:

The first thing I did was intake and let me say, wow! The blower whine was the best over the increase in power though... It scares the shit out of people! I have the K&N, but I'm going JLT for the Cobra and Mach 1. :beer:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:

There you go.
I have 14 lbs of boost. Not crasy ass HP. It hooks well from a dig and is not too shabby from a roll @ ~ 2000 RPM.

bunk22

Established Member
CPViolation said:
Come on man, the amount of money I spent modding my car, I could of bought two Terminators.
If I felt the need to own a C6 Z06 I would buy one.
No doubt a Z06 would smoke me in the twisties.
I'm a Mustang guy..

So you've spent $30K give or take on your Cobra? BTW, C6Z folks mod their cars as well. It seems that if a guy can afford a $70K+ car, they can afford to mod it as well. Already seen posted everything from intake, cam Z's to twin turbo Z's. Whoever has the most money wins.

Being a former 03 Cobra owner, I can attest that the stock cat-back and intake are bottlenecks in the cars. A cai and cat-back really wake the cars up. Unlike our C6's where your standard cai and cat-back does nothing for performance. At least mine it didn't. Now the Vararam is a different story but it's a ram air kit and works great at speed. I think a tuned C6 might be a match to a cai/cat-back 03/04 Cobra. The C6's are really choked up from the factory in that department.........well, at least mine was.

C6 Vette

Established Member
bunk22 said:
So you've spent $30K give or take on your Cobra? BTW, C6Z folks mod their cars as well. It seems that if a guy can afford a $70K+ car, they can afford to mod it as well. Already seen posted everything from intake, cam Z's to twin turbo Z's. Whoever has the most money wins.

Being a former 03 Cobra owner, I can attest that the stock cat-back and intake are bottlenecks in the cars. A cai and cat-back really wake the cars up. Unlike our C6's where your standard cai and cat-back does nothing for performance. At least mine it didn't. Now the Vararam is a different story but it's a ram air kit and works great at speed. I think a tuned C6 might be a match to a cai/cat-back 03/04 Cobra. The C6's are really choked up from the factory in that department.........well, at least mine was.

If the choice is between CAI,catback, and tune are you suggesting that the tune is most likely the most beneficial out of the three? I would love LT's,but since I have no smog connections I won't venture into that....I think a Vararam or Hurricane CAI from what I hear tend to net the most gains (however little it might be...lol). Cat-back w/ x-pipe will be B&B Bullets, and a good custom tune and I'll be content..

bunk22

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
If the choice is between CAI,catback, and tune are you suggesting that the tune is most likely the most beneficial out of the three? I would love LT's,but since I have no smog connections I won't venture into that....I think a Vararam or Hurricane CAI from what I hear tend to net the most gains (however little it might be...lol). Cat-back w/ x-pipe will be B&B Bullets, and a good custom tune and I'll be content..

Sent ya a PM.

Beetle6986

Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
c6 vette, you must not have spent too much time on these terminator boards, because you are making some generalizations that are kinda off

my personal 03 picked up 59 rwhp on the same dyno with catback and exhaust (granted they were on different days). 374/374 to 433/397. 415+ is a common occurrance without even a tune.

also your remark about an exhaust c6 pulling an exhaust cobra 10 out of 10 times? not likely. 8 out of 10 times tho? that i might agree with.

I got about 60 WHP from a CAI and catback. I had 3 dyno runs that ranged from 425 to 435 with just a K&N and Stingers.

svt99rag

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
The first thing I did was intake and let me say, wow! The blower whine was the best over the increase in power though... It scares the shit out of people! I have the K&N, but I'm going JLT for the Cobra and Mach 1. :beer:
JLT FTW!!! I could feel it and the sound is bad ass...here it is with just CAI, no pulley or port. http://media.putfile.com/MOV00246-86

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
bunk22 said:

You have to install cams, I don't

BayareaSS

Established Member
Wow! some of these post are rediculous. Everybody SHOULD know that a cai and exhaust on a cobra really wakes them up.

and cpviolation.....its hard to compare your cobra to a c6 z06 because hey are two totally different beast. I know you are a mustang guy but you should know a good car when you see it. The Z06 is a great all around performer.

Users who are viewing this thread