'03 Cobra vs '05 C6

corey10632

Banned
No one is calling him a liar. I'm sure he won...But when you run your buddy's C6 and pull 5 car lengths and then say that a Cobra with exhaust mods is an even match with a C6 w/ exhaust because of his encounter/results with his friend on a roll race,all I'm saying is it is'nt the norm...Your being to quick to judge without reading prior posts.......With equally skilled drivers a C6 would pull 10 out of 10 times.............especially from a roll...

He has never said that a cobra with exhuast mods is an even match with a c6 vette. He just said he was able to beat one. Anything can and does happen when street racing. No offense the guy has a reason to be upset because people are distorting what the guy is saying. Saying that the c6 shoulda been the winner is fine but, when people start attaking the guy it may discouarage him or others to post on this forum.

Last edited:

voodooterminato

Back in Black!
Established Member
Sinultros said:
Good for you. You guys can come up with multiple excuses and anazlyze all you want but the fact of the matter is the Cobra won this race. I saw it with my own eyes. This isn't rocket science.

AMEN!!!

TrickStang37

Established Member
Anything can happen on the street. I raced my friends C6 M6 on the freeway, it was 100% completely stock and me with my mods (no suspension mods). We raced from about 4750-5000 rpm in 3rd till the near the end of 4th. At the beginning it put about 1/4 car and just stayed there till the end of the race. And this was with me with an extra passanger (190-200lbs). We did this with two different drivers in the C6 and me running a passanger both times.

BTW The Cobra has a "Torque Management" system to it as well.

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
This is SVT Performance and we still have more people calling BS then believing this dude's kill and taking it for what it is... A street race between a C6 and a Terminator where the Vette lost... Why is this so hard to believe? I can pull a time slip out of my ass where that same C6 ran a 12 flat and it would still be irrelevant because this happened on the street and not on the track... What the vehicle is capable of doesn't matter. What the vehicle did do (or more like what the driver of the vehicle made the vehicle do) is what ultimately counts!

mustangbee

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
. What the vehicle is capable of doesn't matter. What the vehicle did do (or more like what the driver of the vehicle made the vehicle do) is what ultimately counts!

i agree 100% bro, but let someone come on this site with a stock 5.7 gto or whatever claiming a 03 cobra kill.................and it wouldnt matter if they also had a 03 cobra, a video of the race and a 50,000 post count

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

all day long

Wintermute

Banned
A cat-back/cai terminator is almost a dead even race to a stock C6. If you dont know how much those two little mods can open up the cobra, you shouldn't be posting in here. I made 382 on a Mustang dyno with just that, which is well over 400rwhp on a Dynojet. Why is everyone is freaking out? 5 cars is a little bad though, maybe he pulled up ?

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
This is SVT Performance and we still have more people calling BS then believing this dude's kill and taking it for what it is... A street race between a C6 and a Terminator where the Vette lost... Why is this so hard to believe? I can pull a time slip out of my ass where that same C6 ran a 12 flat and it would still be irrelevant because this happened on the street and not on the track... What the vehicle is capable of doesn't matter. What the vehicle did do (or more like what the driver of the vehicle made the vehicle do) is what ultimately counts!

I think becaue most of us think of it as all else being equal. On the street and the track, not all is equal. We can't really compare times from different tracks. Comparing the best C6Z time at Atco in -500 DA vs a pullied Cobra at Fontana during the summer isn't a fair comparison. Then of course good driver vs bad driver. Last time at the track, I lost to two much slower cars, I missed a shift. Driver error, they won I lost. That's the way it goes. Having had an 03 Cobra with all the goodies and now a C6, I really think these cars are very closely matched with the slight edge going to the C6, all else being equal. A cai and cat-back on the Cobra I think gives it the advantage.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
A cat-back/cai terminator is almost a dead even race to a stock C6. If you dont know how much those two little mods can open up the cobra, you shouldn't be posting in here. I made 382 on a Mustang dyno with just that, which is well over 400rwhp on a Dynojet. Why is everyone is freaking out? 5 cars is a little bad though, maybe he pulled up ?

Since when does a catback only on a Cobra even the score on a stock C6..Maybe an A4 2005 C6. But a sixspeed would still pull..With equal drivers..

Stock Cobras dyno around 360-370 on a Dynojet...Either you have a factory freak or something.....but there is no way your putting an extra 30-40 to the ground with just a catback....sorry pal..

Wintermute

Banned
C6 Vette said:
Since when does a catback only on a Cobra even the score on a stock C6..Maybe an A4 2005 C6. But a sixspeed would still pull..With equal drivers..

Stock Cobras dyno around 360-370 on a Dynojet...Either you have a factory freak or something.....but there is no way your putting an extra 30-40 to the ground with just a catback....sorry pal..

Can you read ? I said catback /cai. 365 is a typical dynojet for a terminator, and yes, 30-40 whp is pretty typical for that combo over stock, thats the whole point. Pal.

Yes catback/cai evens the score on your mighty C6, what does it dyno stock ?

Last edited:

C6 Vette

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Can you read ? I said catback /cai. 365 is a typical dynojet for a terminator, and yes, 30-40 whp is pretty typical for that combo over stock, thats the whole point. Pal.

Yes catback/cai evens the score on your mighty C6, what does it dyno stock ?

We can go back and forth all day about what mods do what to each car...C6's dyno anywhere between 340-355...And I have my doubts about this CAI/catback setup putting around 30-40 to the ground....Catbacks are useless on my car and yours..........and I don't know of too many CAI's netting 30HP TO THE WHEELS with out a tune.....perhaps the dyno you were on needs calibration...

TrickStang37

Established Member
i dyno'ed 397rwhp SAE with cat back and CAI. Cobra's dyno as high as 415rwhp with those mods. Pull your head out.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
svt99rag said:
its not like my car is exactly slow, not really fast but can hang with most stock cars on the road
:read:
I've been trying to tell people who are enamored by the C6 Z06
It isn’t the Holy Grail
I beat one by a rear QP and a SS buy bus lengths at the same time.
Get off your knees and put your foot to the floor.
Not just that, I spent 20k less than a new Z06 costs.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
c6 vette, you must not have spent too much time on these terminator boards, because you are making some generalizations that are kinda off

my personal 03 picked up 59 rwhp on the same dyno with catback and exhaust (granted they were on different days). 374/374 to 433/397. 415+ is a common occurrance without even a tune.

also your remark about an exhaust c6 pulling an exhaust cobra 10 out of 10 times? not likely. 8 out of 10 times tho? that i might agree with.

mustangbee

Established Member
CPViolation said:
:read:

Not just that, I spent 20k less than a new Z06 costs.

ricer comment. thats what al those guys with civic's say about they're little $8k(or less) hatchback....hell, you could buy an awd talon and dump 10k in it and it would run low 10s..your talking about a vette, cobra and a talon=different class cars

svt99rag

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
We can go back and forth all day about what mods do what to each car...C6's dyno anywhere between 340-355...And I have my doubts about this CAI/catback setup putting around 30-40 to the ground....Catbacks are useless on my car and yours..........and I don't know of too many CAI's netting 30HP TO THE WHEELS with out a tune.....perhaps the dyno you were on needs calibration...
seriously... chill out. What experience do you have with modding a terminator? I am getting sick of seeing this thread popping up with new posts, I feel like I am banging my head against the wall with you. THE C6 GOT SMOKED!!!....end of story. Nothing you can say can change the outcome of the race I had. Check Sinultrous's post, he was there and saw the whole thing. Another member on here (Darby) was there too. I will make sure to take the video camera next time. This is stupid...
EDIT: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4914803#post4914803

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
CPViolation said:
I'm 52, far from rice material.
I'm a Mustang nut and served some whoop-ass to a C6 Z06. Is that ok with you?

i didnt say you were a ricer.:read: thats just a ricer comment...for every C6 Z you'll ever smoke, theirs a some ricer that will smoke your KB cobra AND have less money in their car...are they better cars though? NO. Is a C6 Z a better car than a cobra. yeah, different classes.

Wintermute

Banned
C6 Vette said:
Catbacks are useless on my car and yours.

You just proved my point about not posting in here. You dont know jack-shitt about terminators, how restricted they are from the factory, or what a simple catback/cai mod does to them. 30-40 WHP IS NOT UNUSUAL, that has been shown on these boards time and time again.

Go away.

Users who are viewing this thread