03 Cobra vs 12 5.0 vs TT 5th GEN Camaro

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
So what car ran slower than a stock cobra

with an obvious piss poor driver running 13.2 with a 1.8 sixty....why yes. but even that driver would be slower than a stock cobra driving one. lots of really bad driving. granny shifting.

Beetle6986

Established Member
with an obvious piss poor driver running 13.2 with a 1.8 sixty....why yes. but even that driver would be slower than a stock cobra driving one. lots of really bad driving. granny shifting.

5.0 police has arrived. The 5.0 should have killed the Cobra and the Camaro because we all know a 5.0 should NEVER run a horrible 13.2!:lol:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
So what car ran slower than a stock cobra

we all know a stock cobra has NEVER run a 13.2 with ANY driver. they all run a 12.5. i bet that same driver can murder that stock cobra record, he just cant get a 12 out of a coyote...with slicks.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
All I can say is you guys are some clowns, I am cracking up.
But this 5.0 vs Cobra stuff is way deep. Have fun and enjoy whatever you have.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I know the 5.0's have been rolling out of the factory since 1987 with headers. When was the last time you had checked? This is truly a lie because the 5.0 should have been deep into the 9's with a 150+ trap with the bigs and littles. Which would put your cobra deep into the 8's trapping 160+. Camaro should have been in the 15's...

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Good runs. I think the DA there is probably on the high side too. From what I've read, I would expect the 5.0 to run a sub 13 with a 1.8 60'. I'd expect the 5.0 to run just a little harder than 110, too. Then again, I've been in Germany since they came out and haven't seen them with my own eyes at the track or anything. Maybe they aren't as strong as people say.

To the guy saying the 1000 hp camaro should trap higher, think again. If all you know about the car is that it made 1000hp, you don't really know much. That could be 1k at the wheels, or more likely 850 at the wheels, and an estimated 1k at the crank. Beyond that, is it on street tires? Is it a turbo car with a manual tranny that has no boost off of the line, and no boost between shifts? If the car is a manual turbo car, 141 really isn't all that bad.

The 5th gen was being discussed over at ls1tech . Its a TT manual setup on low boost, ran a best of 10.18 @143. First week out of the shop still shaking down.

Users who are viewing this thread