03 Cobra vs 2010 Camaro SS

cmsnake

Established Member
Nice kill. Ive tried to run 3 new SS's and none of them will. Chevy boys must be doing their homework...

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I wouldnt call a car that can trap 108-110 off the showroom floor a joke.....Yes they are outperformed by the cars they are competing against, but its still not a slow car by any means.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Soo much hatred towards the SS. Its a beautiful cruising car. I love its looks, power, etc. About the weight, every new car is getting heavier. Even us Cobra owners have a heavy pig compared to the NE Cobras and pre 99 SN95 Mustangs.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Soo much hatred towards the SS. Its a beautiful cruising car. I love its looks, power, etc. About the weight, every new car is getting heavier. Even us Cobra owners have a heavy pig compared to the NE Cobras and pre 99 SN95 Mustangs.

I'll admit that I wasn't a big fan of them when they came out, but they've been growing on me lately. I wouldn't mind having one.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I'll admit that I wasn't a big fan of them when they came out, but they've been growing on me lately. I wouldn't mind having one.

Well, I would be willing to bear the heavy burden of taking that mystichrome off your hands so you could free up some space for the ss. It would be tough, but I think I could manage. I know I would be doing you a huge favor, but think nothing of it. Its no trouble. Really.

ramstein

Established Member
I was merging onto the freeway today as a shiny orange SS drove past. When I went to merge I heard the upshift and he took off. I paid no mind because I was in no mood after a long day at work. We drive through the toll road and by this time I was about 2 cars behind him and he hammers it leaving the EZ pass. I smiled when I saw his license plates "YULWIN". I took his plates as a sarcastic challenge to my manhood. I caught him at the light and was treated to the typical I drive a cool car and its fast and I know it personality. I asked him what was done and he said "Stuff". I responded with an equally cool guy line like "Oh yeah? sweet :dw:
This guy is a douche.

Check Traction control...its off
Im good.
3k rpm launch, a bit on wheel spin and put a car on him. By second gear i had another half a car.
Speed limit was 60 and that was enough for me. I dont need anymore excessive speeding tickets. Regardless, he never drove past my window and turned off shortly after.

This was my first run in my cobra since I got it last week and it felt good.

:beer:
Good race, but you don't have to drive above the 60 speed limit in order to get pulled over for racing.

04nccobra

Established Member

There is life after the Cobra, while I loved my Cobra the Camaro grew on me instantly. It's a great car and with very small amount of mods it's just as fast as my pullied boosted Cobra and it doesn't need 14 lbs of boost to do it. :)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I still have my gripes that prevent me from wanting one but I still drive the 2011 sittting here in the parking lot when the keys are tossed my way. It's not a horrible car after all.... and fat cars need love too.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
All I had to do is sit inside one. I wanted out the second I closed the door. I don't see how someone could "drive" that car. :nonono:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted one when they came out...but then the new 5.0 came out and I changed my mine, lol. IMO the new Maro is the sickest looking new car on the market when set up right. Completely murdered out, lowered a little and you have a damn sexy car.

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
^ Gotta have the stripes.

Shame its so much easier to make the 5.0 fast, meanwhile we're stuck with this cross-platform shares overweight pig of a car with a glass rearend. At least LS motors are cheap to mod.

Users who are viewing this thread