03 Cobra vs 2010 gt500

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullens

Established Member
Man I hate you all!! ha. My car 04 hasnt even been shipped here yet and I already want the 2010, got the chance to sit in 2 of them over the winter, MAN! that interior was sweet, the nav/sync is so cool. But good things come to those who wait....I have to keep telling myself that.
If I waited and thought about it, I would have kept my 08. Thank God for impulsive behavior!

Seriously, I had them both and they are two different cars. The GT500 is worlds better.

Last edited:

THEGREEK

Established Member
I have had both, and all you really have to do is sit in a 2010 and then sit in a 2003 and you would ever wonder how you lived with that patetic interior. Performance wise, they are probably pretty close due to the weight advantage, but if you are someone that cares about the total quality of a vehicle, there is no finer mustang than the newest models.

your high 03 10th ftw shelby:xpl:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Oh man please dont make regret not buying the 2010. I weighed out the car payments and decided to buy an 04 to pay it off and own it outright. Seeing posts like this make me reget my choice.

I sold my 03 in 2005. Yeah, I missed it especially when I mat the throttle on my Expedition and feeling the thrust I gave up. My 03 had a 2.2 KB with a 3.90 gear. I am looking for a 2007 or 2008. I finally got to see a SN97 up close and sit in it. I was impressed. Sold me right there. I hated the alacantra and the IRS. But, when I see an 03/04 it brings back damned good memories. They are still eye catchers and they put the fear of God in F-Bodies. The Termies kicked the F-Bodies is the ass on their way out the door and are the Cobras that started it all. Just seeing the front bumper and wheels bring respect.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I really like a gray 07-09 GT 500 and would love to get one but I really love my 03 and it's so much fun to drive. Plus I worked so hard to get it that I can't bare getting rid of it.

The Loon

Established Member
sold my 03 and have the 2010 gt500.. and put a KB 2.8 Mamoth kit on it. I was hoping for a couple of things in the 10.. How about a freaking trunk light and lights on the visors. Not to be vain, but hey, for 60k they can at least put a freaking trunk light. heh

Loon

spincobra03

Established Member
sold my 03 and have the 2010 gt500.. and put a KB 2.8 Mamoth kit on it. I was hoping for a couple of things in the 10.. How about a freaking trunk light and lights on the visors. Not to be vain, but hey, for 60k they can at least put a freaking trunk light. heh

Loon

2010 with a 2.8 KB wow, I think I found my new best friend!!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
No question the GT500 is a better car overall, but the value of the Terminator is hard to deny. If you have the money the choice is clear... unless you're like me and just love the looks of the 03/04 over the retro-styled S197.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Oh man please dont make regret not buying the 2010. I weighed out the car payments and decided to buy an 04 to pay it off and own it outright. Seeing posts like this make me reget my choice.

Don't regret not getting yourself into all that debt. Unless you've got at least hundreds of thousands of dollars laying around no one in their right mind would buy a GT500 outright. I optioned one on the Ford website and it was right at 50K and even with a 10K down payment the 5-yr monthly payment is at $788/month. That's a for a STOCK GT500 that you'll undoubtedly want to mod. No doubt that the car is superior in EVERY way to an 03/04 Cobra but unless you're really doing very well financially it's a really stupid purchase.

Enjoy the 03/04 Cobra and the extra money to slap a twin-screw on it and walk all over the old men in their stock 2010s. Then in a few years when you've saved a ton of money and those old men want to sell their garage-kept baby you can scoop up a low-miler and be much better off financially. Anyone who even looks at a GT500 and doesn't want it just doesn't like cars period, the car is badass. It's also a car that will primarily be a garage queen that is highly impractical and undesirable as a daily driver. 50K is helluva lot of money to pay for a garage ornament, unless you've been very wise with managing your money or very fortunate.

I learned all this through owning my '03. I absolutely HATE putting miles on it or driving it when the weather isn't warm or when it rains. I wanna save the driving for when I'll actually enjoy it. It's tough to justify spending $800/mo for 60 months (a long time) on something that I'll hate to put to practical use very often. It doesn't mean that I don't absolutely LOVE the car, I'll just enjoy looking at a wealthier man's GT500 at a local car show.

acobra03

Established Member
O3 Cobra Vs 09GT500

I loved my Terminator until I drove the GT500. The Terminator felt faster seat of the pants, but the GT500 kicks it's butt down the track. I have the slips for both cars bone stock, my 09 Gt500 was faster everywhere except the 60' time. The 03 was a great car, fast, nimble and bad ass on the street. The Gt500 is all those things and has class. You cannot go anywhere with a GT500 without getting thumbs up or people drooling over it. I have no regrets trading my 03 10th Anniversary Cobra for my 09 GT500 Red Stripe.

Mark302

Established Member
Don't regret not getting yourself into all that debt. Unless you've got at least hundreds of thousands of dollars laying around no one in their right mind would buy a GT500 outright. I optioned one on the Ford website and it was right at 50K and even with a 10K down payment the 5-yr monthly payment is at $788/month. That's a for a STOCK GT500 that you'll undoubtedly want to mod. No doubt that the car is superior in EVERY way to an 03/04 Cobra but unless you're really doing very well financially it's a really stupid purchase.

Enjoy the 03/04 Cobra and the extra money to slap a twin-screw on it and walk all over the old men in their stock 2010s. Then in a few years when you've saved a ton of money and those old men want to sell their garage-kept baby you can scoop up a low-miler and be much better off financially. Anyone who even looks at a GT500 and doesn't want it just doesn't like cars period, the car is badass. It's also a car that will primarily be a garage queen that is highly impractical and undesirable as a daily driver. 50K is helluva lot of money to pay for a garage ornament, unless you've been very wise with managing your money or very fortunate.

I learned all this through owning my '03. I absolutely HATE putting miles on it or driving it when the weather isn't warm or when it rains. I wanna save the driving for when I'll actually enjoy it. It's tough to justify spending $800/mo for 60 months (a long time) on something that I'll hate to put to practical use very often. It doesn't mean that I don't absolutely LOVE the car, I'll just enjoy looking at a wealthier man's GT500 at a local car show.

Very well put!

A couple of things I will add are we may not put alot of miles on the new one but they will be very fun miles (just like they were with the 03')

I can't wait to test it on the dragstrip!:rockon:

spincobra03

Established Member
Ha ha, very nice. Since we are now friends, when can I take her for a spin! ha. Seriously though, very nice.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Sold my pristine 2004 and picked up a 2010 GT500 last week.

I LOVED my 04 and thought I'd never get rid of it, but when I saw/heard about the 2010's with the new body evolution and the brand new interior I knew my Term's days were numbered.

The new cars from a drivability, interior, NVH, are WORLD's apart from the earlier cars.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
93 347 Cobra, your post was superbly articulated. Eloquent and to the point.

Well said.

Tob

redsap05

Established Member

I dont see how you claim a gt500 is for the rich, Iam going to buy one and Iam not rich. Yes 50k is alot for a gt500 but when you want it you want it. Iam putting 15k down and thought my credit union 5.24% for 72 months on 35k is 567 a month. A gt500 is atainalbe if you save up for a down payment ( which Iam doing) and find a good rate. Also you can find many dealers willing to sell below msrp.

Six_Offender

Established Member
Hell I'm not rich either... ok ok I still live at home but what can I say I'm only 23 and have lots of hobbies. I pay for my shelby, gsxr, insurances for both, maintain them so on and so on. My parents do well with money but in noooooo way are we wealthy or well off, so don't give me this " must be nice to have daddy buy u everything" I worked went to school and have a good paying job. Ok point is it's not a wealthy man's car, just f'king badass machine I HAD to have! Get a nice 2009 cuz they are affordable and look meaner...

TheWanderer316

Established Member
hell i'm not rich either... Ok ok i still live at home but what can i say i'm only 23 and have lots of hobbies. I pay for my shelby, gsxr, insurances for both, maintain them so on and so on. My parents do well with money but in noooooo way are we wealthy or well off, so don't give me this " must be nice to have daddy buy u everything" i worked went to school and have a good paying job. Ok point is it's not a wealthy man's car, just f'king badass machine i had to have! Get a nice 2009 cuz they are affordable and look meaner...

+1

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
Hell I'm not rich either... ok ok I still live at home but what can I say I'm only 23 and have lots of hobbies. I pay for my shelby, gsxr, insurances for both, maintain them so on and so on. My parents do well with money but in noooooo way are we wealthy or well off, so don't give me this " must be nice to have daddy buy u everything" I worked went to school and have a good paying job. Ok point is it's not a wealthy man's car, just f'king badass machine I HAD to have! Get a nice 2009 cuz they are affordable and look meaner...

Wow. The definition of living within your means is wider than I've known. You're big enough to admit you live at home, but do you understand your parents are allowing you to have what you HAD to have, that you really don't have to have, and probably couldn't afford without them? I would be very grateful if I were you.

ModularFan

Established Member

So that money your spending on the GT500, you could be saving for a house or an apartment etc. But you rather spend that on your car. you really have nothing to show for it no offense.

dsg2003gt

Established Member
So that money your spending on the GT500, you could be saving for a house or an apartment etc. But you rather spend that on your car. you really have nothing to show for it no offense.

meh, what if he doesnt want to save for a house right now. obviously sooner is better, but id rather have my one last harrah(gt500) before i get married and buy a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread