03 Cobra vs 2011 5.0

19935.slow

Established Member
That 8th mile time does not represent a stall. Thats equivelant to a 114 to 117 mph car in the quarter. Op's 93 mph usually is a 121 or higher which is fine for your average ported blower car on big rims and full weight.

ScubaTermi

Established Member
The new 5.0 is an incerdible car and they can fly with just bolt ons but I think something is wrong with your car. Your 1/8th mile times are about a 12.4 @114 in the 1/4. thats way off, my car ran close to that when it was brand new with 300 miles on it.
Maybe Im missing something but it just doesn't seem right to me. Im not knocking you or your car but I just think something might be off.:shrug:

I know whats off, its me and those nittos that are completely bald lol :beer:
I have never been to the 1/4 mile before I would hope that the car would run mid to high 11s

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Bro gets tires immediately. 505rwhp and running 8.0's is horrible! The 5.0 seemed to get some good traction

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
what the hell just happened? the cobra got smashed... the 5.0s can't be that bad; this is coming from a fellow cobra owner.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Good race,Would love to see what the kb would do on the 302.
AUTO+STALL+KB+TIRES=Sweet Jesus

Looks like he had you the whole race though..:shrug:

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
I cant wait to drop that coyote motor in my 89 notch. Not sure if I am gonna spray it or run a blower;however, I cant WAIT to mash that pedal for the first time with the new setup. You car did sound sick!

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
we all need a little track time, and slicks and auto will be his race every time, put it out a little longer or maybe a roll makes the race fair... who knows what practice and real tires will bring u. once the weather breaks you will be able to add one more notch on the L belt. my ride is ready to come out and play

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
No big surprise an S197 mustang can launch better than an SN95. I would say you were bested by the driver. Get some better tires and see how it fares. If the results are the same, bow to the 5.0. :beer:

ScubaTermi

Established Member
we all need a little track time, and slicks and auto will be his race every time, put it out a little longer or maybe a roll makes the race fair... who knows what practice and real tires will bring u. once the weather breaks you will be able to add one more notch on the L belt. my ride is ready to come out and play

No doubt new tires and more practice would make a difference. the weather is not so bad now why not bring the out you sissy lol :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread