'03 Cobra vs E55 AMG vs Skyline GTR 33 vs Mach 1 vs M3: a fun night with some friends

Established Member
Nice runs SoCalSnake. Where are you located? Let me get my HD up in the mix too (after the KB upgrade).

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by KeefCobra
Sounds fishy 6th at 125- you should be in 4th until 135-138.

KeefCobra
449 RWHP SAE
445RWTQ SAE

Also...from what I remember I was leading all the way up through 5th until I shifted too early. I knew that I had shifted too early when I went to 6th and both the skyline and benz looked they just leapt forward.

If the rpms sound fishy, then maybe i saw the tach wrong. I only glanced down once or twice at the cluster...didn't really want to take my eyes of the road or the benz.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by 7168548
Nice runs SoCalSnake. Where are you located? Let me get my HD up in the mix too (after the KB upgrade).

Glendale, Ca. As I'm discovering, there are some quick rides here and they're all pretty friendly.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I hit about 140 in 4th. And you say you were in 6th at 125....man, no wonder you lost.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
good runs, but i wouldn't do a 5 way race. you're just increasing your chances of wrecking 5x. i almost didn't want to do the 3-way race with: me, built 2000 formula LS1, and T88 MKIV supra. glad i did though, cuz i won. :D

don't underestimate the E55. they come with 479rwhp stock (YES, i did say RWHP, that's how MB rates their HP). skyline must have had a pretty big turbo or a WHOLE lot of nitrous.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
good runs, but i wouldn't do a 5 way race. you're just increasing your chances of wrecking 5x. i almost didn't want to do the 3-way race with: me, built 2000 formula LS1, and T88 MKIV supra. glad i did though, cuz i won. :D

don't underestimate the E55. they come with 479rwhp stock (YES, i did say RWHP, that's how MB rates their HP). skyline must have had a pretty big turbo or a WHOLE lot of nitrous.

Killabyte,

All five have seen you're runs vs. Jesus...excellent runs.

The benz was pretty stout and the interior was beautiful.

I know the owner of the skyline has an electronic boost controller so im pretty sure he turned it up for the runs.

You're right, shouldn't have done a 5 way...actually we just wanted to see the AMG vs the Cobra, and the Skyline jumped in.

After a few seconds, the Mach and M3 faded back anyway.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
thats an awesome race:bowdown: however, you shoulda been shot for not filming.... hehe. j/k
so was this from a stop on the freeway or did you guys all race on the roll. (you might have already said so dont flame i dont pay much attention)
anyways..... KB it and it wont be much of a race anymore
Jd

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good race, you are right about looking at the road going high speed, maybe get a shift light so you can set when to shift, might help a bit. I like my g tech pro comp. :beer:

blumnday99

Established Member
surprised no one has asked yet....how did the Mach do against the m3??

We didn't get a chance to actually line up right away. The skyline, e55, and cobra took off just as the bimmer and I were getting lined up and we both just gunned it. It did look like we were pretty even, but it was hard to tell because he was 4 lanes away. We're going to try it from a stop and from a roll sometime soon.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by terrible one
thats an awesome race:bowdown: however, you shoulda been shot for not filming.... hehe. j/k
so was this from a stop on the freeway or did you guys all race on the roll. (you might have already said so dont flame i dont pay much attention)
anyways..... KB it and it wont be much of a race anymore
Jd

all were from a roll

you're right...a KB would make it much more fun, especially a KB 2.4 (or Whipple)

Wild Bill

Established Member
Nice runs,but you dont need a kb or whipple to take out those E55s.Do the apten upgrade and watch how you pull away from them.I remember with just my pulley they were a real bitch,but the last one I ran after the apten and it was no problem.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
Nice runs,but you dont need a kb or whipple to take out those E55s.Do the apten upgrade and watch how you pull away from them.I remember with just my pulley they were a real bitch,but the last one I ran after the apten and it was no problem.

I've been thinking about the Apten just for sheer HP per $ factor. I'm hanging on by a thread b/c im waiting to see if the whipple has good Hp/$ factor and how much performance it offers.

Merv

Users who are viewing this thread