03 Cobra vs. E55

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Op_ what mods do you have? Odds are, you are a pullied cobra at best and you racing a stock e55 on the street would have ass raped you. How do I know this, because I just sold my 04 stage 2 e55 amg. Before that car I have had 4 terminators. Bolt on terminators with drags on the street will have a tough time beatig a bone stock e55. I have raced both cars on opposite sides of the coin, and if the cobra owner is not an exceptional driver on the street, he will be playing catchup. Now if that e55 had a pulley and tune, then that is more of a match for a twin screw cobra.

Ask almo, who to date has one of the fastest non ported non sprayed terminator 1/4 times and also owns an e55. I am not trying to bust your balls but when you make silly comments like that when you obviously know nothing about an e55, you will be called out.

You are funny.

Lets do this.

Fastest Pullied full weight Cobra, against the fastest Stock E55 Time? What is the fastest? High 11's at best for an E55. Tons of Pullied cobra's running deep 11's on just the upper full weight without a port.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Op_ what mods do you have? Odds are, you are a pullied cobra at best and you racing a stock e55 on the street would have ass raped you. How do I know this, because I just sold my 04 stage 2 e55 amg. Before that car I have had 4 terminators. Bolt on terminators with drags on the street will have a tough time beatig a bone stock e55. I have raced both cars on opposite sides of the coin, and if the cobra owner is not an exceptional driver on the street, he will be playing catchup. Now if that e55 had a pulley and tune, then that is more of a match for a twin screw cobra.

Ask almo, who to date has one of the fastest non ported non sprayed terminator 1/4 times and also owns an e55. I am not trying to bust your balls but when you make silly comments like that when you obviously know nothing about an e55, you will be called out.

I don't have to ask Allen. He and I have talked many times and will do so again when I get back to work.

I know nothing about E55s? Kind of presumptuous of you. While I certainly do not know a lot, I know 2 people with modified Es who I could call and get whatever information I need. They both posted in this thread.

At best a pullied cobra? Perhaps you missed the part where my car with a 2.8 upper only, cai, o/r x and c/b went 11.8 @ 120 the very first time I drove the car. This was on m/t 275/40 radials.

With that set up I raced and beat a stock E55 on 66. You apparently missed that part of the story as well.

and now my car has ported heads, shitty GT cams, gear and other mods. additionally my car isn't even close to stock weight (seat delete, teksid, tube k setup) just to name 3.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
You are funny.

Lets do this.

Fastest Pullied full weight Cobra, against the fastest Stock E55 Time? What is the fastest? High 11's at best for an E55. Tons of Pullied cobra's running deep 11's on just the upper full weight without a port.

Read my post, I said on the street. If you want me to arrange a meeting with some E55 owners in your area and get it on tape, that would be no problem. You can go from a dig, roll whatever. What is funny about some of these members, they call BS. and they know nothing about the opposing car. When it comes to German engineering, power to wait ratio is not as clear cut as it is with american muscle cars.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
So on my way home from work last night I make a left at the double light and notice I'm running parallel with an E55 (04 - 05). I look over and see a mid 30's guy and his young son in the back seat, he notices me as well. I watch him for a second an see him down shift and his car kick (from the trans catching). I know the road is 2 lanes which merges into 1 (on my side). I also know I can outrun his car without getting out of 3rd gear even if he got the jump. He hits it and I......
do nothing. Why?

A. having a kid in the car is dangerous and if I race it will push him to go faster
B. street racing is illegal (not that I'm a model citizen, but I love my job)
C. unkown unknowns (things that we don't know that we don't know)

Yes I could have crushed his will to live and embarrassed him in front of his kid, but so what. I knew it would merge and he might act a fool and possibly wreck trying to get over.

Moral of the story, situational awareness is your friend and try to think 5 minutes in front of your face.

Semper Fi.

How do you know you could have crushed his car? Never ever judge a book by its cover. I think you possibly saved yourself from an embarrassment.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
For the record, a Pullied Cobra makes more RWHP and RWTQ, has a better powerband, and weighs less.

E55's have run AT BEST HIGH 11's STOCK. Pullied Cobras are easily capable of mid 11's with some good driving.

No reason to call BS or make it seem like an E55 will walk a Cobra.

And why would you think the E55 is stock? They have an aftermarket for them too and I know a few that are laying down over 500 to the wheels.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Read my post, I said on the street. If you want me to arrange a meeting with some E55 owners in your area and get it on tape, that would be no problem. You can go from a dig, roll whatever. What is funny about some of these members, they call BS. and they know nothing about the opposing car. When it comes to German engineering, power to wait ratio is not as clear cut as it is with american muscle cars.

I understand and agree with you.

However, I know for a fact, that a Bone stock E55 would not beat a pullied Cobra if the guy in the Cobra knew what he was doing.

Now, Stage 2's are different stories. Those are 500+ RWHP cars. That is a race for a Ported and Pullied Cobra.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
And why would you think the E55 is stock? They have an aftermarket for them too and I know a few that are laying down over 500 to the wheels.

The other poster mentioned that a Stock E55 can do so and so. However, I mentioned if you were to use the best times from each of the two cars, the Cobra would always come out on top.

I don't like bench racing, but I had to feed into it once again due to every guy on this site that has or had an E55, thinking they are so great. If that is the case, why step down to a slower, less technologically advanced, less luxurious Cobra?

I guess E55's have more street cred than Terminators.

Almo

Established Member
For the record, a Pullied Cobra makes more RWHP and RWTQ, has a better powerband, and weighs less.

E55's have run AT BEST HIGH 11's STOCK. Pullied Cobras are easily capable of mid 11's with some good driving.

No reason to call BS or make it seem like an E55 will walk a Cobra.

E in stock form vs. A pullied Cobra from a dig will be close pending what tire the Cobra is running.

Modded E will leave a pullied Cobra from a dig even if the Cobra is running a DR.

Comparing track times is worthless and doesn't show what a Cobra would run on the street.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
E in stock form vs. A pullied Cobra from a dig will be close pending what tire the Cobra is running.

Modded E will leave a pullied Cobra from a dig even if the Cobra is running a DR.

Comparing track times is worthless and doesn't show what a Cobra would run on the street.

I agree somewhat.

However, I am not the one that said E55s will do this and that to Cobras, and all that.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
My guess is 40-50K with 30-40K miles,maybe more miles.

I'll stick with my cheap, lowly POS $21,000 Cobra.

Very wrong_

I just sold my stage 2 with warranty and 16k miles for 36k.

You can get 03's with 30-40K miles in the 20's now.

With an e55, they are very consistant at been quick off the mark as you just mash and go. The traction control on those are actually work and you don't get any tire spin. Mine made 500rwhp/560rwtq with et streets outback and going wot from a dig got no spin at all on the street. Both cars are real street brawlers and have the utmost respect for each.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Very wrong_

With an e55, they are very consistant at been quick off the mark as you just mash and go. The traction control on those are actually work and you don't get any tire spin. Mine made 500rwhp/560rwtq with et streets outback and going wot from a dig got no spin at all on the street. Both cars are real street brawlers and have the utmost respect for each.
More like 50-60k in the 20's (well over here). Im looking at them and at the 335i, dont really know which one to get, i love my brothers 535i but I also love teh V8 sound and S/C. So its a toss up as of now. :-D

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Very wrong_

Fair enough.

Still, 36K? I can get a TT Cobra, that would wipe the floor with 90% of the E55's around. LOL Probably for a lot less too. Just saying is all.

I respect those cars, but I don't like it when people say a Stock one will beat a modded Cobra, blah blah blah.

I have yet to see a Stock one beat a Pullied Cobra with a driver worth a damn, let alone a Stage 2 raping a pullied Cobra like someone said.

Deuuuce

Established Member
When it comes to German engineering, power to wait ratio is not as clear cut as it is with american muscle cars.

Really that is an oversimplification for both cars. Power to weight, gearing, power "under the cam", quality of shifts, etc.

There is nothing really different about them.

clean93

Established Member
ive seen one E55 AMG with some chrome rims at the track once. didnt think much of it at the time just thought it was all flash and little go till it ran a 12.02 at the track and it was a very quiet car. seen a brand new bmw 1 series do the same thing and im like what the hell is this? my buddy and i always joke around saying that the E55 is the Terminators nemesis.

Almo

Established Member
Fair enough.

Still, 36K? I can get a TT Cobra, that would wipe the floor with 90% of the E55's around. LOL Probably for a lot less too. Just saying is all.

I respect those cars, but I don't like it when people say a Stock one will beat a modded Cobra, blah blah blah.

I have yet to see a Stock one beat a Pullied Cobra with a driver worth a damn, let alone a Stage 2 raping a pullied Cobra like someone said.

You have no idea what you are talking about and need to do some more home work. Stock E55s on the street have beat pullied Cobras since 2003 and there is vidoes out (since 2003) to prove it. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJwekS396nQ"]YouTube - 03 Cobra vs E55[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCDsLDo4fY&feature=related"]YouTube - 03 Cobra vs E55 Rematch!![/ame]

Comparing prices is worthless as well. You can mod the heck out of a lawn mower for half the cost above and a$$ rape a Cobra, bla bla bla.

I would take my pullied E55 over a pullied Cobra any day on the street from a dig and unless the Cobra has an ET on the back it will be down 3 to 4 cars at 120. On the track a Cobra shines because a tire can be run ridding traction issues but don't try and compare track times to street runs because I have $1000 says a typical pullied E55 compared to pullied Cobra even with a port is going to be playing catch-up from a dig and about square from a roll pending the speed and traction issues of the Cobra.

Bottom line, you're knocking a car you have no idea about yet say they can't because you haven't saw one. :shrug:

Full weight Pullied E55s on a DR have went into the 10s and lots of full weight twinscrew Cobras on just a DR manage to slip into the 10s and on the street, E55 is going to have less traction issues that make them shine on the street giving Cobra owners hell as they try to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread