03 Eaton VS 03 KB

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
My car is Sonic blue, His car is DSG

My mods: 2.76 pulley, stage 4 port, Auto, solidaxle.
His mods, KB 23PSI, 6speed, solid axle.

I was locking my converter way to early and he will pull on me.

Enjoy
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/slow-roll-with-an-auto-03_156463.htm"]slow roll with an auto 03 - Video[/ame]
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dig-race-with-auto-03_156464.htm"]dig race with auto 03 - Video[/ame]

Nino S

Established Member
great vid and great runs!! 11.15 with your car with the heaton is impressive!! any future plans for a whipple/kb/turbo?

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
I had no idea an Eaton cobra can keep up with a KB. That's impressive... how the hell do you pull that off

Jefe

Established Member
Teach me your driving ways. Damn man!!!

Drewzilla

Established Member
I had no idea an Eaton cobra can keep up with a KB. That's impressive... how the hell do you pull that off

Im assuming a decent amount of weight reduction and not screwing up a shift lol. Awesome runs. That thing is fast for what you have.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
What weight reduction mods do you have? I had the same power mods, and ran almost an identical time with my car but I know I couldn't stick with a KB car at 23lbs.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
If you guys would take a moment to READ you would realize that the Sonic Blue Eaton car has an automatic transmission.

A properly built auto car will trounce a similarly built six-speed car 9 out of 10 times in everything but a high speed roll-race.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
If you guys would take a moment to READ you would realize that the Sonic Blue Eaton car has an automatic transmission.

A properly built auto car will trounce a similarly built six-speed car 9 out of 10 times in everything but a high speed roll-race.

I saw it was an automatic... I asked because I wasn't sure if an Automatic transmition really makes THAT much of a difference. We are taking close to 150hp difference btw the 2 cars

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
wow thats awsome! props to you for sticking with a twin screw car with only an heaton and an auto!

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
I saw it was an automatic... I asked because I wasn't sure if an Automatic transmition really makes THAT much of a difference. We are taking close to 150hp difference btw the 2 cars

It was mainly directed towards the guys that posted just after you, but automatics make a huge difference especially on the street. They just put down torque more effectively than a manual transmission. This is all assuming it shifts decent & has a properly sized torque converter.

I have been looking at doing an auto swap in my Cobra for awhile now but it costs about 5 grand :eek:

mr2cam

Established Member
Umm even though he has an auto I highly doubt he was trapping 127mph with 450rwhp and full weight, I am betting that he has weight reduction.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

A properly setup auto will shift much faster than is possible with any six speed. But that auto that has a 150 hp dissadvantage shouldn't be where it is unless it also has a weight advantage. He ran the exact time I ran in my car with the same power mods, but I still had the six speed and IRS. I know my car wouldn't pull on a KB car at 23lbs as it sat back then, not even now.

Users who are viewing this thread