03 Eaton VS 03 KB

scancion

Established Member
You have more than 450whp with a port and 2.76. I have 447whp with just a 2.8 pulley (not ported) and catted X.

Yea but he has an auto so the numbers will be lower... He is losing HP from the swap, but it obviously doesnt matter.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
You've got to think about this a little differently, they are not racing peak horsepower vs. peak horsepower, they are racing average horsepower over the entire race. A properly set up auto (like this one) is going to have a big advantage in hp & tq at the very beginning of the race & it carries ALL of its momentum through each shift. They actually have to go through a couple of gears before the 6-speed twinscrew car starts to turn the tables on that average, the longer the race the more advantagious for the twinscrew.

Nice car & setup btw.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
He would start losing when he would lock up the converter. It was pulling the rpms down out of his powre band. I personally never seen any advantage from locking up the converter. I've tried it on two different cars and never picked up anything from it at the track. A good friend tried it both ways on the dyno and did show more to the rear tires. I don't recall his results at the track.

Nice car and nice setup!!!

O I see. . . . . somewhat. I know nothing when it comes to autos.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
You've got to think about this a little differently, they are not racing peak horsepower vs. peak horsepower, they are racing average horsepower over the entire race. A properly set up auto (like this one) is going to have a big advantage in hp & tq at the very beginning of the race & it carries ALL of its momentum through each shift. They actually have to go through a couple of gears before the 6-speed twinscrew car starts to turn the tables on that average, the longer the race the more advantagious for the twinscrew.

Nice car & setup btw.
Thanks, well said.

This goes to show you how much dyno numbers mean.
Exatcly.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Unless it's something like a C4, Powerglide, Cheetah transmission or something like that to where the car is running in the Outlaw 10.5 class or Pro Stock, I don't see a street auto with less HP beating up on a street manual.

Every auto vs manual race i've seen, of course the auto would jump out about a car and a half, but due to the nature of the beast, and the stick being able to be held to redline every gear, the manual would catch him at half track and pull about 2 cars.

Maybe you guys didn't race a whole quarter, if so I think the margin of victory would've been different favoring the manual. Now if ya'll raced an 1/8 distance or something, then of course it would be a closer race. KB car needs a short throw and shift faster.

Either way, your car is badass and one I would gladly take when in traffic.....:thumbsup:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
My car is Sonic blue, His car is DSG

My mods: 2.76 pulley, stage 4 port, Auto, solidaxle.
His mods, KB 23PSI, 6speed, solid axle.

I was locking my converter way to early and he will pull on me.

Enjoy
slow roll with an auto 03 - Video
dig race with auto 03 - Video
Is that you Alamo?
Your car is a killer.
Think the KB should of taken it, but your driving skills are awesome.
I've seen your car in vids by the previous owner.
Jeff

Last edited:

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Unless it's something like a C4, Powerglide, Cheetah transmission or something like that to where the car is running in the Outlaw 10.5 class or Pro Stock, I don't see a street auto with less HP beating up on a street manual.

Every auto vs manual race i've seen, of course the auto would jump out about a car and a half, but due to the nature of the beast, and the stick being able to be held to redline every gear, the manual would catch him at half track and pull about 2 cars.

Maybe you guys didn't race a whole quarter, if so I think the margin of victory would've been different favoring the manual. Now if ya'll raced an 1/8 distance or something, then of course it would be a closer race. KB car needs a short throw and shift faster.

Either way, your car is badass and one I would gladly take when in traffic.....:thumbsup:

Imagine If I have same power he does how bad I would beat him.
Stick cars are fast when you buy a slow car from factory but faster you go and more power u add to the car it will slow you down. I had 03 Cobra that made more power than this one but my best time was 11.30 130mph, it was fast from roll but I would have to play catch up on every race from dig.

I went 11.1 with this car at least 10 times with shity 60foots and 30 F weather.

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
manual gets the jump from a dig, auto from a roll?

Its cool to see the outcome of drastically different set ups on the same vehicle. Suprised me for sure.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
manual gets the jump from a dig, auto from a roll?

Its cool to see the outcome of drastically different set ups on the same vehicle. Suprised me for sure.

It was just a quick little race. we raced for fun not to fight whos car is better.

trey193

Established Member
Asmir great looking car and it flat rolls out for what it has done. Who built that tranny?? Sounds like it shifts really good and hard. Great looking ride , throw some NX on that Auto setup like your old ride and hang on. You gonna roll out to WSC next month right????? See ya there!

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Asmir great looking car and it flat rolls out for what it has done. Who built that tranny?? Sounds like it shifts really good and hard. Great looking ride , throw some NX on that Auto setup like your old ride and hang on. You gonna roll out to WSC next month right????? See ya there!

Thanks. See you at WSC, U bringing your car down here?

Last edited:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Nice runs.

I was expecting the auto to do better from a dig and the KB Cobra to win from a roll. But the outcome was totally opposite. :shrug:

longrodLX

Established Member

:lol:
I really hope you are joking. A properly setup auto is faster than a 6 speed everytime. You cannot shift faster than an automatic. even with a short throw shifter lol I still cant stop laughing.

I just wish peple werent so caught up in the whole dyno numbers racing. Racing is the only way to tell how fast you are. theres no excuses......theres no well i make more hp or all that other BS

Users who are viewing this thread