03 Eaton VS 03 KB

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Umm even though he has an auto I highly doubt he was trapping 127mph with 450rwhp and full weight, I am betting that he has weight reduction.

I agree that the numbers and times don't make sense. But I doubt he is only making 450rwhp, I'd say factoring in the extra loss of the auto tranny he is probably still making 480rwhp.

GodStang

Established Member
A properly setup auto will shift much faster than is possible with any six speed. But that auto that has a 150 hp dissadvantage shouldn't be where it is unless it also has a weight advantage. He ran the exact time I ran in my car with the same power mods, but I still had the six speed and IRS. I know my car wouldn't pull on a KB car at 23lbs as it sat back then, not even now.

Want to find out??

I have loss to cars with 300-400 less hp because of lack of traction. Its not that hard.

Great looking car though.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I agree that the numbers and times don't make sense. But I doubt he is only making 450rwhp, I'd say factoring in the extra loss of the auto tranny he is probably still making 480rwhp.

+666

echo412

Established Member
You have more than 450whp with a port and 2.76. I have 447whp with just a 2.8 pulley (not ported) and catted X.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Very nice run for what you have. It seems he started getting you as soon as you were in 3rd.

Why did you decide to go with the auto? Do you drag race a lot or something?

LaserRed94

Established Member
Very nice run for what you have. It seems he started getting you as soon as you were in 3rd.

Why did you decide to go with the auto? Do you drag race a lot or something?

He would start losing when he would lock up the converter. It was pulling the rpms down out of his powre band. I personally never seen any advantage from locking up the converter. I've tried it on two different cars and never picked up anything from it at the track. A good friend tried it both ways on the dyno and did show more to the rear tires. I don't recall his results at the track.

Nice car and nice setup!!!

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Ok guys, There is no weight reduction in my car. I dont know the horsepower in my car but it pulls good, I was just guessing on 450 rwhp. I used to have a Eaton cobra with Nitrous and it was slower than this car in 1/4 mile. I have 3800 stall in this car I guess that helps. I have bassani X-pipe and Dumps. Everything else is stock on the car. Gears help to.
I m geting lower pulley this week and I hope for 130+ traps. I dont know what car weights since is auto, solid axle and prostars on it should be lighter than regular cobra. He was on 17 stock wheels.

I traped 127mph, 125, 126 mph on every pass. it will trap 99mph in 1/8 on every pass.
Auto makes a big difference on cobras if you ask me.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
He would start losing when he would lock up the converter. It was pulling the rpms down out of his powre band. I personally never seen any advantage from locking up the converter. I've tried it on two different cars and never picked up anything from it at the track. A good friend tried it both ways on the dyno and did show more to the rear tires. I don't recall his results at the track.

Nice car and nice setup!!!

Thanks. I was locking it way to early, At the track I have to lock it on top of 3rd gear since I m running out off gear.

mr2cam

Established Member
Ok guys, There is no weight reduction in my car. I dont know the horsepower in my car but it pulls good, I was just guessing on 450 rwhp. I used to have a Eaton cobra with Nitrous and it was slower than this car in 1/4 mile. I have 3800 stall in this car I guess that helps. I have bassani X-pipe and Dumps. Everything else is stock on the car. Gears help to.
I m geting lower pulley this week and I hope for 130+ traps. I dont know what car weights since is auto, solid axle and prostars on it should be lighter than regular cobra. He was on 17 stock wheels.

I traped 127mph, 125, 126 mph on every pass. it will trap 99mph in 1/8 on every pass.
Auto makes a big difference on cobras if you ask me.

Well since you don't have any weight reduction and you trapped 127 I am guessing your making closer to like 480rwhp, maybe even more.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Well since you don't have any weight reduction and you trapped 127 I am guessing your making closer to like 480rwhp, maybe even more.

I guess, never dynoed the car, my friend tunes it on the street.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think that KB cars needs a tune because it's sick! Your car with the auto should pay off from a dig and not from a roll. It seems you should've gotten raped if you ask me.

Sorry someone had to say it.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
I think that KB cars needs a tune because it's sick! Your car with the auto should pay off from a dig and not from a roll. It seems you should've gotten raped if you ask me.

Sorry someone had to say it.

Believe it or not. I raced 3 whipple cobras also, Beat two from roll, and was dead even with one.

That KB cobra is way to rich and blows black smoke everywhere and he needs a tune.
Its all for fun. My goal is to run 10s on eaton and than I m going to add bottle after that.

Users who are viewing this thread