'03 Kenne Bell'd DSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Wow... sorry I didn't pay more attention to this thread. My bad. In any case, it seems I have some updates to give.

I've posted this a couple of times in the past 18 months or so. Seems the first time I was near a sale so I took it to a local dyno to make sure it was making the advertised (by the guy I bought the car from) 600+ whp. I did this mainly because the car felt weak in comparison to the previous Terminator I had. As feared it was only making 430+ and managing just 11 lbs of boost instead of the believe 19. The dyno is at a local college and didn't feel comfortable diagnosing the problem. Further, I didn't know of any shops in the area that could. At that point I contacted the potential buyer, told him of the problem and said I wasn't comfortable selling until it was resolved. Last summer I found a shop 250 miles way that resolved the boost issue.

My memory isn't great about the second attempt except that there was a bunch of interest (some reasonably local) but most really weren't players. The one guy who seemed serious until his bank told him they wouldn't loan him 100% of my asking price (probably the same 22K as now). This, by the way, seems to be a common issue with "buyers". BTW, not a soul who showed interest ever showed up to view the car.

Cut to yesterday. Member "CallMeWonder" (who posted a few ago) shows up with his girlfriend to pick up the car. We'd agreed on a price against my description of the car which he decided was bad. The thing he didn't like was the line "as near perfect as a 12 year-old car can be" or something close. When he showed, one of the first things he talked about was buyers who make offers without seeing what they're buying and how stupid that was. He then decided to go over the car (which took maybe 45 minutes). When it came time to give him the keys he decided to point out things he didn't like. He found a small imperfection in one rim (I was unaware of it as I'd paid a shop to redo these rims and didn't check their work) and a crack in the upper brake light (another thing I honestly never noticed). Every other issue he had could be resolved by a detail (first thing I told him when he showed was that I'd throw $100 at one). He whined about a dusty engine bay and trunk mats that, due to age, don't fit precisely. After all of this, he said he talked to his dad (?) who told him to offer 20K. Jeezus, if the car is really THAT bad, why offer anything? And why, after talking about how much he hated buyers like himself, did he be like one?

I have zero patience with buyers like this. He expected a Barrett-Jackson car for punk money. The thousand bucks had nothing to do with it - it was all about his attitude and arrogance. For god's sake, how could he miss the 200K worth of vehicles in my garage and driveway when he showed up?

Belles1983, I sent you that email because I was certain yesterday's kid was going to walk his talk. He didn't. I'm driving the car to Bellevue tomorrow and will be there until Thursday afternoon. I'd love for you to view it and give your opinion here.

The truth is, the car is in the condition I say in every way that matters. If the fact that I don't have the engine bay detailed every other month bothers buyers, let me know and I'll remove this ad, drive the shit out of it for another 50K miles, then sell it for 15K.

mike310

Established Member
callmewonder, i think the issue was you were trying to lowball someone on a really badass car. but thats just my 2cents. 20k is laughable. SICK CAR.....

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No, here's the issue, its' you. I have zero patience with sellers like you Ass Eyes! You haven't looked at this thread in forever. I was tempted to close it, but I really want everyone to see this.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
No, here's the issue, its' you. I have zero patience with sellers like you Ass Eyes! You haven't looked at this thread in forever. I was tempted to close it, but I really want everyone to see this.

Well, 03, the reason I haven't looked is that it seems anyone serious would send me an IM. Anyone who did got a response and most got several including my email and/or phone number for further conversation if it made sense.

I didn't really expect I'd have to defend myself against big-talking, non-players but here it is and so am I. What else can I help you with?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I love this car and the YouTube video that made me have Cobra fever even worse..which led to me buying mine

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
A couple more things.

Recently there was another "buyer" that I had a deal with. I repeatedly told him "cash or something we can immediately turn into cash before you get the keys". He also repeatedly ignored this until it was days before he was to fly (?) to get it. When he finally decided to pay attention, he decided I was being unrealistic/stupid/rigid/you-name-it and tantrum-ed out. Seems I made a thread on that in Roadside but I'm too lazy to look. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy posted in this thread.

Also, I think CallMeWonder is probably a nice kid. I didn't like the way this ended but it's done now. I do have a suggestion for buyers like him: when responding include an "anal retentive" factor. Honestly, had he once said "I expect this car to run better than new (it does) and win a show right out of your garage" I would have been able to either save time on both sides or I'd have scheduled a detail though that didn't make sense since he would immediately be driving over a mountain pass, most likely in rain and possibly snow (like the previous week I was there).

As a seller, I'll include my AR factor from now on to maybe level out expectations.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Can we get the vin??? Thanks in advance

Thanks for asking but, honestly, I've had so many bad experiences trying to sell on this site, I think I'm better just driving it. If Belles1983 was serious, I'll keep my word to him but other than that, it's a wrap.

Mod, when you deem it reasonable, please remove this thread. Further, be assured I'm done trying to sell here. Thanks.

CallMeWonder

Established Member
A couple more things.

Recently there was another "buyer" that I had a deal with. I repeatedly told him "cash or something we can immediately turn into cash before you get the keys". He also repeatedly ignored this until it was days before he was to fly (?) to get it. When he finally decided to pay attention, he decided I was being unrealistic/stupid/rigid/you-name-it and tantrum-ed out. Seems I made a thread on that in Roadside but I'm too lazy to look. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy posted in this thread.

Also, I think CallMeWonder is probably a nice kid. I didn't like the way this ended but it's done now. I do have a suggestion for buyers like him: when responding include an "anal retentive" factor. Honestly, had he once said "I expect this car to run better than new (it does) and win a show right out of your garage" I would have been able to either save time on both sides or I'd have scheduled a detail though that didn't make sense since he would immediately be driving over a mountain pass, most likely in rain and possibly snow (like the previous week I was there).

As a seller, I'll include my AR factor from now on to maybe level out expectations.

thank you for taking time out of your weekend to show me the car. I hope you would have listened to what I had to say instead of telling us to leave and have a nice drive home. good luck with the sale it is a nice car

1badton

Established Member
Da

Sick car or not mike310 if the offer was in a respectful manner then he should of declined the offer and went from there, but it seams the people he have delt with him have another story. Including the moderators. There is another reason why people have asked for the VIN# it seams that there is an issue with the carfax and if I rememeber correctly it was the mileage. Mind you, that doesn't bother me but i recently found out that there are other issues with the car. If I was gona lay down cash or get a loan for such a sick car it better be taken care of. So far I've been learning that there are 3 kinds of termi's out there, 1, the KBB people like dealers. 2, the trending market sellers ( I like these guys truthful for a bad ass car) and 3, the people (like in my state) who think a pretty much bone stock 03/04 termi should go for 27k with 75k miles on them? (Gilroy) hum. To put it nicely, If you haven't delt with mister impaient like others have, then try and buy the sick car and resell it. He uses his bad experiences on this forum for just another excuse not to post the vin. Prove me wrong.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I've had smooth transactions in the past with Ass Eyes.

But on the flip side, if you've had a car for sale for 18+ months and it isn't sold yet, I HIGHLY doubt it's all because of problems with potential buyers. You either have the car overpriced for what it really is, or you're hard to deal with. That's not to say the kid in this thread wasn't arrogant or unreasonable when you met him, but i doubt ALL the potential buyers were problems.

If you really wanted to move the car, it would be sold in a couple months at most if the price was reasonable. Cobras are pretty high demand mustangs, especially one in the condition it's described with those miles and a KB. I mean that thing should fly off the market at $22K. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:

TMFWADE

Established Member
I have a WTB ad that describes this car (go figure). If you're not wanting to sell on this site that is your choice and there are tons and tons of tire kickers and the "I'll have the money next week" guy, but I agree. This post needs some sun cuz it's shady AF. GLWS. Bad ass car.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I've had smooth transactions in the past with Ass Eyes.

But on the flip side, if you've had a car for sale for 18+ months and it isn't sold yet, I HIGHLY doubt it's all because of problems with potential buyers. You either have the car overpriced for what it really is, or you're hard to deal with. That's not to say the kid in this thread wasn't arrogant or unreasonable when you met him, but i doubt ALL the potential buyers were problems.

If you really wanted to move the car, it would be sold in a couple months at most if the price was reasonable. Cobras are pretty high demand mustangs, especially one in the condition it's described with those miles and a KB. I mean that thing should fly off the market at $22K. Something is rotten in Denmark.

I disagree. I don't think it had anything to do with the owner being hard to work with OR the car being over-priced. Both seem reasonable. If you look at the thread, months have gone by before its been bumped by people looking back several pages for it. The seller just hasn't been motivated to move it. I have had things listed for sale that got burried 3 pages back before someone bumps them. I haven't been motivated to sell some things, just had them for sale and then I get the same B.S that its been "for sale for month" so "It must be over-priced" lol things get burried fast here and if you're not always bumping it, they get lost

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
It got lost here because the seller was ousted on the miles. I'm honestly amazed at how many people are still trying to buy this car, based on that fact alone. If he's willing to lie about the miles, then what else is there? He wants to sell it to someone who doesn't know anything about the car, and doesn't know about this forum, as indicated by refusal to sell to individuals who obviously have an understanding about Cobras.

Zemedici

Established Member
I disagree. I don't think it had anything to do with the owner being hard to work with OR the car being over-priced. Both seem reasonable. If you look at the thread, months have gone by before its been bumped by people looking back several pages for it. The seller just hasn't been motivated to move it. I have had things listed for sale that got burried 3 pages back before someone bumps them. I haven't been motivated to sell some things, just had them for sale and then I get the same B.S that its been "for sale for month" so "It must be over-priced" lol things get burried fast here and if you're not always bumping it, they get lost

If you're not actively trying to sell something why take the time to even post it for sale? Not many things are more irritating than when you're trying to purchase something, give someone your money and they won't give you the time of day.

It got lost here because the seller was ousted on the miles. I'm honestly amazed at how many people are still trying to buy this car, based on that fact alone. If he's willing to lie about the miles, then what else is there? He wants to sell it to someone who doesn't know anything about the car, and doesn't know about this forum, as indicated by refusal to sell to individuals who obviously have an understanding about Cobras.

This. Seems shady.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
If you're not actively trying to sell something why take the time to even post it for sale? Not many things are more irritating than when you're trying to purchase something, give someone your money and they won't give you the time of day.

This. Seems shady.

Personal preference. I have had wheels that I don't mind having, but if they were to sell I would go another route and not be heart broken, headers that I have had and not yet installed (bigger project) and can't decided if I would rather sell them and put the money somewhere else OR go all out and do an entire k member swap, things of that nature. Everyone is different. Doesn't mean they are shady. Maybe one day you will see that people don't always have your same mindset lol

P.S. I've never held money or responses from people. I've gotten right back to them and shipped immediately, so obviously your sterotype isn't always accurate either. :coolman:

Last edited:

CallMeWonder

Established Member
Glad to see that people are seeing what I'm seeing with this seller. I don't want to keep bumping this thread as OP seems to have closed it, nor do I want to argue with OP. But he keeps making me out to be some bullshit buyer that only has X amount of money and am talking bad about his car to make a deal, and this makes me angry.

We agree'd on price and I had full intention of buying the car. His ad says "Car is in as perfect condition as a non-new car can be" or along those lines. He said this in the CL ad, he took it down but I have it printed out. Since he is no longer selling it and has taken off the market:

this car is no where near perfect and I was appalled when I got there and saw it. The paint is waaaay too scuffed up for a 33k mile car. Scuffs and scratches everywhere. 3rd brake light is cracked. Wheels have been refinished to fix curb rash(an actual, honest seller would disclose this before a buyer drives 4 hours). On top of the refinishing, the driver's side rear wheel has curb rash and the lip is bent. Chin spoiler is just about done

When I inspected the trunk, I made the decision that I cannot pay what we agree'd on. All the trunk upholstery is torn every which way. None of the plastic pins that hold up the fabric are there. The sound deadening insulation is falling off behind the rear seats. The plastic trim piece that goes around the trunk latch is being held on by 1 of 4 pins. Other 3 pins arent there nor are the thingys(?) in which they go in.

I was pretty surprised so I called my dad and asked for his advice since hes bought/sold 10x as many cars as I have. He said that the car is not in the condition for the price you agree'd on so you shouldn't pay that much. I agree'd on a price for a car that is "...as perfect condition as a non-new car can be". This car was not perfect.

I told him that I can give him x for the car(lower than out agree'd price). After this, he just wen't berserker on me and my sister. He told us that he hates us and to have a nice drive home. "I won't even sell you this car for 22k so you can leave." He said those exact words. He kept going off on how he wasn't going to do this and on and on. I had to actually ask him to please let me talk. I told him that the car is seriously different than how he is advertising it and that it has some considerable differences I'm concerned about. I told him the ad doesn't mention any of the damage at all, nor the mess that the trunk is. He told me that the car is 15 years old and that I should've expected it. He began slamming the doors and hood shut and I knew that he was very angry so we left.

I admit I was wrong for lowering our price but I think he is wrong for not disclosing all these things with the car. Instead, he expected me to "expect it on a 15 year old car".

Also: I also asked him about the mileage issue and he immediately began swearing at me accusing me of being a scammer.

(I dont know why me email had a different name and I dont blame him for having his suspicions.)

He then began interviewing me telling me to tell him the previous owner's name. He said I have "once chance". He later apologized for this but, seriously?

I didnt want to type this up on a thread that's been closed and just wanted to put it behind me. But I'm not going to sit here and get called a punk kid by OP when he is acting like a righteous god who has to deal with all these people.

I think someone with common sense knows the common denominator in all these situations with people trying to purchase this car.

Attachments

• yIiuW2l.png
    yIiuW2l.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Glad to see that people are seeing what I'm seeing with this seller. I don't want to keep bumping this thread as OP seems to have closed it, nor do I want to argue with OP. But he keeps making me out to be some bullshit buyer that only has X amount of money and am talking bad about his car to make a deal, and this makes me angry.

We agree'd on price and I had full intention of buying the car. His ad says "Car is in as perfect condition as a non-new car can be" or along those lines. He said this in the CL ad, he took it down but I have it printed out. Since he is no longer selling it and has taken off the market:

this car is no where near perfect and I was appalled when I got there and saw it. The paint is waaaay too scuffed up for a 33k mile car. Scuffs and scratches everywhere. 3rd brake light is cracked. Wheels have been refinished to fix curb rash(an actual, honest seller would disclose this before a buyer drives 4 hours). On top of the refinishing, the driver's side rear wheel has curb rash and the lip is bent. Chin spoiler is just about done

When I inspected the trunk, I made the decision that I cannot pay what we agree'd on. All the trunk upholstery is torn every which way. None of the plastic pins that hold up the fabric are there. The sound deadening insulation is falling off behind the rear seats. The plastic trim piece that goes around the trunk latch is being held on by 1 of 4 pins. Other 3 pins arent there nor are the thingys(?) in which they go in.

I was pretty surprised so I called my dad and asked for his advice since hes bought/sold 10x as many cars as I have. He said that the car is not in the condition for the price you agree'd on so you shouldn't pay that much. I agree'd on a price for a car that is "...as perfect condition as a non-new car can be". This car was not perfect.

I told him that I can give him x for the car(lower than out agree'd price). After this, he just wen't berserker on me and my sister. He told us that he hates us and to have a nice drive home. "I won't even sell you this car for 22k so you can leave." He said those exact words. He kept going off on how he wasn't going to do this and on and on. I had to actually ask him to please let me talk. I told him that the car is seriously different than how he is advertising it and that it has some considerable differences I'm concerned about. I told him the ad doesn't mention any of the damage at all, nor the mess that the trunk is. He told me that the car is 15 years old and that I should've expected it. He began slamming the doors and hood shut and I knew that he was very angry so we left.

I admit I was wrong for lowering our price but I think he is wrong for not disclosing all these things with the car. Instead, he expected me to "expect it on a 15 year old car".

Also: I also asked him about the mileage issue and he immediately began swearing at me accusing me of being a scammer.

(I dont know why me email had a different name and I dont blame him for having his suspicions.)

He then began interviewing me telling me to tell him the previous owner's name. He said I have "once chance". He later apologized for this but, seriously?

I didnt want to type this up on a thread that's been closed and just wanted to put it behind me. But I'm not going to sit here and get called a punk kid by OP when he is acting like a righteous god who has to deal with all these people.

I think someone with common sense knows the common denominator in all these situations with people trying to purchase this car.

Dang. Sorry this happened to you. I do recall the car being "under a car cover at a car port" for awhile, so maybe that's where all the scuffs came from. I've followed it around since I fell in love with the YouTube video..IF this is even that same car..

From my records, he said, and I quote,
"The car is as nice as an 11 year-old can be - no excuses whatsoever."

Here is the ad from one of the owners:

I’m listing my 2003 Mustang Cobra for sale as I really don’t drive it anymore. I absolutely love this car, but because my daily commute is so far and being that my job is in downtown Houston, driving a lowered Cobra isn’t the most convenient thing to do. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle, just that it sits 90% of the time under a car cover under the carport. I am the 3rd owner and personally, I have not raced this car at the drag strip. I have ran it through the gears on the street, but never dead-hooked at a drag strip. The previous had built the car to run at the strip (reason for the cage) but never got the chance to as he got busy with his MBA program and stopped driving the car as well (his reason for selling).

The Cobra has not been driven in the rain and is meticulously maintained. It is handwashed only and detailed often with only the best of products and I think it shows in the quality of the paint. Being that I do live in Houston, there are a few rock chips in the lower bumper and nicks on the heat exchanger, but other than that, the paint is flawless. Being that the car is driven so rarely, the seats and interior are in immaculate condition. There is a scratch on one of the seats that was there when I got it, but it hasn’t gotten any worse in the year I’ve had it.

The Cobra is MINT and only has 28013.4 miles on it right now. When it sells to the next owner, it will not have more than 28050.0 miles on it. I drive it that little and is the reason I’m selling. I will not accept trades for the car. It does have a lien on it through USAA and I can work with the next potential owner on getting that squared away. I’m not looking to **** anybody over and I know there are certain apprehensions buyers have with a car that has a lien on it so anything I can do to help alleviate those concerns I will do.

Now, on to what mods the Cobra has:
632rwhp
542ft-lbs

Wheels & Tires
CCW Classic 18.10.5 Rear Wheels
CCW Classic 18.9 Front Wheels
Toyo Drag Radials - rear tires
Toyo Proxes front tires

Induction
Kenne Bell 2.2L Supercharger
JLT Ram Air Intake
SCT 2400 MAF
Accufab Throttle Body
Snub Idler Bracket & Pulley
PCV Delete

Exhaust
Bassani Mufflers and Tips
Bassani Midpipe (Interchangeable)

Fuel
KB Boost-A-Pump
Wiring Upgrade
Dual Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pumps & Hat
Sieman Decka 63# Injectors

Driveline
8.8" Built Rear end (moser axles, 3.73 gears)
Maximum Motorspoints Coilovers (all 4)
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch
26 Spline Input Shaft + Shim Kit
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Driveshaft Loop
Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit

Suspension
Maximum Motorsports Rollcage
MM Caster Camber Plates
Subframe Connectors

Cooling
LFP Heat Exchanger
Head Cooling Mod

Appearance
Speed of Sound Pillar Pod
Bumper Inserts
Grill Emblem
Tinted Windows
AeroForce Gauges (2)

Misc
Tune (performed by Cody @ StangHi Performance)
SCT Xcal 2 Tuner

Price that I am asking, and feel is justified due to low miles and mods: $24,500. To build a car with this level of detail with these mods would cost you at least double the cost, if you could even find a 03 Cobra with these few of miles any longer. If you are interested, please send me an offer and we can see if we can work something out.

And now pics! There is a full album over on flickr of pics under my carport: 2003 Cobra - a set on Flickr

Here is a video walkaround of the car:
2003 KB 2.2 Cobra Walkaround | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here are the pics from when I purchased it and it looks exactly the same as it did the day I purchased it.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Personal preference. I have had wheels that I don't mind having, but if they were to sell I would go another route and not be heart broken, headers that I have had and not yet installed (bigger project) and can't decided if I would rather sell them and put the money somewhere else OR go all out and do an entire k member swap, things of that nature. Everyone is different. Doesn't mean they are shady. Maybe one day you will see that people don't always have your same mindset lol

P.S. I've never held money or responses from people. I've gotten right back to them and shipped immediately, so obviously your sterotype isn't always accurate either. :coolman:

Easy there, hotshot. I wasn't stereotyping anyone. I was saying if you're not motivated to sell an item then you shouldn't waste a potential buyers time, dont you agree? The way you described yourself as a seller wouldn't mean you fall into this category, so what's it to you? Do you have these same business practices that are shown above?

This forum is a community, and we look out for one another as well as hook each other up. And we'd like to keep these trends going, hence the reasons for posts/threads like this one. Shows the real sides of certain users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread