'03 Kenne Bell'd DSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeWonder

Established Member
Just wanted to get my part out there. I think we should end it here guys, OP has taken it off of here and craigslist and that's it.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Easy there, hotshot. I wasn't stereotyping anyone. I was saying if you're not motivated to sell an item then you shouldn't waste a potential buyers time, dont you agree? The way you described yourself as a seller wouldn't mean you fall into this category, so what's it to you? Do you have these same business practices that are shown above?

This forum is a community, and we look out for one another as well as hook each other up. And we'd like to keep these trends going, hence the reasons for posts/threads like this one. Shows the real sides of certain users.

You said it again! You are accusing people who are "not motivated to sell" as those who are wasting other's time. Once again, not all people who don't bump their ad several times a day are wasting people's time. Get it? Yes, I described myself as not one to waste time, you then say I'm not in that category anymore, but you still seem to think people who are not motivated to sell are time wasters. Not true.

Last edited:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
C
You said it again! You are accusing people who are "not motivated to sell" as those who are wasting other's time. Once again, not all people who don't bump their ad several times a day are wasting people's time. Get it? Yes, I described myself as not one to waste time, you then say I'm not in that category anymore, but you still seem to think people who are not motivated to sell are time wasters. Not true.

Not motivated to sell is MUCH more than just not bumping the thread. Not replying to potential buyers, not responding to questions on the thread after several days, etc etc. Don't over-simplify what was actually done here for the "no motivation to sell" comment was thrown out.

With that said, everyone should breathe a sigh of relief that he wasn't motivated and you don't own a car that has potentially had its miles rolled back along with whatever other issues it could have.

Zemedici

Established Member
C

Not motivated to sell is MUCH more than just not bumping the thread. Not replying to potential buyers, not responding to questions on the thread after several days, etc etc. Don't over-simplify what was actually done here for the "no motivation to sell" comment was thrown out.

With that said, everyone should breathe a sigh of relief that he wasn't motivated and you don't own a car that has potentially had its miles rolled back along with whatever other issues it could have.

Thank you. Maybe he'll understand when you explain it. :beer: hahaha

And +1

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Let's get the Carfax/Autocheck thing out of the way first. You saw what CallMeWonder posted. Here's relevant Autocheck stuff:

ac2.png

You all saw the video made by the guy who did the mods. That video shows he bought the car w/ just below 10K miles in August of 2008. The Carfax and Autocheck reports show 102K plus in August of 2008. I believe he bought it, drove a few hundred miles home, went to the DOL at some point and gave them a title and reported mileage of 10,2xx and that the DOL entered it incorrectly. Note that both services have different numbers for the 2011 reporting. I can tell you I bought it in 2012 (might've been 2013) w/ 27K from an ad here. I didn't register it until last summer (I hate paying sales tax on things that have already had tax paid on them).

On a related note, here's an email snippet with Belles1983 right after I found out about the Carfax (my emails were the 1st and 3rd in this image):

belles.png

1BadTon, I trust this resolves your interest in my car. If not, the VIN is clearly readable in a couple of places above. If that's not good enough, one or both of the members I mention in this post got a pic of the door decal that includes the VIN. I'm sure they'll share if you ask.

Back to CallMeWonder. Read what he wrote. Read it all and think about what you've read. Once done, ask yourself if there's any way in Hell you'd pay 20K for a car in the condition he states mine is in. That was the offer he made just before I sent him home. His gross exaggeration along with his leaving out of two fairly important points:

1. I apologized both in email and in person for suggesting he was a scammer.
2. He mentions the Carfax without also saying he, too, was sure it was an error. Again, add his description of the car's condition to a belief that true mileage was well above 100K. Do those two things add up to a 20K offer?

He's done nothing but try to sweeten his side of the story, probably because I slapped him down in his attempted power-play in front of his woman. His comments at my house and here make him out to be a trust-fund kid who didn't get his way and is now doing his best to save some face.

Attachments

• ac1.png
    ac1.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Let's get the Carfax/Autocheck thing out of the way first. You saw what CallMeWonder posted. Here's relevant Autocheck stuff:

View attachment 42321

You all saw the video made by the guy who did the mods. That video shows he bought the car w/ just below 10K miles in August of 2008. The Carfax and Autocheck reports show 102K plus in August of 2008. I believe he bought it, drove a few hundred miles home, went to the DOL at some point and gave them a title and reported mileage of 10,2xx and that the DOL entered it incorrectly. Note that both services have different numbers for the 2011 reporting. I can tell you I bought it in 2012 (might've been 2013) w/ 27K from an ad here. I didn't register it until last summer (I hate paying sales tax on things that have already had tax paid on them).

On a related note, here's an email snippet with Belles1983 right after I found out about the Carfax (my emails were the 1st and 3rd in this image):

View attachment 42322

1BadTon, I trust this resolves your interest in my car. If not, the VIN is clearly readable in a couple of places above. If that's not good enough, one or both of the members I mention in this post got a pic of the door decal that includes the VIN. I'm sure they'll share if you ask.

Back to CallMeWonder. Read what he wrote. Read it all and think about what you've read. Once done, ask yourself if there's any way in Hell you'd pay 20K for a car in the condition he states mine is in. That was the offer he made just before I sent him home. His gross exaggeration along with his leaving out of two fairly important points:

1. I apologized both in email and in person for suggesting he was a scammer.
2. He mentions the Carfax without also saying he, too, was sure it was an error. Again, add his description of the car's condition to a belief that true mileage was well above 100K. Do those two things add up to a 20K offer?

He's done nothing but try to sweeten his side of the story, probably because I slapped him down in his attempted power-play in front of his woman. His comments at my house and here make him out to be a trust-fund kid who didn't get his way and is now doing his best to save some face.

What does it matter where he gets his money, or any of that other shit? It seems shady that you and the potential buyers have two totally different descriptions of the vehicle. And if I came to see a car and it wasn't as described, best believe I would lower my intended price. That's a wise business move, hardly a 'power play'. Its probably a good move that you're keeping the car. What kind of grown man brags about 'slapping down a kid in front of his woman'. Really dude?

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
What kind of grown man brags about 'slapping down a kid in front of his woman'. Really dude?

Maybe to you that's brag-able. To me, it's the only explanation for why he's lying.

Where he gets his money is immaterial. The way he acted and why he did is. Pay attention.

Zemedici

Established Member
Maybe to you that's brag-able. To me, it's the only explanation for why he's lying.

Where he gets his money is immaterial. The way he acted and why he did is. Pay attention.

If its immaterial then why post it? :pop:

belles1983

Established Member
Thanks for asking but, honestly, I've had so many bad experiences trying to sell on this site, I think I'm better just driving it. If Belles1983 was serious, I'll keep my word to him but other than that, it's a wrap.

Mod, when you deem it reasonable, please remove this thread. Further, be assured I'm done trying to sell here. Thanks.

Ass Eyes- I inquired about the car more than 5 months ago and have since picked up another car, so you're on you're own here chief. I was interested and was a serious cash buyer in November/December but when you went radio silent after another member questioned the mileage, red lights and sirens went off for me and every other member of this forum who were interested.

belles1983

Established Member
"On a related note, here's an email snippet with Belles1983 right after I found out about the Carfax (my emails were the 1st and 3rd in this image):"

I would also like to note that we never exchanged emails on the car. The email snippet posted is from someone who replied to the Craiglist ad on May 12th. I bought my '03 from MI in early April and I was no longer in the market for a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread