03 ported cobra vs 418 g8 gt

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I know you guys hate these kind of threads but the race should be happening this weekend so long as my intercooler pump comes in Friday and there will be video when it happens. There has been some friendly trash talking going on between me and my buddy that owns the G8. His mods consist of a 418 built block with H/C/tvs 1900@5psi. I believe he has a 3500 stall but not 100% sure. His current numbers are 539/468. We will probably do a best out of 3 from 40-120. How do you guys see this race ending? BTW my mods are in my sig. the only thing that will be different than my sig is the fact we swapped two vacuum lines on my boost bypass valve and I am now making 18.5lbs of boost instead of 17 and the boost doesn't fall off anywhere in the rpm band.

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Sounds like a close one, just don't let your car get heat soaked!

That is what i was thinking. I think neither of us should pull more than half to a full car and hopefully I get him on both of the first two races so I don't have to run him the third when i know my car would be heatsoaked.

16kOrBust

Established Member
If I had a built h/c 418 LSX motor with a blower on it and only put down 539, I'd be quite pissed. Quite.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Do you think he's sandbagging you at all? The G8 being under powered should make for a good race at least. I'll go with the Cobra on this one as long as it hooks. With more torque and less weight I'm going to guess that it jumps out and the G8 can't catch it.

Good luck and let us know!

whipplecharged0

Established Member
If I had a built h/c 418 LSX motor with a blower on it and only put down 539, I'd be quite pissed. Quite.

Well he can't push a lot of power do to his transmission. From what he has been telling me it is pointless because with the 6l80 transmission you can't build it. And even the ones that are built out there they wont hold much more than 700hp

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Do you think he's sandbagging you at all? The G8 being under powered should make for a good race at least. I'll go with the Cobra on this one as long as it hooks. With more torque and less weight I'm going to guess that it jumps out and the G8 can't catch it.

Good luck and let us know!

No I do not think he is sandbagging. Unless he spent mega bucks to have a
6l80 built for the first time. Every car he has ever had has ran very strong.

ArkLATexan

Established Member
Just popping my head in to say hello. They brought it to my attention. And to the comment that I would be pissed at running 538rwhp with a 418 and blower, I knew what was going to happen. The 418 was out of convience obviously mismatched with the little 1900. I blew up my stock short block at the track going for the G8 1/4 record which was pretty slow lol at 10.72. I sprayed a shot a litte to big and didnt adjust the fueling enough to compensate.

When I went to rebuild all machine shops were 8weeks out on a rebuild and I didnt want my car down that long. So I called Texas Speed and took a shortblock off the shelf that matched my compression needs. I would have probably made more power with a built stock cubed motor with my new cam.....infact I know I would. On stock block and 9psi I was making 491rwhp. With the cam swap I would be in very similar territory.

If yall care to ask me questions feel free. I am an open book. Oh and just for full dislosure the dyno was done after a 300 mile trip and 5 consecutive pulls tweaking with no down time so the engine and TVS were heatsoaked badly. And it was also done with my FTI 3200 stall unlocked.

click on link :D 418 and Inadequate TVS1900 at 5psi

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Just popping my head in to say hello. They brought it to my attention. And to the comment that I would be pissed at running 538rwhp with a 418 and blower, I knew what was going to happen. The 418 was out of convience obviously mismatched with the little 1900. I blew up my stock short block at the track going for the G8 1/4 record which was pretty slow lol at 10.72. I sprayed a shot a litte to big and didnt adjust the fueling enough to compensate.

When I went to rebuild all machine shops were 8weeks out on a rebuild and I didnt want my car down that long. So I called Texas Speed and took a shortblock off the shelf that matched my compression needs. I would have probably made more power with a built stock cubed motor with my new cam.....infact I know I would. On stock block and 9psi I was making 491rwhp. With the cam swap I would be in very similar territory.

If yall care to ask me questions feel free. I am an open book. Oh and just for full dislosure the dyno was done after a 300 mile trip and 5 consecutive pulls tweaking with no down time so the engine and TVS were heatsoaked badly. And it was also done with my FTI 3200 stall unlocked.

click on link :D 418 and Inadequate TVS1900 at 5psi

Bout time you showed up :beer:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i think that he would have more advantage with the auto on a dig race, not so much a roll race. Your underpowered from him, but weigh less. I'd say this will be a close one, naturally i'd love to see you win, that said- your shifting needs to be on its a game, and car needs to be running optimally (ic temps, motor temps etc)....

03snakeminated

Established Member
dude what happened at ls1tech? lol, really that wasn't a reason to get all worked up, just take it with a grain of salt, i got banned for a few days, because jokingly, i used a smiley that gives the middle finger to a fellow kb cobra owner that happens to be the admin there, and he got offended, go figure, a smiley... but oh well the boss dropped the ban hammer.. i learned not to use boosted again, lol

whipplecharged0

Established Member
dude what happened at ls1tech? lol, really that wasn't a reason to get all worked up, just take it with a grain of salt, i got banned for a few days, because jokingly, i used a smiley that gives the middle finger to a fellow kb cobra owner that happens to be the admin there, and he got offended, go figure, a smiley... but oh well the boss dropped the ban hammer.. i learned not to use boosted again, lol

I got tired of every dang time I posted anything I would get a negative response from them

Users who are viewing this thread