03 ported cobra vs 418 g8 gt

whipplecharged0

Established Member
He will still be manually shifting his car so anything can happen. And if I lose oh well, I'm expected to lose, if I win that's awesome because I am the underdog

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
My reasoning is:

He made those numbers unlocked, and heatsoaked. He's an auto so he's not going to miss shifts. Plus bigger CI + Roots blower = instant torque, more so than what the 4.6 + the Eaton will do.

Got any dyno graphs for that?

Im at maximum torque by 2700 rpm and from a dead stop at idle I can floor it and be there in about a quarter of a second........thats pretty damn instant.

Tunink

Established Member
Got any dyno graphs for that?

Im at maximum torque by 2700 rpm and from a dead stop at idle I can floor it and be there in about a quarter of a second........thats pretty damn instant.

More so than in meaning that it produces more, than the 4.6L.

ArkLATexan

Established Member
Very understandable why you went the route you did. Sometimes modding is about necessity and you gotta do what you can with what's available.

Any idea how much that heat soak was hurting your numbers?

The 6-speed autos do much better from a roll than the old 4-speed autos. Probably not quite as well as a stick car, but it's not as much of a disadvantage as it use to be.

Prob 15-20 hp

Here is dyno sheet with unlocked converter
Untitled-1.png

Oh and I am not manually shifting. I select the first gear we go from and throw it into drive. No shifting by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Prob 15-20 hp

Here is dyno sheet with unlocked converter
Untitled-1.png

Oh and I am not manually shifting. I select the first gear we go from and throw it into drive. No shifting by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my bad Daniel. I thought you would be using what is it called in your car again? sportmode or something to shift manually.

ArkLATexan

Established Member
Oh my bad Daniel. I thought you would be using what is it called in your car again? sportmode or something to shift manually.

I have three shift modes. Drive, Sport and Manual. I start off in Manual so I can select my gear for roll races. Then the second I hit the pedal i tap it over to the left and then it shifts when it is time. Both Drive and Sport have same shift properties since I changed them with HP tuners. So really there is no point for me to be in Sport mode since it is the same.

I have manipulated the transmission shift times, pressures, and such that there is absolutely zero lag. I have never had a auto that shifts as fast as it does. It will give me a slight advantage over even the best M6 driver.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I have three shift modes. Drive, Sport and Manual. I start off in Manual so I can select my gear for roll races. Then the second I hit the pedal i tap it over to the left and then it shifts when it is time.

Same thing I do (except I shift it to drive and then sport since I'm on the stock tune).

Thanks for posting the graph!

ArkLATexan

Established Member
I should have the dyno video, and live driving action in the next day or so. A buddy of mine took the footage and is compiling it now

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I have three shift modes. Drive, Sport and Manual. I start off in Manual so I can select my gear for roll races. Then the second I hit the pedal i tap it over to the left and then it shifts when it is time. Both Drive and Sport have same shift properties since I changed them with HP tuners. So really there is no point for me to be in Sport mode since it is the same.

I have manipulated the transmission shift times, pressures, and such that there is absolutely zero lag. I have never had a auto that shifts as fast as it does. It will give me a slight advantage over even the best M6 driver.

lmao!!!! I thought you were just jacking with me the other day when you said you were tinkering with the trans tune :bash::poke:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
More so than in meaning that it produces more, than the 4.6L.

Ok, I understand he didnt dyno with ideal conditions, but with his current dyno and setup his torque is still less than mine.

While I will concede its just a 1900 at 5 psi it is a superior blower to a cobra eaton.

Oh boy not the displacement argument again lol

How is this a displacement argument? Im also not arguing anything. I thought he was talking about how fast the torque came on which wont really be much of a difference between the two motors when both are running instant torque PD blowers.

ArkLATexan

Established Member
lmao!!!! I thought you were just jacking with me the other day when you said you were tinkering with the trans tune :bash::poke:

No you misunderstood. The shifting was already changed. What i did when I was talking to you was raising my shift points from 6300rpm to 6700rpm since the dyno graph was showing i was still building power. I have yet to load the tune in for the new shift points however

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Ok, I understand he didnt dyno with ideal conditions, but with his current dyno and setup his torque is still less than mine.

While I will concede its just a 1900 at 5 psi it is a superior blower to a cobra eaton.

How is this a displacement argument? Im also not arguing anything. I thought he was talking about how fast the torque came on which wont really be much of a difference between the two motors when both are running instant torque PD blowers.

dude all it was was a smartass comment. Hint the LOL at the end of the statement. come on now.

ArkLATexan

Established Member

too bad you are not closer....I woould like to see how your slight advantage in tq meant from the hit. I am still betting my tq converter shoots me out on you by a half a car pretty quickly with me steadily pulling

Tunink

Established Member
too bad you are not closer....i woould like to see how your slight advantage in tq meant from the hit. I am still betting my tq converter shoots me out on you by a half a car pretty quickly with me steadily pulling

+1

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
too bad you are not closer....I woould like to see how your slight advantage in tq meant from the hit. I am still betting my tq converter shoots me out on you by a half a car pretty quickly with me steadily pulling

Im not a cobra. If you cant beat him, you most likely wouldnt beat me, but anything can happen on the street. Dont underestimate a short geared, light weight (by comparison) high compression mach 1.

ArkLATexan

Established Member
Tomsae.gif

Untitled-1.png

at 3500 I am making about 100 hp more then you. I am not scared lol. I know what my car runs at the track :stickpoke:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Tomsae.gif

Untitled-1.png

at 3500 I am making about 100 hp more then you. I am not scared lol. I know what my car runs at the track :stickpoke:

Your max hp is 52 hp higher than mine on that dyno, but might be more since maybe you were heatsoaked. :shrug:

What are you running at the track?

Users who are viewing this thread