• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

03 Sonic Blue Cobra for sale (24,000 miles)

Discussion in 'Terminators Buy/Sell' started by ATerminator, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ATerminator

ATerminator New Member Established Member

Hello Folks,

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I am relisting my 2003 SVT Cobra that I originally listed on 06/13/2020.

As you guys might know: the vehicle comes stock from the factory with tuned and assembled aftermarket parts ($10,000 originally ($14,000 w/inflation calculated from 2003 to 2020)). Some of the parts include a forged crankshaft and forged Manley piston connecting rods which makes the Cobra's engine capable of handling north of 1200hp. My vehicle is all stock, besides a high flow K&N Air Filter. This vehicle is truly a work of art and I hope I am not making a mistake by selling it. I remember this vehicle being purchased brand New from Conway Ford, SC for $34,750 (+ an addendum fee) in the begining of 2003 January. That price adjusted today with inflation is right around the $50,000 value. It makes sense for a SuperCharged vehicle pushing 400hp.

I am located on Scott AFB, IL (St. Clair), but can arrange to meet anyone that wants to take a look at the vehicle around the area. The vehicle has been kept stock and only has a high flow K&N airfilter. I've had plans to modify her, but I don't have the time, tools, nor proper set up to do so, but I am sure the 03 Cobra will make the perfect project car for someone that is already set up.

The engine runs likes new and idles perfectly. The vehicle has recently recieved some care maintenance: new a/c clutch, new inner and "gator" serpentine belt. All maintenance done at a certified Ford dealer. Engine has been cared for and the oil has been changed at regular intervals.

I've made my mind to sell her, but I am sure folks can relate when I say if she sells great and if she doesn't, well I'll still have a collector's car that will continue to grow in value. As the saying goes, "they just don't make them like they use to" Note: Miles will be slowly going up as I take her out on weekends.

I am asking $27,000.
    The car has no damage or accidents and has a total of 3 owners with me being the 3rd, father being the 1st. Title is Clean.

To understand more about this vehicle,
    I highly recommend checking out:
    "Terminator Cobra vs GT500: 1 step forward and 3 steps back" or "Terminator Design" All great informative videos

Thanks for looking and God Bless.

V/R,

Alex
    20200726_172645.jpg
    View attachment 1654105
    20200726_172157.jpg
    20200722_171332.jpg Screenshot_20200630-222136_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200630-221723_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630-222101_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200630-221841_Gallery.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  2. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

GLWS! Nice Sonic Blue Cobra. Just out of curiosity, I see that you're located in Illinois but the photo shows palm trees. Prior duty station?

ATerminator likes this.
  3. Mack Verde

Mack Verde Member Established Member

best color

ATerminator likes this.
  4. ATerminator

Hello Bob, that is correct. Was stationed at Yuma Proving Ground, AZ for a bit, but now I have been at Scott for around 10 months.

T3RMINATOR likes this.
  5. ATerminator

Thanks Mack. Sometime the car looks like a purple from the mystic. I've really enjoyed this color.

T3RMINATOR likes this.
  6. gt347mustang

gt347mustang Well-Known Member Established Member

Nice car! One of my favorite colors!

Not quite a $10k upgrade from the 01 cobra.

Fun fact about the rods:

Coletti decided that the I-beam rods needed to be replaced with Manley connecting rods. While the production rods used in the standard Mustangs at the time cost $1.60, the Manley rods were a whopping $55 each. The accountants at Ford weren’t happy. To them, the rods felt and looked the same. When they asked Coletti if he was sure he couldn’t use the I-beams he responded: “Well, if you want the engine to stay together, no.”

7. ATerminator

Great input!
    I couldn't name off each upgrade, but according to Coletti that was the whole price of upgrades included for the 03 and 04 Cobras just in parts: the rods, crank shaft, arp hardware, S/C, suspension...etc. But yeah the true forged Manley H beam rods had to survive a 100hr dyno test going from max hp to max torque and vise-versa. Other rods would snap and could not handle the higher RPMs that the 03/04 Cobras had(6500)

8. Hebertmachine

Hebertmachine Member Established Member

I sent you a message if like to purchase the car from you. Can you shoot me a text 3463514866 thanks brian

9. smokedgt

smokedgt Member Established Member

Do you have any more pictures? Of the engine, underside, interior, paint, bumpers, etc.

Are there any areas where the paint is fading, peeling? Rock chips?

Has this been garage kept?

thanks

10. ATerminator

Responded back Herbert, thanks!

11. ATerminator

No areas where the paint is fading. Yes the vehicle has been garage kept. I am going to get some more pictures this weekend and a video of it idling to send folks that have been asking.

smokedgt likes this.
  12. smokedgt

Thanks. If you don’t post the photos/videos here, please send to my email. [email protected]

13. ATerminator

Will do Smoke!

14. Brandon03Cobra

Brandon03Cobra On a Boat.. Established Member

Conway Ford. Man I wish I was in a position to being her back home. GLWS.

15. WIKDWS6

WIKDWS6 Member Established Member

Still for sale?

16. ATerminator

Yes, the 03 Cobra is still for sale. Nobody has committed to buy yet. Thanks.

17. smokedgt

you ever get any more pictures?

04Struck likes this.
  18. WIKDWS6

WIKDWS6 Member Established Member

Did you get my PM?

19. Hebertmachine

Hebertmachine Member Established Member

I have texted you a few times in regards to getting more pictures and videos of the car. I’m looking to purchase a car ASAP.

thanks Brian

04Struck and Zunit2345 like this.
  20. smokedgt

good luck getting more pictures, been asking for weeks

04Struck likes this.