03 Sonic Blue Cobra Show Car FOR SALE!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Never posted much here on svtp, joined years back when I was in the market for an 03/04 cobra, never ended up buying one. Anyway…

You who watch Derek Baran may know who I am, I’ve owned the $500 ‘99 cobra on his channel, as well as a terminator swapped Mach 1 as of most recently.

I reached out to Josh after hearing about the Derek attack video to see what his deal was all about. Dude seemed like there was a screw or two loose, but I try to look for the best in people (not a good thing in most cases). Recently, as seen on Josh’s instagram, he has purchased a grey 07 lbz duramax truck. I have owned a few of them in the past, so I reached out congratulating him on it. So then he goes into a long thing about how it’s a one owner but he bought it from his buddy who “knew” the one owner and it hit a deer and insurance issued a salvage title for it. He then goes on to tell me how he’s going to VIN swap the truck with a clean title and vin from his buddy, which is a 6.0l (Silverado 2500) gasoline truck cab. This raised many red flags to me as VIN swapping is very illegal. He then goes on to tell me how he’s done this once before..

It’s hard for me to even write this post as I am a Christian and I do respect that he is a born again Christian, and they were private conversations, but I do not condone scamming others and lying, along with many other things as I’ve read in this 23+ long post. I hope this fool never shows his face again after this monstrosity. Duramax is just another vehicle to add to the uninsured & unregistered fleet..

Sorry for lengthy post
OMG! This tool is beyond what I thought. Wow! VIN swapping! And he's dumb enough to tell someone what he did. Unbelievable! He's surely going to face some legal accountabilities soon.

Gt350g

Established Member
Well I’m glad I shared what I did after just reading more and more about this clown. I hope the police go and check out his vehicles and see that none of them are registered or insured. He needs to go get a real deal job, and quit this hustling of others to support his habit ordeal.

Gt350g

Established Member
The DSG owner is in here, the previous SB owner is in here. No word on who ended up with the MC car or what's going on with it
For some odd reason I felt like he traded the MC for the SB, but after checking his IG it seems he sold the MC for “well over 50”. Dudes nuts

Venom351R

Established Member
For some odd reason I felt like he traded the MC for the SB, but after checking his IG it seems he sold the MC for “well over 50”. Dudes nuts

That's my understanding as well and from back when I used to watch his channel he sold the MC to get the SB. No idea on where or who it went to though.

Gt350g

Established Member
Here’s a question. If this guy claims to be the seller of these insanely mint cobras etc, parts all the time and all.. why was his svtp page so new? Has anyone tried doing any digging on here for some old usernames / posts of his? Could probably even root it down to just posting location of granby, ma.

Venom351R

Established Member
I just remembered something else. Back in October of 21 he put up for sale a set of autometer lunar gauges, boost, water temp and fuel PSI. I had been wanting lunar gauges for my Cobra ever since getting it. I jumped on this and immediately jumped on it and got in touch with him through messenger. What struck me as odd was that he would not accept paypal, at the time he would only go through cash app. Providing paypal offers buyers protection I can see why he does not deal with it. He said he had reasons for why he did not like using paypal but now that I look back on it it makes more sense. I actually did get the gauges luckily as compared to what so many other issues some of dealt with regarding him. Actually got the 3 pod pillar and the 3 gauges for a decent price but things have obviously gone sideways with him since then and unknowingly to myself and many others at that current time with him
image_67174913.JPG

Venom351R

Established Member
He posted my phone number and address in one of his YouTube videos and refused to take it down…. Karma is a bitch

I believe I remember that and saying something about how it wasn't cool to post people's info without their permission.

Users who are viewing this thread