03 VERT * New Best 03/22/08

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Awesome Mike! I know what you mean about babying it off the line. Once I got the level 2's.....I was launching at 4500 and that was a rush for me.

MikeW

Established Member
LOL JC if i launch at 4500 I will crap my pants the 1st time but after that it will be ON! LOL

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
no problem.. let me know next time you all plan a trip..

You might also want to check out bowlinggreenmustangs.com/forums
I was parked right next to you while i waited FOREVER to make that last pass. Really nice car man.:beer:

Im gonna try & go back next Tuesday for T&T. I missed gears all day Saturday.:nonono:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man if I get my clutch in before this weekend I might be good to go the next Saturday. If not the one after that. How many runs can someone get in anyways? I can get there easily when it opens on a Saturday and stay until closing.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I was parked right next to you while i waited FOREVER to make that last pass. Really nice car man.:beer:

Im gonna try & go back next Tuesday for T&T. I missed gears all day Saturday.:nonono:

Thanks! yeah there was a whole lot of street cars there, especially to be as cold as it was. I remember checking out your car.. you had the hood up and I drooled a little

03cobramanIII

Banned
great you got moe in it then that , i guessing you only get 1 pass due to no roll bar or do you have one? if you dont have a roll bar how did you get aa second pass?
my cousins buddy owns the track hes going to sign off on me.LOL i just want to know what it will run , without going 10 different times youknow?
i want high 10s with my shittos.fer now

MikeW

Established Member
great you got moe in it then that , i guessing you only get 1 pass due to no roll bar or do you have one? if you dont have a roll bar how did you get aa second pass?
my cousins buddy owns the track hes going to sign off on me.LOL i just want to know what it will run , without going 10 different times youknow?
i want high 10s with my shittos.fer now

I could have ran 4-6 times if I had got back in line.. The track does not check and I have yet to get the boot. I dont have a bar but may look into getting one just for the added safety.

I have yet to get the boot on any of the 3-tracks that I have ran on. Since I have had the car I bet I have 40-50 passes and and have never had anyone say anything to me. I guess they think all verts are slow :shrug:

03cobramanIII

Banned
dam you lucky faster then a 13.49 thats it. here. i think id run faster than that if i shut it down in top of third ? you think. i would have to get the hang of my 1st and second then shut it down got my 60ft in order than go all out, my freing just called hes going tonight but i dont think im going to make it , wife dont get home untill 6.30ish it take 40 mins to get there, and get checked in, then i got to let car cool some.

suday is test and tune less people but its going to rain so it says?

good luck on the 10.999s at least. you got 315 nitto i see too. that what i got .and there spinning on the rim just on the street say 13miles. with 22 psi. your have got to be slipping too. did you mark them, and check them. whats the best way to lanch these suckers? thanks i got a sra with 50/50 shock and eibach rear drag spring with rt. side air bag. go to susp see my post on the nittos slipping on the rim.

MikeW

Established Member
Yeah I sure am glad they let me run without the bar.

I have 315 Hoosier DR's. They were set on 20lbs and i would have gone to 17lbs if i had ran a 3rd time. I have cut vert springs and a rear diff brace and that is is for IRS mods. I didnt get any wheel hop this outing and the tires spun a bit...hooked and gone. The Hoosiers are the best Dr's I have used yet. I have tried Nittos,MT's, and BFG's...the hoosiers are my fav right now.

I shut down the 2nd run at the top of third (not by choice..could not hit 4th LOL) ..I put the brake on and still ran 12.1 so you may want to watch it if you do run this weekend. Go and see wha tyou can run in the 1/8 :idea: that will give you a good idea of waht you could do in the 1/4 :beer:

03cobramanIII

Banned
sounds good, you got almost the same hp level i got im going to run the 104 tune if i go. i got a set of 335 hoos drs but had to send them but cause they where to wide for a 10.5 rim , i was going to exchange them for the 315 hoos drs , but i think i need to do my clutch first. cause if i got to break it in for 500 miles the hoos will be wore out.right ? dont they wear out quick even not getting on it? you got a stock clutch still? i shoule be trapping 130mph or better. if i can hook. whats your best 60ft with the 315 hoo's?

sorry for all the Q's just tring to get some info too.

my vericom performace computer says im running a 12.45 at 121mph but im lose over a second i know due to spin if not more than that. if i was hooking the mph would be higher also. its just good for tuning 0-60 mph and try to get teh best lauch possibleLOL. only 4.85 second at 212 feet. it do almost hit 1g at 38 mph a .94 g at the top of first gear. my 83 gt that run 10.09/138 did a 0-60 in 4.26 seconds on the street with dot slicks , so im doing ok.with the hoos i might bust that. at the track my 83 gt 408w 200 shot hooks ass 1.44 60fts. if i can run faster than a 11.23 /124 i'll beat my all motor pass time . im looking to sell that car if a can go mid 10s.i got 2 more pulleys ,a 22 psi and a 24 psi one. but need tunes for them.im sticking to the 2 i got .

on my other car i checked it on it said a ran a 12.81/108 but at track ran a 11.99/115 ? so its off. i dont think i'll get a 10.999 on the nittos. this time out.
computering on the street suck cause at the track you alway hook better, if i go tonight i'll let you know what i run.i got to bring my helmet ,,you too right ?

im just talking out loud LOL.

MikeW

Established Member
I am still on the stock clutch LOL I will upgrade it to Spec3+ soon.

I have only been to the track this one time on the hoosiers and 1.9x was my best 60' becuse I limp out of the hole due to stock half shafts. I may upgrade the halfshafts before I upgrade the clutch just so i wont have to weenie this pig out of the hole LOL.

I cant see the Hoosiers lasting long if used on teh street. Lloyd may chime in he has had his on for a lot longer than I have had mine on. His still seem to be working fine after a few hundered miles.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i was thnking of breaking the clutch in with the nittos. ,, i was just wonder how a trip say 600 miles round trip one them would do to them, no rain of course. and going 75 mph.
i just talked to my cousin we might go out there sunday to run my car. he knows the track owner and tech guy. so i can run all i want.

im thinking the hoos drs ,will hooking 1.54 i seen on here some where

Users who are viewing this thread