03 vs. Z06 on another forum

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Think about it. Your V8 stang NEW can be had for 20-22k... Children CAN afford that... So yes, their will be immature stang drivers... However, there HAS NEVER been a Mustang like this Cobra. So all those high dollar asshole vette drivers need to get a clue.

The trash talking that they do is so immature and childish.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
uh oh! don't go messing with CobraCari :nono:

she can mess you up! This hot bartender babe from Seattle with friends in the UFC will take you down

:rockon:
Friends in the UFC? *cough* fake *cough*

Ken Shamrock got owned by Stone Cold in the WWF ;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
Think about it. Your V8 stang NEW can be had for 20-22k... Children CAN afford that... So yes, their will be immature stang drivers... However, there HAS NEVER been a Mustang like this Cobra. So all those high dollar asshole vette drivers need to get a clue.

The trash talking that they do is so immature and childish.

Just remember to hold Mustang owners to the same standards as the vette owners. Like it or not, us Mustang(Gt's, V6's, Cobra's, ect) guys get lumped together the same way we lump all vette owners together.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Although using age as an excuse should never be justified....

It's safe to say the majority of every type of Mustang..owners are in the younger demographics, the immaturity will more prevalent. Whereas 'vette owners are more of an older persona. 'Vette owners acting foolish and making foolish remarks makes them look more childish than Mustang owners. Again, this can all be generalized.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Its vette owners like these that make running into a zo6/c5 a nice treat.

A-Men.

I just keep my mouth shut... And when I see a Vette on the streets or at the track, I let my 'lil 4.6L do the talking.

So far, I'm batting a 1000 against vettes (2 Z06 and a handful of C5's)

BigDaddy

Established Member
I agree with everything that Cobra-R has stated on this thread up to this point.

They are both great cars.

I almost bought a 01 Z06 for 36K with failry low milage--before I bought my Cobra. It was only the 385hp model (now 405). Being as light as it is, the 385hp goes a long way--very fast. I banged 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I was going well over 110+ and was impressed.

I bought my Cobra because I've always been a Ford guy, and I wanted to buy a NEW car--not to mention the easy modifications to make the Cobra Wicked fast. Bought my Coupe for $31.--Happy so far.

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
All I can say is that it is good to see the good old fashioned ford versus chevy fight is still alive and well. How boring it would be without competition.:rolling:

:beer:

Black Chip

Established Member
I think RoushRaven was missing the point of silver03snake.
The problem with vette owners is ATTITUDE!! Most think their sh** don't stink and thumb their noses at anything other than their precious vette. I happen to agree with kzooGTX about the whole "to each his own" philosophy. But when vette owners start mindlessly bashing FORD with their stupid found on road....... etc. etc. they may have forgotten about Fords latest.
It just happened to wax a Ferrari and a Porshe in recent tests.
FORD GT ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!
Oh, now I guess they will start crying about price to us!!:cryying:

BigDaddy

Established Member
Most Corvette guys who laugh at "lesser" vechicles do becasue they know they've bought what they feel is a really fast car. --And it is.

It's like this...when I was really young and knew nothing about cars, I bought a 1990 Corvette. It was a great car. At the time the only Corvette faster was a ZR-1 and the LT-1 vettes had just came out. I thought it could beat ANYTHING on the street,--Why? --> Because it was a Vette. I did race it quite a bit, but only against dorks who couldn't drive their car. Then won day a friend of mine who knew more about cars than me, told me that his old truck with a big engine could probably beat my vette...I was in total disbelief.."Ya Right" I said. Well this old short cab, short bed truck had a warmed up 440ci bigblock mopar under the hood. Needless to say I lost. That was the point in time when I learned that just because I had a corvette didn't mean that I had the fastest thing out there.

On a side note, I soon be came a Mopar Fan, bought a 68 R/T Dodge and owned it for 7 years. Under the hood was a 440ci that I built myself. --Ran 11's all day and got kicked off the track every time. Sold it recently and bought my 03 Cobra.

Moral of the story: snob vette owners probably haven't bee arround the race seen for very long or at all.
I've met some Z06 guys (more into racing) who think 03/04 Cobras are stout performers.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by BigDaddy

Moral of the story: snob vette owners probably haven't bee arround the race seen for very long or at all.
I've met some Z06 guys (more into racing) who think 03/04 Cobras are stout performers.

The only problem I have are the corvette owners who tell me how much faster their car is than mine.....but they don't race their cars.

I can honestly say I have only met a handful of vette owners that do race.

Dave

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=716431

I have read several posts on that forum. I have to say that the majority of their members are the most insecure biggest bunch of jerks I have read collectively on any board. Most boards have a few members that are radical with the rest genuine car enthusiasts that like all domestic sport cars. But that board is close to 80 percent ass hole. I will never ever own another vette just because of the attitude of most that drive them. I would say that maturity is directly proportional to education and income but in their case that law doesn't apply. Plus with 10 year financing :lol1: everybody and his damn brother owns one. It kills me on their board one of the biggest raps on the Cobra is that everybody owns one :rollseyes. Yeah right. You'll notice some of the biggest criticisms comes from the dude with a C5 and a bunch of Z06 bolt-ons. That's like putting Cobra emblems on a V6. Then they bring up the "well it's no contest in the twisties". I will say that by the time I come to the twisties the C5 would be so far behind I could get out and take a leak before he caught up on the other side. Personally, I doubt any LS1 C5 owner likes reading a post showing a dyno sheet with stock to stock Z with less power than an 03. Where I dyno, a big Chevy shop, most C5's are in the 280-290 range :lol: right in line with F-Bodies. And wether they like it or not, an LS1 C5 is not faster than an 03 coupe stock for stock and who gives a crap about twisties.

Did u just say "10 year financing"????:??: wow

Ben

eddy z

Established Member
i agree most c5 owners have issues with us cobra folks for one reason or another.. there loss, as our car is something awesome to drive and own, period. my old man is a huge vette fan and currently owns a 02 vert c5. he has the basic bolt ons, and its a nice car. heck its a vette.. but he loves my 03. he cant say enough about it.. all good things.. he says, if he did not like vettes as much as he does, he would own a 03. He has owned several other vettes prior, including a 67 427 vert stingray. He says our 03's would give the old 67 beast a run for her money, ect.. why cant most vette owner be like my father. a person who truly apperiactes detriot muscle. there is other good people out there. we just dont hear about them to often on those c5 forums as there penis issue fogs reality of other great cars besides there own. what a concept

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
i agree most c5 owners have issues with us cobra folks for one reason or another.. there loss, as our car is something awesome to drive and own, period. my old man is a huge vette fan and currently owns a 02 vert c5. he has the basic bolt ons, and its a nice car. heck its a vette.. but he loves my 03. he cant say enough about it.. all good things.. he says, if he did not like vettes as much as he does, he would own a 03. He has owned several other vettes prior, including a 67 427 vert stingray. He says our 03's would give the old 67 beast a run for her money, ect.. why cant most vette owner be like my father. a person who truly apperiactes detriot muscle. there is other good people out there. we just dont hear about them to often on those c5 forums as there penis issue fogs reality of other great cars besides there own. what a concept

That's becuase those ignorant types are not TRUE enthusiasts, if they were, their minds would be open.

n2fords2003

Established Member
A friend of mine has a 2001 lightning with a 2 pound pullie and a 75 shot. We have SO much fun driving around looking for vett owners. One night at a traffic light we were next to the typical old man vett owner and I asked him if his car was fast. He said OH YEA. So, I asked him to show me when the light turned. You should have seen the look on his face when a truck pulled him a car length+ in every gear. I love laughting at these snobs when a truck costing 20+ thousand blow their doors off!!

They have a lot of anger to express. I would too if this was the first year in 30+ years that a production mustang could beat a production vett. Im taking cobra vs. C5. The Cobra CAN be a better all around car than the vett with still less money spent! thousands on the motor, thausands on the suspension. You could still be well under 50 thousand and there you have it

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
What would Jesus drive, a Z06 or a Cobra, now that's a debate!!!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
They don't get it. Yes, the Cobra is heavier. That's called SOLID!!! And with the money I save, I put on the mods I most enjoy with some custom flames and wheels. Heck. I end up with a ride that will tangle with any vette alive buck for buck and which is the exactly way I like it!

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Sorry Guys...

"Don't gimme no Buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God up in heaven
He's got a Silver Thunderbird
You can keep your Eldorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a Silver Thunderbird"