03 vs. Z06 on another forum

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by Devil Dog
I don't understand a Cobra owners preoccupation with the Corvette, these cars are not in the same price market, yeah a Cobra may take STOCK C5 in a 1/4 mile but you better not go over 120 mph because you are gonna get WALKED, a Corvette is gonna out brake, out handle, and flat out walk a Cobra on the top end.

And I own both.
:nonono:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Wife

Are you saying you picked a 03 Cobra over a 03 SRT-10 Viper?
:rollseyes

That is a 50 thousand dollar price difference, I know a few owners of SRT-10's and they would not even fathom owning a Mustang, I guess its kinda like saying "I passed on a Benz S500 and went with the Ford Crown Vic" it just don't compute.

You live in the same house as your wife correct? lol well does everthing make sense that happens in your house? And yes we have a cobra instead of a viper

edit: also we were looking at a cpl of use vipers I should say I was looking at a few. Among few other cars. But you have to be in agreement. h-ll she didnt even say a word about me pulling the money out of the bank to buy the car when I have others stored in the shed that I dont drive. I thought that part was pretty cool. I wouldnt go for a new viper with all the used deals out there. Funny you mentioned about the Benz. I know have been looking at the SLK model. This one would be driven though.

Last edited:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Re: Wife

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
And yes we have a cobra instead of a viper

There are a lot of people who have Mustangs instead of Vipers, but it is not by choice.

If I leave my home shopping for a 2003 SRT-10 Viper, I damn sure ain't coming back with a Mustang Cobra, maybe a used Porsche Carrera twin turbo, but definitely not a Mustang.

Now if you were shopping for a used Gen II Viper I could see your point because you can get one of those for 40-60K.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
I don't understand a Cobra owners preoccupation with the Corvette, these cars are not in the same price market, yeah a Cobra may take STOCK C5 in a 1/4 mile but you better not go over 120 mph because you are gonna get WALKED, a Corvette is gonna out brake, out handle, and flat out walk a Cobra on the top end.

And I own both.
You own a 2003 Cobra in addition to all the cars in your sig? Impressive stable.

Try to stay on topic please.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
The vetts are cool but it would be nice so be a little more radical in there design. But look what ford did with the real 2005 model. Well they know what sells cars for the majority and what makes money. Most of the time at least. We all buy what we like and what we dont everone personalize their ride with body or whatever. One has to think that also is in there mind you cant please everone but make it so they can have it there way.
Look at the new stang pics from the other thread looks like lots there for SVT to work with doesnt it?

BigDaddy

Established Member
Up top the supercharged 03/04 cobra would out accelerate the C5. I'd love to see a 120 to 160 or 170mph race. Of course the Cobra would have to have the the 155 governor removed. My money would be on the Cobra forsure.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by stangfreak

...as for cobracari, buahahahaha you just HAVE BEEN OWNED. yes im a hothead. im an ITALIAN FROM NEW YORK. give me attitude ill give it right back at you 10 times harder. of course this forum limits me and want to be respectful to my fellow cobra people:thumbsup:

uh oh! don't go messing with CobraCari :nono:

she can mess you up! This hot bartender babe from Seattle with friends in the UFC will take you down

:rockon:

KingKobra

Established Member
Corvettes.... hahahahahaha, nice cars... not my style, simple and plain.

Old people drive them mostly... face it. It's unavoidably true. Fast or not, z06 is very rare to see driving around.

On the track? Who races stock.... modded cobras are more prevelent than modded z06's. I don't need to prove what's obvious.

I think it's simply a matter of style... there's always gonna be a 'faster' car... blah blah... old story...

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I see more ZO6's around here in Phoenix than I do 03 cobras...

but alot of regular C5 owners now adays are going to "fake z06" route...

I've seen more than just a few convertable c5's with badging and brake ducts to immitate a z06. So I can't be fore sure that all the z06's I see are really z06's.

The only way for me to really find out is to tromp on them all. If I beat them buy a wide margin then it is a z06... if I beat them by a rediculously wide margin then it was just a normal C5.

:beer:

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
The only way for me to really find out is to tromp on them all. If I beat them buy a wide margin then it is a z06... if I beat them by a rediculously wide margin then it was just a normal C5.

:rockon: Amen brother.... good BS detection.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
i hope a bunch of vette guys read this shit, they are so ***in busy with there dicks in there mouth that they dont see that a 03/04 cobra will own them with a 80 dollar pulley. they are just a bunch of arrogent assholes. i can't wait to ***in own all of those ****ers

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member

And I own both.

you VERY obviously have never been in an 03 cobra if you think a c5 will walk one above 120. i have raced dozens of c5s when i was stock and modded. not one ever gave me the slightest bit of competetion.

a few people i know have c5s and 1 has a zo6. ive driven many c5s on many different occasions. the only car out of the 2 , that you can compare to an 03 cobra is the z06. and yes once the cobra is pullied, bye bye to the z06 too.

about the braking and handling. your comparing 2 cars with a weight difference of 600 lbs. , of course the vette is going to come out on top. but for the amount of straight line performance you get out of an 03 cobra, and the weight disadvantage it has , i think it holds it own. besides i rather have a car that doesnt sound like im driving a garbage truck everytime i hit a bump. i dont know how people like the sound of fiberglass rattling all around them. but hey maybe they work for sanitation, and they feel right at home. :p

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS03COBRA
vette.....besides i rather have a car that doesnt sound like im driving a garbage truck everytime i hit a bump. i dont know how people like the sound of fiberglass rattling all around them. but hey maybe they work for sanitation, and they feel right at home. :p
Damn that was the biggest bitch slap i ever read :lol1:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Z06 vs 03 Cobra.
Cobra= better bang for the buck for straight line racing.

Z06= better in just about every other area.

It's not meant to be a knock on the Cobra, but with the vette costing $15000 more than the Cobra it should be held to higher standards.

I agree many vette owners are snobbish like many of you have said, but also remember that many Mustang owners are inmature kids as well. Stereo-typing can be a very dangerous thing to do.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread