04 cobra 5.0 stroker 3.4 crusher e85 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Gonna be fun for sure.
I'm just running a stock longblock, cams and 23psi sittin on DRs and can tell you you'll have your hands full, built or not. ~750-800whp on the streets is no joke.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Kevin, I can't wait to get home either. I just want to go for a ride and feel some insane power! hahaha

Mike in Minot huh? I love all this talk of e85 3.4 whipples, im heading to my tuning date Tuesday, assuming when i fire my motor off tomorrow night everything is as it should be. I am non crusher, however I'm hoping for at least 750 with the fuel pumps/injectors being my limiting factor.

Im assuming you're at the air force base? If you get bored up there come on down to Bismarck and hit me up, we got a small little Mustang crew down here that pretty much owns the streets of this shithole. lol

Kevin, cant wait to see your results!!!

I am actually kevin's brother, but I am stationed up here for the AF like you guessed it lol. I have always been into cars, just don't have the self control to drive one on the streets :burn:. I'd love to give you a hand and turn some wrenches some weekend or just come hang out and grab some food. I am going crazy not having anything to work on. Everyone up here talks specs about cars after they get done reading car and driver, it's pathetic :bash:

metaman

Established Member
Dude, I saw on the underside shot of the car that you don't have any subframe connectors? That might be a good idea before you hook that much power on the stock frame. That is unless you don't want to be able to open the doors anymore.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
+1 to ^ and i think that you might want to invest in a k member soon too.... get rid of that stock anchor

mtnrunner

Established Member
Full length subframe connectors are going on as soon as the car is at the exhaust shop getting that done. The connectors are just sitting in the garage right now, we obviously didnt want to install them on jackstands.

venom04svt

Established Member
Yea like red said after spending that much don't neglect going with a full tubular k-member to take some weight off the nose that you've added... If your keeping your stock hood then you also need to go ahead and section it, i run the supplied 3.5 pulley and i even had to space my k-member down a 1/2 inch in addition to cutting the support

Sick SVT

Established Member
So im in Carmel Valley and need to see this thing. Any meets or anything that happen in the SD area?

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
See you at Knotts. And I am in Carlsbad. Similar build to mine. You have a few more cubes, but I have degreed cams and ported heads. I need to get this thing up to Greg to tune. I still have a conservative tune in mine, for the break in. Just got 1000 miles on the engine. Car has been eating alternators though, so I need to figure out how to keep it a little cooler in there. Looking forward to seeing you and your build at Knotts.

jcveron

Established Member
reading this thread just made me change my build. i will be doing this exact setup except i will have stage 3 cams and a 100 shot (wet) i am definately subbing to see what power this BEAST makes :rockon::rockon::rockon:

yfzkevin

Established Member
The car is going on the dyno on thursday. So I will be updating with video and numbers sometime on thursday. I will start another thread and see what some people think it will make, and then once its tuned I will update with what it actually made.

jcveron

Established Member
what is the other thread gonna be named so i can look out for it and sub to it!

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Man all those great parts and then you stick a FRAM oil filter on it. If I could slap you in the back of the head I would.

mtnrunner

Established Member
So the car made 806hp/797tq to the tire on only 19 degrees of timing and major belt slip stopping the pull at 6k rpm. The boost would spike to 30 but the belt would not hold and would slip causing it to fluctuate around 25psi. Since the car is on e85 19 degrees of timing is nothing and that will be bumped up. The decision was made to pull the car off the rollers and figure out the belt slip issue then bring it back for more power! Greg said he thinks the car still has a lot left in it. With 5 pounds of boost and about 6 degrees of timing to it we should see some serious numbers.

I only have a crappy cell phone video right now but we are going to get good videos up asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread