04 cobra 5.0 stroker 3.4 crusher e85 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfzkevin

Established Member
Sick Cobra.

Thanks man, its been a long process and alot of work and alot of money. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The car is running good now and things seem to be working. I am very happy with the car and how well she does driving on the street. Drives like a normal car until I nail it :burnout:[

lguizar12

Established Member
hahah Thanks Matt. I cant wait to take it back up to Greg to go for the big numbers. I think I finally have all the belt slip figured out and I think its holding strong at 30psi.

The car will spin all of 3rd gear. And when I say all of 3rd gear. I mean two buddies of mine in a car behind me said I left 2 black lines all the way till I let out of it at just over 100mph. The car pulls hard now. Im gonna go take it up to Gregs (RET) here very soon. Get some new numbers and then put my hoosiers on the car and see how she does.

**** six flags roller coasters! I'll just ride in your car again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Sick dude...can't wait to see the final #s when you get everything straightened out.

MR.WHINE

update

How is your car running now? I am doing the same exact things...but could i achieve the same results with pump gas?

yfzkevin

Established Member
Well I realized I never updated this anymore after the thought of selling the car. About 3 or 4 months ago I started thinking about selling the car and buy a C6Z. Well I was talking to my brother about selling and he got very interested in the car. I wasnt sure if he was serious but I kept that thought in the back of my mind. Well as I started getting more serious about selling the car and getting a vette he also got more serious about buying the car. We ended up working out a deal and he bought the cobra off me and I just picked up a C6Z about 3 weeks ago. The vette has ported and polished heads, custom ground cam, SS exhaust valves, Titanium intake valaves, dual valve springs, milled head .030", head gakets, arp head studs, carbon fiber haltech intake, ported throttle body, ported manifold, American Racing 1-7/8" headers and catted x pipe, mild to wild switch, muffler mod, pfadt coilovers and a few other things. The car is fully loaded with every option chevy has. The car put down 586/532 rwhp/rwtq.

I think my brother has a few things he is wanting to do to the car. I plan on helping him work on the beast and keep it going for him while he is in the air force serving the country. I hope in the next few mods to have it retuned and I think I got rid of all the belt slip for him. I think he is good to go.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
When can we expect vids of the Z vs the Cobra???

yfzkevin

Established Member
Honestly probably not for awhile. My brother is stationed in North Dakota and Right now the car is sitting in my parents garage at their house waiting for him. I go over there once a week and clean it off and my dad starts her up every week or two and lets her run for a little bit. If I had more room in my garage I would have her over here and do little things for my brother while he was gone. Hopefully in a few months when he gets back we will go have some fun with her and the vette. The cobra will beat the vette for sure. The cobra is the fastest car I have been in/driven. Its a beast for sure. I can get vids of the vette up here soon. I have been driving her alot

04yfzkid

Established Member
One day I will finally drive this thing. Still trying to figure out how to fix the belt slip issue. It's hard to fix something that is 2000 miles away dang it lol

1320 Junkie

Established Member
do you have any height measurements of where the car was to drop the motor out the bottom...i just bought 4 ton jackstands for this exact reason...could save me some guesstimating and hair pulling.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Thanks to svtp I was able to get some discounts and order a lot more parts then I need. Chris at American muscle blew the prices out of the water on some rims / and MT DR's. Also have some new rotors and pads coming from rotor pro's. Picked up a RR manual belt tensioner off of 2mchtoy. He shipped the belt tensioner out the next day and it got here quick. Picking up a bigger alternator pulley, boost gauge, and dual gauge cluster bezel here soon. Still up in the air about doing a trunk mounted IC tank. Sadly tx2k12 is out of the window due to my job this year, but I am prepping for next year!

And a couple random pictures that Matt took at a local meet.

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-24.jpg

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
I really like this car..im doing basically the same thing but I got the boss 5.0 block and stroked it to 5.3 (mmr 1500 series) gonna throw a 3.4 with crusher on as well and see what she does.:coolman:

04yfzkid

Established Member
I really like this car..im doing basically the same thing but I got the boss 5.0 block and stroked it to 5.3 (mmr 1500 series) gonna throw a 3.4 with crusher on as well and see what she does.:coolman:

Sounds like it is going to be one hell of a car! Think it will be done by the end of the year? I should be home around then and would love to come check it out. Probably could learn a thing or two from ya :beer:

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
Thanks to svtp I was able to get some discounts and order a lot more parts then I need. Chris at American muscle blew the prices out of the water on some rims / and MT DR's. Also have some new rotors and pads coming from rotor pro's. Picked up a RR manual belt tensioner off of 2mchtoy. He shipped the belt tensioner out the next day and it got here quick. Picking up a bigger alternator pulley, boost gauge, and dual gauge cluster bezel here soon. Still up in the air about doing a trunk mounted IC tank. Sadly tx2k12 is out of the window due to my job this year, but I am prepping for next year!

And a couple random pictures that Matt took at a local meet.

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-24.jpg

Dang Mikey it must kill you to see pics of the car and not be able to drive her! So what wheels did you order? What you doin with the current wheels?

04yfzkid

Established Member
Dang Mikey it must kill you to see pics of the car and not be able to drive her! So what wheels did you order? What you doin with the current wheels?

Yeah it's definitely hard. Crazy to think I didn't even want to ride in it after last time @ 800hp because it scared the shit out of me. It was like ridding with mike from TC in his yota at the night race prerun a couple years ago lol.

Order some fr500's again for the rear. I will probably have to use this car as DD duties when I am on leave (unless I buy another full size), so I figured I would have two sets of rear wheels. Some MT drag radials, and some 555r's for "street" driving. The rims were super cheap from American muscle because they sponsor svtp, so it made it that much easier to pick a set up.

You working on that rear diff cover yet? I want to go for a ride your cobra to see if all this money was really worth it lol. Probably not but you only live once right :burnout:

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
Ya im in the garage right now trying to figure it out haha. Im having some issues but tmro is another day so it should be done by evening. Ill def take you for a ride, as long as i get a ride in your beast. When you planning on coming back?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Sounds like it is going to be one hell of a car! Think it will be done by the end of the year? I should be home around then and would love to come check it out. Probably could learn a thing or two from ya :beer:

i should have everything for my build by the end of the year including the car (sold my mystichrome) Then i just gotta put it together , hopefully it shouldnt take too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread