04 cobra complte motor for sale

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Are you willing to part ways with this engine for $4,000? The money will be local from Houston and in cash. The rest of my investment will be focused on purchasing a computer and harness dealer direct. We followed this auction closely on eBay and it sold for $5k or so unsuccessfully. The pickup and delivery will be handled on our part. Let me know your thoughts on this cash offer. :banana:

Last edited:

svtsnakebit

Established Member
Still got it? Bout to take on a crazy 90 ranger v8 swap project and this looks like a nice candidate if I could make it work.

it'llgo

Established Member
youll have to splice everything, trust me. Splicing over 100 wires is not fun :mj:

Not true. At most it's about 8 wires on most cars, some need a different connector down by the ecm if you use a cobra ecm and ecm harness in a 1999 and up mustang except 6 cylinder cars. Use your body harnesses, dash harnesses, cluster, and steering column. I did it on my 99 gt and I'm no wiring genius

MVM

Established Member
Clutch and flywheel included?

PS & AC compressor included?

Any transmission?

What shape was it in when you removed it?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:

jake01cobra

Established Member
Not true. At most it's about 8 wires on most cars, some need a different connector down by the ecm if you use a cobra ecm and ecm harness in a 1999 and up mustang except 6 cylinder cars. Use your body harnesses, dash harnesses, cluster, and steering column. I did it on my 99 gt and I'm no wiring genius

quick question: i have an 01 cobra.. i want to swap it to an 03 or 04 motor--will my computer be compatible or do i need one from an 03 or 04?

it'llgo

Established Member
You can do it either way. Have the pats turned off in the tune if you don't use the dash harness, cluster, and I beleive the steering column.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
Clutch and flywheel included?

PS & AC compressor included?

Any transmission?

What shape was it in when you removed it?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Mike

It a Complete motor andf it will include the power steering, ac compressor,all front brackets,pulleys and tensioner.. everything ready to drop in...including the flywheel.. NO TRANS. thanks

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
5100$ firm.. anybody looking for a spare motor or project swap. heres the perfect motor.

Users who are viewing this thread