04 cobra sputting over 3000 RPMS

r33pp3r

Hi guys im new to this site but have been reading on this problem that seem others have had but not sure if there is a true fix or what the issue is so heres my problem...

I bought a used 04 cobra with 50K miles on it. All stock ran perfect until i decided to change the plugs out. I bought a set of iridium plugs, put them in ran fine for a few days then all of a sudden starting to sputtering at WOT. Figured the plugs were bad so went and bougt a set of motorsports plugs from the dealer that was for MY car, put them in and still does the same damn thing! I even went and pulled the coils out cleaned them with a wire brush make sure there was good contact on the plug but still did not fix the issue.

So now im to the point that there may be a sensor that is not working correctly? I have no check engine light on, i have not had time to take it to a shop to see if they can do a diagnosis on it yet just FYI.

So plesae speak your mind nd shoot my ideas please.. now remember the car is stock the only mod when I BOUGHT IT was it has a drop in K&N filter.. ALSO KEEP IN MIND IT WAS RUNNING PERFECT TILL I CHANGED THE PLUGS but yet still does it.

crank position sensor, Cam sensor, O2 sensor or alternator???? These were the main things i have read... .

Well thx for the help if any for this newbie here i just want my damn snake to run so i can enjoy what i bought LOL!! :rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread