04 Cobra vs 09 CTS-V Part II

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
Love how people keep saying the extra 100hp helped lol. We all know dyno numbers don't mean shit. I'm willing to bet the cobra dynos higher than what's being presented. Lets see them on the same dyno in the same conditions. The Cts-v is a beast end of story.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
The cobra dynoed at exactly what was presented. Does within 10 hp/tq every time I have dynoed it. It is a very mid setup. It's a 3.0 upper only car on modest timing and make about 16-17 lbs peak boost.

The V is just a nasty beast of a car. Plain and simple.

I do plan on turning up the wick on the cobra very soon though. I have 83k miles on it and am still running the stock 10 spline input shaft so you can understand my hesitance until I can build the trans.

x96535

Cobra EnVious
Established Member
Hurry up and get the bottle hooked up Joe! I think I'll do a full 102mm port next or might just switch to an e85 tune. We'll see how bad you pull me on the spray first

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Love how people keep saying the extra 100hp helped lol. We all know dyno numbers don't mean shit. I'm willing to bet the cobra dynos higher than what's being presented. Lets see them on the same dyno in the same conditions. The Cts-v is a beast end of story.
So are you saying they are both making simiiar power? :shrug: The V is a lot heavier, end of story. It needs the power, first video showed both of them with similar power. Running from a roll, HP means ALMOST everything…..

bleedingfordblu

Established Member

:dw: :nonono:

x96535

Cobra EnVious
Established Member
So are you saying they are both making simiiar power? :shrug: The V is a lot heavier, end of story. It needs the power, first video showed both of them with similar power. Running from a roll, HP means ALMOST everything…..

Yessir. I really should put the V on a diet...

rdsnk46

Established Member

No matter what the A6 in the V is going to keep the car in power longer and be much faster than any stick car. If you guys want to know how fast CTS-V can be, YouTube "MrGetloose2000" he has the fastest CTS-V in the US.

He's my long time buddy and we street race often. He went 9's on the factory blower, Then he sprayed it to 9.6X @ 145. His current setup is a Whipple 2.9 and it went 9.6X on boost only. He will be spraying it soon with the Whipple.

Awesome runs guys!!!

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

How can u say that? I know alot of cars running manual trans that are running in the 9s and even 8s. My 03 cobra with the 2.6h was running that fast with me shifting. :shrug:

No matter what the A6 in the V is going to keep the car in power longer and be much faster than any stick car. If you guys want to know how fast CTS-V can be, YouTube "MrGetloose2000" he has the fastest CTS-V in the US.

He's my long time buddy and we street race often. He went 9's on the factory blower, Then he sprayed it to 9.6X @ 145. His current setup is a Whipple 2.9 and it went 9.6X on boost only. He will be spraying it soon with the Whipple.

Awesome runs guys!!!

x96535

Cobra EnVious
Established Member

Awesome runs guys!!!

Manny's V is a beast! He has been surpassed since then though. Another V from Texas ran a 9.4 a couple months ago. Looking forward to seeing him spray on the whipple though!

How can u say that? I know alot of cars running manual trans that are running in the 9s and even 8s. My 03 cobra with the 2.6h was running that fast with me shifting. :shrug:

Yes, a lot of cars will run 8's with a stick, but there is yet to be a single CTS-V (Gen 2) in the world to even get into the 10's with a manual transmission. I think an 11.06 is the fastest one yet.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
The above posts are correct, at least in my experience (and many others). I've raced a decent amount of cars with 'similar power' that are considerably lighter - and either be door to door or win. The Auto is simply amazing - the gearing and quick shifts seem to do wonders.

Like mentioned, there are 5 auto V's in the 9s and dozens in the 10s - yet not a single manual V has gone faster than an 11.0x. I'm running almost a full second and 5-6mph faster than another local V with the same mods, but manual. Simply put, the Auto V somewhat defies the 1/4 mile calculator logic.

I'm right around 620rwhp and all 3 of these cars match or beat my power.

Cobra race sucked for me - I just got off the dyno and my transmission tune wasn't dialed in - hit the rev limiter every shift. But, you can see how I still pull on it.

[youtube_browser]9o8-r0zDQmM [/youtube_browser]

Both the Camaro and my car put down almost identical numbers - I have 2-3 tenths and 5mph on him.
[youtube_browser]sBA8mX2qinA [/youtube_browser]

The Supra freight trains me, but its still a good race. :)

[youtube_browser]KWsAqYF4WCs[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Careful, because friendly competition can get expensive. LOL! But seriously, nice that you have a buddy for some friendly competition. You both have really nice, strong running rides.

Users who are viewing this thread