Votes: 81 23.1%
  • Don't care for it

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • IT'S FUGLY!!

Votes: 28 8.0%

• Total voters

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
I think this car is awseome, but there's a wide range of opinions. What do you think??

MODS.. edit to ''Its O.K., but I hope it grows on me.''

Last edited by a moderator:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Just got back from the NAIAS, took a quick run to see the concept. I think it looks a lot better in person than photos.

Ford had 4 Cobra's, a Mach 1, SVT Focus, '03, '04 Lightning's, the GT, and a Shelby 500KR. And the other concepts discussed.

Worth a trip IMHO.

03rocks

Established Member
I will definately have one, but I'll wait till prob 2006 model year and hope they've released a cobra in that platform by then. I'm kinda spoiled with SC'ed Cobras and don't really want one that's not SC'ed.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks
I will definately have one, but I'll wait till prob 2006 model year.

I agree, I like the styling and with a few tweaks it will be stellar! I'll probably wait unitl 2006 as well but I think there will be a Cobra in 2005 but we will have to wait and see

Venmus

Established Member
I just thought of something. If they produce this car as an 05 model year, why would anybody buy an 04? Maybe they will skip 04 Cobra production like they did 02?

95Proof

Established Member
I think the car is beautiful. I will be waiting until 2006 also. Let them get the bugs out first. I am sure there will be a few. Hopefully the dealer mark up craze will die out in the first year also. A car may be worth every penny of MSRP - but never over in my opinion - they spend way too much time pricing these things to not make a fair profit.

MarkWanc

Established Member
IMHO, I think Saleen and Roush are kind of overbaked these days. SVT has it over them. SVT does a nice clean job that is just right. Saleen and Roush make their cars look like something a 16 year old would do after picking up all the magazines and then ordering all the aftermarket dress up items...which I do not care for. The last time I saw a new Saleen at the dealership, I looked at the hood. It was low quality and had all kinds of waves in the fiberglass/composite. It really looked Cheesy. I then looked at a new Cobra vert's hood that was parked right next to it - the quality was in a different league - plus it was not overbaked. Just my two cents though.

Mark

Wildpony

Established Member
I like it for the most part other than the tailight setup. I would rather see less rear area covered by their current style of tailights or go w/vertical "Tri Bar" design.

Also if the new design is going to be a 2 seater, I don't know why they keep raising the weight of the car, as Ihave read that it could be a couple hundred pounds heavier.WTF??

I do like the rumor of a 6speed auto "paddle shifter" option for our Cobras. (ie. Jag "S-type,Ferrari 360 F1,etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread