• Don't care for it

Votes: 31 8.9%
  • IT'S FUGLY!!

Votes: 28 8.0%

• Total voters

SVCOBRA

Established Member
Oh Yeah, It's a winner!

I definitely think this one's a winner. I love the 60's styling, reminiscent of the 68 Shelby nose and side scoops. I hear the new platform will bring it into a whole new class of handling and ride. I hope Ford doesn't price it too high because I wan't to keep my '03 Cobra too! Anyone know what the HP figures are so far?
I guess I have 2 years to start putting in some overtime!

Thanks,
Sam

B-O-B'03

Established Member
The wife actually said that she would part with her '99 GT for the '05 (the same '99 GT that she said she would keep forever).

I posted a pic, that I think is a photochop, that looks like a MAchI.

<click me>

Nice looking car :thumbsup:

-Brian

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am reserving my judgement on if I am going to get one or not until I see the final specs. From my understanding HP will be in the 450 range but the damn thing is gonna weigh in around 4000 lbs. I am REALLY hoping they drop some of the damn weight. Car aint gonna be much good for racing at that weight IMNSHO

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Very nice car....but is the mustang going the ways of the C5 Corvette? I mean an 05 Mustang convertible with 400hp must be too expensive for the average mustang buyer.
I still like it but

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Originally posted by RDJ
I am reserving my judgement on if I am going to get one or not until I see the final specs. From my understanding HP will be in the 450 range but the damn thing is gonna weigh in around 4000 lbs. I am REALLY hoping they drop some of the damn weight. Car aint gonna be much good for racing at that weight IMNSHO

Where in gods name did you hear this nonsense!!!

budddavid

Established Member
'05 Mustang

I think ford has made a big mistake with this one. The '05 has got to be the ugliest mustang. I sure hope ford changes thier minds before going to production with this car.

Gatorac

Established Member
Ford gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for this one. I hope the production model will still get the brushed aluminum in the interior. The Mustangs interior has been too boring for too long.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I say, why not take advantage of what most sports cars don't have... herratage! Mustangs have that and a long herratage only means that it was able to survive and that means that it earned it way through time.

Venmus

Established Member
Talked to a Ford rep this weekend and the auto show in Jacksonville. He said the car is 90% of what we see online and in the shows. He also said it will be available in 15 months. So by next summer we could be driving the new 05. Anybody want to buy an 03???

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Venmus
Talked to a Ford rep this weekend and the auto show in Jacksonville. He said the car is 90% of what we see online and in the shows. He also said it will be available in 15 months. So by next summer we could be driving the new 05. Anybody want to buy an 03???

Well if you like the looks of the car over power since they'll only be offering the 05's in the GT, and alot of what ford is saying we'll be lucky if we even see an 06 Cobra, then I guess that would be the way to go.

Last edited:

cobralightning

Established Member
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Like It!!

Brings back memories of my '69. However, I, like many, would want some serious HP under the hood. Concept cars tend to promise a lot -- but then the financial realities set in for the car company and things get cut.

IMHO, the price point is going to have to be similar to the existing GT plus a little inflation in order to move cars. Too many people are maxxed out right now.

I would love to see a 05 or 06 SVT version of this car. I am just hoping that SVT's are still produced 2 to 3 years from now, given Ford's financial condition.

Didn't I read somewhere that SVT is being folded into the Performance Group?

Jens03GT

Established Member
I must say that I do like the new Mustang. I love the way they brought back a part of the older body and put it together new age style.

Users who are viewing this thread