06 gto or 03-04 cobra

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
If i needed to be in the car alot (IE a commute) and wanted a car with balls and was roomy and comfy, it would be a GTO. i highly doubt id mod it at all, aside from a nice exhaust, shifter and intake.

+1

my GTO is my daily right now, until winter hits. i have a catback, shifter, and intake. adds a little power, a great sound, and easier shifting, while retaining the warranty

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
Well what I think of doing is going ahead and use the 96 as a daily driver for now and get the cobra. My wife loves the stangs better. She thinks the gto looks too girlish. her friend has one. Its a win win situation. I am getting an average with my 96 of 22 miles per gal. WEll thats what I am calculating. :D it sucks right now driving though because all the smoke in southern cali. Thanks for the ideas guys.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
if your looking for more comfort with some good performance go with the GTO, if your looking for great all around performance and decent comfort than go with the Cobra.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

wow! and people think the 10th Anni cobras have too much red interior :fart:

i drove my cobra cross country, with the top down the entire way, and it was more than comfortable. in heavy LA traffic the clutch does feel like its doing this to your leg though :poke:

the GTOs are nice and you can get a 6.0 for a steal! i like them. i dont think id take one over a cobra but i do like them, looks and all.

you could always wait for the Pontiac G8 that's coming......

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
after driving my cobra for a while, i almost put my foot through the floor with the GTO--very light clutch (its hydraulic of course). i'm a big guy, and the cobra's seat bolsters hurt my ass after a while, whereas the GTO's aren't as prominent. the GTO also has THE MOST comfortable back seat of any 2 door sports car i've ever been in--leg room is still an issue of course.

still, the cobra is the faster car, that is more easily modded. the cobra will get WAY more attention as well--both positive and negative. the average idiot on the road thinks my GTO is just a cavalier with hood scoops. you should see the look on peoples' faces when you run out 1st gear in a parking garage-

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
Well the back seat is no problem right now, I only have a 5 year old and he fits fine in the back unless my wife pisses me off then she goes to the back. lol. But she said the back seat of the 96 is ok. lucky for her she is petite.

Users who are viewing this thread