'07 Cobra Sighted

Lawman85

Banned
Sorry guys, just learned how to post pics... here they are... the 07 Cobra Mule....
funnycar17rt.jpg
[/IMG]

funnycar23zq.jpg
[/IMG]

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
CannibalCobra said:
it's a fake. if you save it and then zoom in with something like microsoft paint, you can see that there is a license plate, not a black panel there like he claims, and the rear tires are WAY too skinny compared to the rest of the car. The tires look like they're 205's or something. lol. NOT a cobra. i don't think that they would even have one out just driving down the road. last time i checked, they hadn't even decided on at they were going to do to the engine yet. and they aren't going to have one out before they release what they are going to look like.

if they were going to transport one, it would be in a covered trailer, not driving on a busy highway.

ive talked to one of the engine designers for the 07 cobra. he says the motor has been produced and they are doing all the testing on it. he also said that Ford of Australia was busting down their doors begging to use the motor in something down under.

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
bdcardinal said:
ive talked to one of the engine designers for the 07 cobra. he says the motor has been produced and they are doing all the testing on it. he also said that Ford of Australia was busting down their doors begging to use the motor in something down under.

which equates to......we still have to wait!

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
j080808 said:
...I have seen hundreds of pre-production cars and trucks on the streets. They always have have Michigan manufacturer license plates, tons of gauges on the dash, computers on the seats/dashboard, cables and wires running everywhere, and most certainly bras masking some if not all of the body parts. Pre-production vehicles are driven everywhere across the United States to expose them to real word testing. Ford has testing facilities in serveral places throughout the US, and they dont always truck them there. Skinny tires, fat tires this and that, whatever, the test cars I would see dont necessarily resemble the finished product and thats for a reason. This could be a car testing a new drivetrain/engine combo, or a dozen other things. When they are done with testing, they crush the cars because they cant be sold since they dont have VIN numbers. When in Michigan (anywhere) keep an eye out for Manufacturer plates, there may be something interesting going on.
I agree.

CanadaSVT

Torque Inspector
Established Member
CannibalCobra said:
you can see that there is a license plate, not a black panel there like he claimsQUOTE]
For the 2005 Mustangs our local dealer is giving the option of a blacked-out rear trunk between the taillights. They use the vinyl like some use for Shelby stripes. Looks like a '70 Boss and really cleans up that ugly rear end.

sonicblue2003

Established Member
well i was reading in a mag. that they do have a few 07 cobra's out. they have a few of each different set up. cant remember. but i think these were them either a cobra with a 5.4, n/a, a 4.6 s/c and a 351. they said that they have a few different set ups that they were trying out. they also said that they tried to not make them stick out, that most people would just think that they were 05 stangs. ( would have smaller tires and really not say cobra anywhere on them) i well try to find the arctle and post it up.. i know you cant believe everything u read ........

mikep01

Established Member
ford dose a lot of testing here in so ca.. the use lakewood\rosemead blvd all the time. there were then cruiseing the 05 must over a year ago on rosemead. saw it alomost every mornig and sometime on the drive home. i ll keep an eye out for.

FordFreak

Established Member
mikep01 said:
ford dose a lot of testing here in so ca.. the use lakewood\rosemead blvd all the time. there were then cruiseing the 05 must over a year ago on rosemead. saw it alomost every mornig and sometime on the drive home. i ll keep an eye out for.

Mike is right. All the cars come out of 3 places around here. I saw the Ford GT a long time ago and chased it into Roush. I got to sit in it and speak with the engineers for about 45min. I also just saw the other day a chopped navigator. It was funky looking, but defiantly a test vehicle. I’ve seen the 2 door crown vic also, plus a lot of others.

The testing of the cars is done out of Roush in Bellflower. They just moved their facility to Cypress, but they still operate around my area.
There is also more testing done by Ford in Paramount. Right off of Alondra and Garfield. They have a HUGE storage facility and service center there too.
The 3rd facility is in Long Beach near Pacific Ford. Right near Boeing. That facility is just a storage unit as far as I know.

umustdv8

Established Member
svtcobra0304 said:
Ledvenom, if thats how the new one looks sorta next to in your sig, I can't wait!!

Nice huh? I'm not a fan of the whole retro thing, but those two concepts are SWEET!!!!!! I'd buy that!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
i wonder how much that fatty is going to weigh. 3 months till the auto show! woot

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Just wanted to state that if there was an 07 cobra running around it would have a bra and panties on it, black wheels, and would be in MI. Rain or snow it doesnt faucking matter...they dont care...its not their car.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
Looks weird and unidentifiable but here it goes..Im leaving it the original size cause you could see the " cobra" better lol....
06COBRA032.jpg

Actually that looks like the 05 S281 Saleen.

Users who are viewing this thread