'08 Shelby Follow along for a TT kit build

CPRsm

That's A LOT of greenbacks !

Did you keep your stock tank or back seat ? the tank looks like a "fairly" easy fab to job fit that upper mount.

ferrarokid

Established Member
That's A LOT of greenbacks !

Did you keep your stock tank or back seat ? the tank looks like a "fairly" easy fab to job fit that upper mount.

Nah, stock tank is gone, as is the back seat (rear seat delete).

What's the largest turbo we can use with your kit ?

CPRsm

Without any mods, 67's. Only problem with bigger is the GTS wheels for 70 and 76's have 3.5 exh. But 67's will make quite a bit of power.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Don't know if you took a good look at my M9 housing or not. But that's why i made a new mount for the UCA on the housing. I lowered it and used a smaller bushing bring it closer to the housing. It helped in the angle department. Also its easier to install. Then trying to install a bushing in the housing. Now the UCA has a bushing at both ends. Not one in the housing like stock. I run the same bushing at both ends of the UCA. Also i dumped the 14 MM bolts. Drilled it out to 9/16's. I bought some F911 grade 9 9/16's bolts and replaced all the metric bolts and nuts. The new ones i torqued @ 190 FT LB's per spec's "thats a lot of torque for 9/16's bolt" and they are reusable. Only bad part is, you need a 1/2" drive ratchet and a piece of pipe just to break them loose to adjust anything. Or a bad ass impact. Get that shit done will yea. I wanta see some real times. :whine:

CPRsm

Man so much to do, so much. Money too Dammit. It never ends lol. I didn't notice you lowered it. Is it closer than stock, or just closer than it was for the 9in ? Only problem I can see is if it's too close the amount of leverage on the upper arm is going to increase the closer you put it to the center-line of the axle tube. The "hit" from the upper is going to be harder. The bolts on the lower in the rear are 3/4, 5/8 in front and the upper front it 5/8 also. I put the brackets on the LCA's real close to the joints to keep the shear area low on the bolts. About to start working on it again. Was here until 2am this morning

rdsnk46

Established Member
Man so much to do, so much. Money too Dammit. It never ends lol. I didn't notice you lowered it. Is it closer than stock, or just closer than it was for the 9in ? Only problem I can see is if it's too close the amount of leverage on the upper arm is going to increase the closer you put it to the center-line of the axle tube. The "hit" from the upper is going to be harder. The bolts on the lower in the rear are 3/4, 5/8 in front and the upper front it 5/8 also. I put the brackets on the LCA's real close to the joints to keep the shear area low on the bolts. About to start working on it again. Was here until 2am this morning

Get some rest man!

CPRsm

Shit. I left here, got halfway home and ran over a BIG tire weight, through the sidewall of course. And still had the damn spare on there because I had another one about 3 days ago. I kid you not I have had NO LESS than 10 flats in the last 4 years with them. Wife doesn't pick up her phone, and I give up after about 8 tries. I grab the laptop out of the truck and start walking my ass home at 3am. Today's going to be a great day. :bored:

ferrarokid

Established Member
Shit. I left here, got halfway home and ran over a BIG tire weight, through the sidewall of course. And still had the damn spare on there because I had another one about 3 days ago. I kid you not I have had NO LESS than 10 flats in the last 4 years with them. Wife doesn't pick up her phone, and I give up after about 8 tries. I grab the laptop out of the truck and start walking my ass home at 3am. Today's going to be a great day. :bored:

See that shit ... If you did not live 3,000 miles away I could have helped you out there.. even at 3am ! !

On a side note, I put a racepak system in the car now, we can get REAL data ! !

Get some rest .. you look like hell ! ! :eek:

CPRsm

Haha, Yep, oldest takes after me a good bit,too. We're hoping he'll grow out of it.

Mmmmmmm. IDK if I will get the whole deal, but driveshaft speed would be NICE. Easy hook up on a 9in. But will have to look into something for the 8.8 if it lives.

How many Red bulls before you think someone OD's ?

ferrarokid

Established Member
Haha, Yep, oldest takes after me a good bit,too. We're hoping he'll grow out of it.

Mmmmmmm. IDK if I will get the whole deal, but driveshaft speed would be NICE. Easy hook up on a 9in. But will have to look into something for the 8.8 if it lives.

How many Red bulls before you think someone OD's ?

I have the racepak setup for: driveshaft speed, engine rpm, boost, coolant temp, fuel psi, wideband 02, transbrake, voltage & will be adding rear shock sensors next week... just playing around on the street the data was really usefull. friggin love data ! !

I remember In testing, anymore then half the normal sized can (redbull) gave no additional benefits..

I used to be addicted to that stuff.. Now I have been using 5 hour energy..

Last edited:

CPRsm

5 hour is AWESOME. But the bull is nice to sit here and sip on while I wake up though. Try a redline ? That will knock you on your ass. Has a line on the bottle on where to stop drinking for your one serving LOL

CPRsm

Got some time to work on it this weekend. Just need to figure out how I'm going to weld the mount in. Think I'll bring the tin down and make it so I can adjust it all in the car. If I make it so I can adjust all underneath, not sure I can keep the back seat without lots of modification. We'll see. Hopefully make the panhard tomorrow so I can take this damn thing off the rack. Plated the front mount with 1/4 instead. The frame has a huge reverse dome right there and didn't want there to be any chance of bending that plate. I hope this thing 60's like a mother. This was a bit of work :bash:

rearsuspension005.jpg

rearsuspension004.jpg

rearsuspension002.jpg

rearsuspension001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread