09+ Hemi 1500 Rams

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Cute kid!!!

As my dad says. Everyone will own a dodge. Once

If you like it and its in your budget do it to it!

If it makes you feel better my fishing/hunting rig is a 93 Silverado 4X4 with 165k on her. Still going strong. Except that damn fuel pump that was just replaced.

Last edited:

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Have you checked cargurus.com? I was recently looking for a lower mile 05 Excursion. They had listings that some of the others didn't.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
alright guys, i think i hit a home run. let me know what you think...

2011 CPO 19k miles 4x4 5.0 XLT with limited slip rear axle (or so it says). I dont have a way to verify?

They were asking 27999

I have this at $23999 OTD done deal. $1k off the truck, $4k for the burb. I honestly believe I can get it to $22999. Im going back monday morning to do the deal. thoughts?

lr4cmcK.jpg

9xgxoUq.jpg

hHk6zJ0.jpg

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
I think it is a fair price as well. Ill probably pull the trigger monday morning. :)

so excited to be buying an f150 its what ive always wanted, i had to go over budget but in the end it is a better truck than the RAM IMO. nothing against the rams at all, i originally wanted one but for $3k more i can get a CPO 19k mile f150 instead of a 70k mile hemi ram? no brainer...

oh and they are putting in a bed liner.

Last edited:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I think it is a fair price as well. Ill probably pull the trigger monday morning. :)

so excited to be buying an f150 its what ive always wanted, i had to go over budget but in the end it is a better truck than the RAM IMO. nothing against the rams at all, i originally wanted one but for $3k more i can get a CPO 19k mile f150 instead of a 70k mile hemi ram? no brainer...

oh and they are putting in a bed liner.

????
You are telling me that option for option, Fords are CHEAPER than Rams?

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
No, fords are way higher priced than RAMs due to resale value. I found a good deal, jumped on it and beat the price down for 2 hours :)

i originally didnt even look at f150s because they are way too expensive. patience is a virtue, i got a way nicer truck than what my OP had in it and only went over budget by about $3500

Last edited:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
this is originally why i didnt look at them, didnt think i could score a deal.

Oh, you were talking about this particular deal. I thought you were talking about prices in general.

I like the truck man. I need a true 4 door, but other than that I like the way it is optioned.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Oh, you were talking about this particular deal. I thought you were talking about prices in general.

I like the truck man. I need a true 4 door, but other than that I like the way it is optioned.

yea my bad, just talking about this deal specifically.

in a perfect world i would have a crew cab but it isnt a priority, this is a secondary vehicle for us.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Well, so much for the ram idea. Took this home last night. :banana:

I picked up the '11 CPO 5.0 XLT, it has a few options as well including LSD rear diff. Got them to drop their price quite a bit and got full retail for my rusty old burb.

There are a ton of things to love about this truck, my only complaint so far is sync bluetooth connecting with my phone seems hit or miss. need to figure that out.

sorry for potato pics

BNAmZo4.jpg

HH8Vsa7.jpg

J1NPj9b.jpg

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
pleasant surprises so far...

-center bench seat/console is awesome
-the seats are super comfy
-for a body on frame truck it rides great, still acts like a tuning fork over bumps but very subdued
-the cabin is one of the most quiet cabins ive ever been in
-the 5.0L has tons of grunt and sounds great

also, not saying this because I got the ford but the build quality is substantially better regarding things you touch, feel and interact with starting with simply opening/closing the doors all the way to buttons and levers in the cabin.

clbailey

Established Member
pleasant surprises so far...

-center bench seat/console is awesome
-the seats are super comfy
-for a body on frame truck it rides great, still acts like a tuning fork over bumps but very subdued
-the cabin is one of the most quiet cabins ive ever been in
-the 5.0L has tons of grunt and sounds great

also, not saying this because I got the ford but the build quality is substantially better regarding things you touch, feel and interact with starting with simply opening/closing the doors all the way to buttons and levers in the cabin.

New rams have the same refined feel.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread