+1 For the people at MGW!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Yesterday I called MGW to give them my information so they could ship me the new boot and to my surprise I received it this morning! Wont get a chance to install it until tomorrow but I just wanted to share some great customer service.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
they called me over 2 weeks ago to collect my payment info, told me it was going to ship in a few days.......still waiting on mine :??:

I called them last week and this week, and they told me the same thing...."shipping today or tomorrow." I'm a little upset, I have a bunch of parts waiting to be installed, and the shifter has been holding me back for weeks.

Oh well, I know it's a quality piece so I'll keep waiting.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
they called me over 2 weeks ago to collect my payment info, told me it was going to ship in a few days.......still waiting on mine :??:

I called them last week and this week, and they told me the same thing...."shipping today or tomorrow." I'm a little upset, I have a bunch of parts waiting to be installed, and the shifter has been holding me back for weeks.

Patience lol jk

See the SEMA thread with all those new goodies for you Boss 302 guys?
Finally a header option that keeps the side exit exhaust and increases diameter for flow.

I hope to order one of these shifters in the near future.

11BLK5.0

Established Member

I'm n same boat u are kinda upset

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Gentlemen, I sent George of MGW a message about this link. He will be responding shortly. I believe there is a supply problem from one of the suppliers that MGW gets certain parts from that is causing the hold-up.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Got the new boot installed and it looks much better. Was a bitch to get on though...

IMAG0918.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

old vs new

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0921.jpg

MI GT

Established Member
Got my boot on looks good, but it won't stay on the shifter
when you put it in 6th gear.
Anybody else notice this?
Getting a message off to George now .

Thanks
Jim

bcolenj

Established Member
I installed mine the other day. They fixed the height problem but unfortunately I think it introduced some more problems. The boot is thicker rubber, its tighter and doesnt give way or bend as easily. That also makes it harder to install correctly. I think that is introducing some drag and pull on the shifter. Dont get me wrong, the shifter itself is great, in my opinion the best design out there, the boot very crucial as well and unfortunately leaves something to be desired.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Got my boot on looks good, but it won't stay on the shifter
when you put it in 6th gear.
Anybody else notice this?
Getting a message off to George now .

Thanks
Jim

I went through the gears a few times before putting the console back on and mine didn't seem to come loose.

I installed mine the other day. They fixed the height problem but unfortunately I think it introduced some more problems. The boot is thicker rubber, its tighter and doesnt give way or bend as easily. That also makes it harder to install correctly. I think that is introducing some drag and pull on the shifter. Dont get me wrong, the shifter itself is great, in my opinion the best design out there, the boot very crucial as well and unfortunately leaves something to be desired.

I agree with this. The new boot size with the old boots material would be the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread